Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Bustle!!!

Default Re: Bustle!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ We would love to reload but you have to be honest about this team and next years team. We will be losing the best RB this school has ever seen, you just can't reload at that position when you lose a player of that caliber. Yobes Walker, undre Sails, Draylon Booker, and hopefully in recruiting we get a guy that caliber of Robert Walker or Marcus Wiltz who will both be good college backs. Our offensive line will be very good next year with a lot of experienced guys who have played together for a couple of years which will help a young RB settle into the position. I look for us to have a drop off in talent only because we are losing arguably the best player to put on a Cajun uniform.

Also we lose a very good QB in Desmo, could McGuire or possibly Gauthier step in and play well yes but you still lose a very experienced starter so we will probably see a drop off in this area. But we might see an upgrade in the passing game with the next starter but right now it is to far away to make that observation.

We will have our entire defense back for the most part which will be huge. The defense will have to step up a lot more to make up for an inexperienced offense. Note that I say experience because it is not always about talent when you have a team that is experienced.

Ok I am off of my soap box. _

Thank you. You gave an outsider a good scope of the things to come. Nobody could replace Fenroy. For my generation that would be like asking for another Brian Mitchell. Having the "D" back with a lesser offense might be awesome. Troy seems to reload every year. Why not us? Anyways if we go to a bowl this year.all is cool

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    _ Thank you. You gave an outsider a good scope of the things to come. Nobody could replace Fenroy. For my generation that would be like asking for another Brian Mitchell. Having the "D" back with a lesser offense might be awesome. Troy seems to reload every year. Why not us? Anyways if we go to a bowl this year.all is cool _
    Troy has become much more established than we have. When you pick up a few BCS wins coupled with a bowl win another bowl appearance in recent memory they have a lot more to use in recruiting than we do. They also have very good facilities. I think with Farmer in place as our associate AD, who is a formerly of Troy, I think a new attitude is within the program.

Back to Troy thought they have done what they have because they have done what no other Sunbelt program has an that is build on success. ULM beat Alabama but it really did not matter because they never built on the momentum, whereas Troy beats OK State and finishes 8-4 and then got screwed out of a bowl game. I think Troy is a program we can try to become for the short term and hopefully get to the level of some other successful Non-BCS schools. It starts with funding and facility enhancements and then putting a fun product on the field which is happening now. We have to build on the momentum being created and if we do things will sky rocket very soon.

_ Troy has become much more established than we have. When you pick up a few BCS wins coupled with a bowl win another bowl appearance in recent memory they have a lot more to use in recruiting than we do. They also have very good facilities. I think with Farmer in place as our associate AD, who is a formerly of Troy, I think a new attitude is within the program.

Back to Troy thought they have done what they have because they have done what no other Sunbelt program has an that is build on success. ULM beat Alabama but it really did not matter because they never built on the momentum, whereas Troy beats OK State and finishes 8-4 and then got screwed out of a bowl game. I think Troy is a program we can try to become for the short term and hopefully get to the level of some other successful Non-BCS schools. It starts with funding and facility enhancements and then putting a fun product on the field which is happening now. We have to build on the momentum being created and if we do things will sky rocket very soon. _
    I believe it comes with tradition. Doesn't Troy have a tradition of winning? I believe their first 1-A win was against us. I seem to remember listening to it on the radio back in the early 90's. If little Troy Alabama can have a great team we can too. I agree and like what you are saying about them putting a fun product on the field. Troy is beatable. This team and coaching staff is showing they are doing their part. I hope to see everyone in New Orleans in December.

4. Default Re: Bustle!!!

The easiest thing to do in College football is make the jump to D1 and have initial success.

It has to do with the unhampered ability to recruit.

If you are already D1 and you have to raise your scholarships from say 45 to 85 it takes at least 5 years.

5. Default Re: Bustle!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ The easiest thing to do in College football is make the jump to D1 and have initial success.

It has to do with the unhampered ability to recruit.

If you are already D1 and you have to raise your scholarships from say 45 to 85 it takes at least 5 years. _
    T-bine----great post-----I think that when they see the stats and crowds --UL will be a great choice---that is amongst the eligible recruits for our level!!!

I thought it interesting last night my hubby and I went to a party here in Katy. Met a young man who plays football at Seven Lakes High School near my home. He was asking about UL and KP as he is being looked at by a couple of schools. He told me his friend was trying so hard to get recruited by UL. Made me quite proud and proves that UL is becoming a recognized name with players as well. Gosh this is a good year.hope the second 1/2 is as positive.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    _ I believe it comes with tradition. Doesn't Troy have a tradition of winning? I believe their first 1-A win was against us. I seem to remember listening to it on the radio back in the early 90's. If little Troy Alabama can have a great team we can too. I agree and like what you are saying about them putting a fun product on the field. Troy is beatable. This team and coaching staff is showing they are doing their part. I hope to see everyone in New Orleans in December. _

We are just now starting to get some nice talent into this program. The problem is it is young talent. Our QB's for next year are talented but as you saw in the ASU game, talent doesn't replace experience. It will take time for either Gautier or McGuire to really settle in. At RB, we do have some talent and I'm praying to the football gods that we get Walker from Mamou. However, you are replacing one of the best RB's to play in the state of Louisiana ever I don't care what anybody says, you don't just fill in with someone just as good the next year. There will be a dropoff in production next year for sure. All of the guys in line to play are young and vastly inexperienced. The line will have to help that situation out by playing very solid since it will be very experienced. The D has a lot of young talent which is nice to see and should be one of the Sunbelts best for the next several years.

