Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Bustle!!!

Default Re: Bustle!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ The inexperience factor is very big when it comes to things like blocking assignments, routes and reads in the zone option. I heard that Yobes redshirted mainly because he wasn't able to adapt really well to many of these things. Once the ball is in their hands, its usually instinct and reaction. The receivers need time to get into a rhthym with their QB whoever that is. This takes time and lots of route running. It just takes time for young skill players on offense to adapt sometimes. I think the 2010 year could be very special. This is the next year that I'm putting a lot of expectations in place. Next year, I will be more curious to see how the talent is developing and seeing how they do after they get some good gametime in Lincoln and Baton Rouge. _
    Walker is red shirting because we signed Sails late and the only problem he had was with some of the blocking assignments in certain packages. He is a complete back much like Fenroy was his first three years. Draylon Booker who is also red shirting to put on weight, he is a guy who has that 2nd and 3rd gear that you do not find in many backs.

IMO the kid from Mamou and the kid from Eunice are both good D1 backs, I would be happy to have either one of them. I would also like to see us go after Ridge Turner from South Plaquemines, this kid can flat out play the game of football.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ Walker is red shirting because we signed Sails late and the only problem he had was with some of the blocking assignments in certain packages. He is a complete back much like Fenroy was his first three years. Draylon Booker who is also red shirting to put on weight, he is a guy who has that 2nd and 3rd gear that you do not find in many backs.

IMO the kid from Mamou and the kid from Eunice are both good D1 backs, I would be happy to have either one of them. I would also like to see us go after Ridge Turner from South Plaquemines, this kid can flat out play the game of football. _

That was exactly my point. We were planning on redshirting Yobes because we were expecting Sails to come in and contribute and Walker had a tough time grasping a lot of the blocking schemes needed. This is inexperience and a great example because he's a guy that is awfully talented and will make a heck of a back once he learns the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ Fun when recruiting--I always felt this and I remember your post----where did you get the stats???? BTW--Coach Blanco turned this thing around with many NO Catholic League players---same with Augie----question--What % of UL is Catholic and is it the largest Catholic school in the country??? _
    What about Presbyterians, I hear they are excellent players. But alas, we probably do not have the highest percentage of Presbyterians.

OK from now on only recruit Catholics from Vermillion Parish.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    _ What about Presbyterians, I hear they are excellent players. But alas, we probably do not have the highest percentage of Presbyterians.

OK from now on only recruit Catholics from Vermillion Parish. _
    Lemme tell you about the brown gravy I made with a pot roast yesterday. The two Texas size jalapeno's I added to "the trinity" took it to an alltime new high in gravy construction.

UL Football Re: Bustle!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ Hopefully we do have to grant an extension. That means we will continue the success we have had in the last few games and finish strong. Season has a long way to go. If guys look ahead, we may not finish with a winning season. We have to win three of five to do that and that is no means a certainty when you look at the remaining games. _
    First win FIU which is the next game up and one I can get excited bout. Then we need only to go 2-2 to get that winning season. Really the only truly important thing is to beat FIU, FAU, and Troy. It gets us that winning season, and a trip to New Orleans. If we can do that, and any better that is just plain whipped cream with a Chery on top.

save

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    What about Presbyterians, I hear they are excellent players. But alas, we probably do not have the highest percentage of Presbyterians.

OK from now on only recruit Catholics from Vermillion Parish.
    No, you need the Jewish kids. Those intellectual types are REALLY tough.

The Jews and the Quakers, that's what will give your team a killer instinct.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    _ No, you need the Jewish kids. Those intellectual types are REALLY tough.

The Jews and the Quakers, that's what will give your team a killer instinct. _
    Now you are going too far, Fun! Disrespecting my Presbyterian heritage? Now really! You gotta know that we Presbys can rock 'em & sock 'em with the best of them! Now, I didn't know that about the Jews, but I had heard some things about the Quakers!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Fun when recruiting--I always felt this and I remember your post----where did you get the stats???? BTW--Coach Blanco turned this thing around with many NO Catholic League players---same with Augie----question--What % of UL is Catholic and is it the largest Catholic school in the country???
    Boomer,

I don't know if you saw last week's QB club, but Wingerter said it's 80%.

I promise you, a lot of BCS schools don't get 80% conversion.

UL Football Re: Bustle!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ Ricky Bustle must be let go at the end of this year if not before. Our administration must pony up the dough and pay a real coaches salary and start a new era in Cajuns Football. This move should have been made last year. _

Hate to start this up again, but after our collassal fall on our faces, I think it's time to start fresh with a clean slate. We're losing our top flight QB and RB, so next year is going to be rough. I say we need to get a new guy in here and start rebuilding. 7 years and .500 is what we're shooting for again????? unacceptable in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by bigearl View Post
    _ Hate to start this up again, but after our collassal fall on our faces, I think it's time to start fresh with a clean slate. We're losing our top flight QB and RB, so next year is going to be rough. I say we need to get a new guy in here and start rebuilding. 7 years and .500 is what we're shooting for again????? unacceptable in my book. _

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ _
    This is the thread that will not die. Where's CajunExpress and the rest of those guys? They have been MIA since Saturday.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Bustle!!!

Look everyone is frustrated, but the things yall are writing are rediculous. Have we been a winning team ever? Come on, yall are acting like we win all the time. We are all going to see who the real Cajun fans are on Dec. 3! Every body is already off the band wagon, but that goes to show you what type of fans we are! Maybe we need NEW fans!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ SAL View Post
    _ Look everyone is frustrated, but the things yall are writing are rediculous. Have we been a winning team ever? Come on, yall are acting like we win all the time. We are all going to see who the real Cajun fans are on Dec. 3! Every body is already off the band wagon, but that goes to show you what type of fans we are! Maybe we need NEW fans! _
    Alright then, you can have Bustle, because he apparently makes some people here feel like real fans.
    I was in Troy this weekend and I know what I saw, and I will be there for Middle Tennessee. I just do not understand your apathy towards the situation, did you see what I saw on Saturday? Where you there? Putting the 3rd string QB in after the third quarter in what was pretty much a conference championship. Come on, I don't care if you are losing, you don't do that to seniors!
    Please make an effort to understand our frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ SAL View Post
    _ Look everyone is frustrated, but the things yall are writing are rediculous. Have we been a winning team ever? Come on, yall are acting like we win all the time. We are all going to see who the real Cajun fans are on Dec. 3! Every body is already off the band wagon, but that goes to show you what type of fans we are! Maybe we need NEW fans! _
    I have been on the "bangwagon" since 1995 (my freshman year at Louisiana). I won't be there on Dec. 3, but that's only because I have to work. I can't imagine many serious Cajun fans won't be there, since there still is a lot riding on this game. There is a very real possibillity of a bowl game still out there, and frankly, I consider a bowl game a successful season. No bowl game, and the season is a failure. Simple criteria. Come on Cajun fans! Don't give up!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information