We are not where Troy is in recruiting so to think we can just reload is not logical at this time. Maybe in two years, we'll be saying something different.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ We are just now starting to get some nice talent into this program. The problem is it is young talent. Our QB's for next year are talented but as you saw in the ASU game, talent doesn't replace experience. It will take time for either Gautier or McGuire to really settle in. At RB, we do have some talent and I'm praying to the football gods that we get Walker from Mamou. However, you are replacing one of the best RB's to play in the state of Louisiana ever I don't care what anybody says, you don't just fill in with someone just as good the next year. There will be a dropoff in production next year for sure. All of the guys in line to play are young and vastly inexperienced. The line will have to help that situation out by playing very solid since it will be very experienced. The D has a lot of young talent which is nice to see and should be one of the Sunbelts best for the next several years.

We are not where Troy is in recruiting so to think we can just reload is not logical at this time. Maybe in two years, we'll be saying something different. _
    Logical assessment. I don't think the inexperience factor is as critical at RB as it is at QB. But losing Fenroy will be difficult, no matter who steps in. And I think we do have some talent there. I'm not thinking reload, but we should still have a good team next year.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ We are just now starting to get some nice talent into this program. The problem is it is young talent. Our QB's for next year are talented but as you saw in the ASU game, talent doesn't replace experience. It will take time for either Gautier or McGuire to really settle in. At RB, we do have some talent and I'm praying to the football gods that we get Walker from Mamou. However, you are replacing one of the best RB's to play in the state of Louisiana ever I don't care what anybody says, you don't just fill in with someone just as good the next year. There will be a dropoff in production next year for sure. All of the guys in line to play are young and vastly inexperienced. The line will have to help that situation out by playing very solid since it will be very experienced. The D has a lot of young talent which is nice to see and should be one of the Sunbelts best for the next several years.

We are not where Troy is in recruiting so to think we can just reload is not logical at this time. Maybe in two years, we'll be saying something different. _
    I like Walker also but you need to see Marcus Wiltz from Cecillia if you haven't already. I like him more each time I watch him play. I would not be disappointed getting either one.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingMandy View Post
    I thought it interesting last night my hubby and I went to a party here in Katy. Met a young man who plays football at Seven Lakes High School near my home. He was asking about UL and KP as he is being looked at by a couple of schools. He told me his friend was trying so hard to get recruited by UL. Made me quite proud and proves that UL is becoming a recognized name with players as well. Gosh this is a good year.hope the second 1/2 is as positive.
    That's very interesting. Did he say why he wants to come here?

I've posted this before, but if we can get a kid on campus, and offer him, we have an 80% acceptance rate.

When you consider that kids are usually visiting 3 schools, that's a phenomenal number.

11. Default Re: Bustle!!!

Fun when recruiting--I always felt this and I remember your post----where did you get the stats???? BTW--Coach Blanco turned this thing around with many NO Catholic League players---same with Augie----question--What % of UL is Catholic and is it the largest Catholic school in the country???

_ I like Walker also but you need to see Marcus Wiltz from Cecillia if you haven't already. I like him more each time I watch him play. I would not be disappointed getting either one. _

I've heard he is very steady, not very big and is fundamentally sound. I've seen Walker and this guy is amazing. He runs like a 230 pound back and is very put together for his frame. He is also a burner and can run around or through a D. Whoever gets this kid is going to get a steal. He would be a perfect little scat back to run about 10-12 times and take swing passes out of the backfield like Sails did against ASU. Those are the plays he is meant for. Yobes would be the workhorse and Walker could be a very nice complement.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    _ Logical assessment. I don't think the inexperience factor is as critical at RB as it is at QB. But losing Fenroy will be difficult, no matter who steps in. And I think we do have some talent there. I'm not thinking reload, but we should still have a good team next year. _

The inexperience factor is very big when it comes to things like blocking assignments, routes and reads in the zone option. I heard that Yobes redshirted mainly because he wasn't able to adapt really well to many of these things. Once the ball is in their hands, its usually instinct and reaction. The receivers need time to get into a rhthym with their QB whoever that is. This takes time and lots of route running. It just takes time for young skill players on offense to adapt sometimes. I think the 2010 year could be very special. This is the next year that I'm putting a lot of expectations in place. Next year, I will be more curious to see how the talent is developing and seeing how they do after they get some good gametime in Lincoln and Baton Rouge.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Fun when recruiting--I always felt this and I remember your post----where did you get the stats???? BTW--Coach Blanco turned this thing around with many NO Catholic League players---same with Augie----question--What % of UL is Catholic and is it the largest Catholic school in the country???
    One of the coaches told me. although now that I'm thinking about it, it may be 70%?

I forget, I just remember it was very impressive.

The thing that gives us an edge in recruiting is the same thing that causes Lafayette to grow, and lets UL improve rapidly in the face of a miniscule budget: people like it here.

We get better people than our budget or our resources or our history or our recognition would predict.

That's one of the reasons I'm so big on discouraging our fans from being negative, from acting like fans at "big-time" programs. The best thing UL has going for it is the warmth and upbeat attitude of our local culture.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    _ One of the coaches told me. although now that I'm thinking about it, it may be 70%?

I forget, I just remember it was very impressive.

The thing that gives us an edge in recruiting is the same thing that causes Lafayette to grow, and lets UL improve rapidly in the face of a miniscule budget: people like it here.

We get better people than our budget or our resources or our history or our recognition would predict.

That's one of the reasons I'm so big on discouraging our fans from being negative, from acting like fans at "big-time" programs. The best thing UL has going for it is the warmth and upbeat attitude of our local culture. _

This is true. I've got some good friends who are both LSU and UL fans and they would much rather bring their family to a cajun game than Tiger game strictly for the family atmosphere.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information