Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread: Bustle!!!

Default Re: Bustle must go!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    If you are referring to Bustle's contract, that is not necessarily true. He has an extended two years ONLY if he meets certain criteria like getting a winning season and/or winning conference which would probably coincide with one another. If he has a losing season this year, we can fire him without any financial penalty.
    Sweet.

Never thought I'd say that about a coach. Like others have said, I feel bad for the players who play hurt, bleed, and sweat for our entertainment with a sorry-a**ed leader.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ If you are referring to Bustle's contract, that is not necessarily true. He has an extended two years ONLY if he meets certain criteria like getting a winning season and/or winning conference which would probably coincide with one another. If he has a losing season this year, we can fire him without any financial penalty. _
    Here is a copy of the contract. Perhaps I'm an idiot, perhaps it's all the legal jargon, or perhaps both, but after reading through it rather quickly, I still don't have any idea when this guy's job is up. It says he was retained in January 2007 for 61 months, but then says he can't be extended past 2010 or 2011.

Bustle Contract

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    _ Here is a copy of the contract. Perhaps I'm an idiot, perhaps it's all the legal jargon, or perhaps both, but after reading through it rather quickly, I still don't have any idea when this guy's job is up. It says he was retained in January 2007 for 61 months, but then says he can't be extended past 2010 or 2011. _
    To me it sounds like this is the last year on his contract! It makes it seem like his contract ended last year but he was retained for this season.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ To me it sounds like this is the last year on his contract! It makes it seem like his contract ended last year but he was retained for this season. _
    If you say so. :-)

For what it's worth, from what I remember everyone around here talking about at the beginning of last season, he had the 2008 and 2009 seasons remaining on his deal. One of the reasons people were giving for not firing him after last season was that he still had 2 years left on the deal, and we couldn't afford to buy out two years. But, i don't remember anyone every mentioning a 2007 extension.

And speaking of buy-out, note that in the contract that it states that he must make an effort to find another job in D-1 coaching, and if he does, then our obligations are lessened by the amount he is paid in his other job. If he doesn't make that effort, then we can terminate the deal.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Bustle must go!!!

_ Here is a copy of the contract. Perhaps I'm an idiot, perhaps it's all the legal jargon, or perhaps both, but after reading through it rather quickly, I still don't have any idea when this guy's job is up. It says he was retained in January 2007 for 61 months, but then says he can't be extended past 2010 or 2011. _
    That was the original contract signed in 2002. An extension was added a couple of years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim View Post
    Always the athletic department fork out the money, always the wealthy alum fork out the money. If you want Bustle gone, I suggest you fork out a couple of thousand dollars to release him. All I read is let someone the University needs to do it. Hey until we get everyone involved in a RCAF, I can't see spending a couple hundred thousand dollars on something like this. Granted, I am disappointed also, but where are we gonna get that kind of money at this point with all the uncoming improvements to Cajun Field, Baseball, & Softball. You want to jeapordize having those improvement delay so you can fork out a couple $100,00o away. I am still not convinced we are gonna have a bad season. I was at USM, and was disappointed but we have 11 games left.

Geaux Cajuns
    Look Jim I am a former athlete at UL. I have played both football and track here. This is an embarrassment to the university, its alumni, former athletes, supporters as well as Acadiana. You want me to pony up the dough, thats fine, I would in a heartbeat if I had the money to write off like some business' as well as the wealthy families who live in Acadiana. I am not fortunate enough to do so. I do donate my time, effort and sweat to this program anytime I can. I volunteer to help as much as I can.

You want to spend the money on the sports that win? Hell, so do I but that would mean we have to drop football just like Lamar did. We need football to win and win consistantly. In order for us to do that we must pay the going rate, and $196,000 ain't it. The average salary is over $500,000 for NON-BCS schools. The average recruiting budget for football alone is over $600,000 per year on the D1 level. So excuse the ____ out of me when I say we need to go out and pay coaches what they are worth and pony up the money to win.

We are a Mom and Pop school going out of business because we are stuck in the great depression mindset. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. WE PAY FOR ____ SO WE GET STUCK WITH ____!!!!! DEAL WITH IT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ Look Jim I am a former athlete at UL. I have played both football and track here. This is an embarrassment to the university, its alumni, former athletes, supporters as well as Acadiana. You want me to pony up the dough, thats fine, I would in a heartbeat if I had the money to write off like some business' as well as the wealthy families who live in Acadiana. I am not fortunate enough to do so. I do donate my time, effort and sweat to this program anytime I can. I volunteer to help as much as I can.

You want to spend the money on the sports that win? Hell, so do I but that would mean we have to drop football just like Lamar did. We need football to win and win consistantly. In order for us to do that we must pay the going rate, and $196,000 ain't it. The average salary is over $500,000 for NON-BCS schools. The average recruiting budget for football alone is over $600,000 per year on the D1 level. So excuse the ____ out of me when I say we need to go out and pay coaches what they are worth and pony up the money to win.

We are a Mom and Pop school going out of business because we are stuck in the great depression mindset. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. WE PAY FOR ____ SO WE GET STUCK WITH ____!!!!! DEAL WITH IT!!!! _

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _
    We are a Mom and Pop school going out of business because we are stuck in the great depression mindset. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. WE PAY FOR ____ SO WE GET STUCK WITH ____!!!!! DEAL WITH IT!!!! _
    That pretty well sums up where UL is right now. Our new President needs to step up and do things that will change that mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ To me it sounds like this is the last year on his contract! It makes it seem like his contract ended last year but he was retained for this season. _

JP had gone into this sometime back on his chat. This is the last year on the contract. He DOES have 2 years left BUT certain goals must be reached to get those years. First, he must win more than he loses as JP put it to get one extra year in 2009 and he must win a conference championship to get 2 years through 2010. If neither happens we may extend him or fire him without financial penalty. Again, that is what was explained in detail by JP in one of his chats and then again somewhere else. I would email Cajun T or JP for any further confirmation

UL Football Re: Bustle must go!!!

This contract was from Jan. 1, 2002 through Jan 31, 2007.that's the 61 months

1: $150,000/year paid $12,500/month salary plus $35,000/year paid $2,916/month for radio and TV etc.

2: Car, $6,000/year

3: For winning season, 1/12 of No. one above, $15,416 and 12 months extention on contract.

4: For post season bowl game, 1/12 of No. one above, $15,416

5: For bowl win $10,000

6: Conference win 24 months extention

7: If the university terminates they will have to pay $15,416 for every month left on
    contract. Either in lump sum less 6% or in monthly payments. The coach will remain at
    university as an employee at the same rate. If coach refuse the contract is teminated.

8: Should coach terminate the contract and except a position at another university or
    college with 12 months remaining on contract he is to pay this university $100,000
    within 60 days or his exceptance of the new position, whichever comes first.

Now what does the new contract says for 2008????? I will assume that they gave him
    one year to prove that he can win or find a new job.

Note: If he wins Conference, and bowl game he would get $46,248 and and extended contract I would think.

Somehow I think I've confused some people, so here's an update on Bustle's contract:

He got a contract extension after the 2005 season that lasts until Jan. 31, 2011.

He gets an extra year with a winning record.

He gets two extra years by winning the conference title.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Bustle must go!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    _ _
    I think you misunderstood me or my point did not get across. I certainly do not want to drop football or drop to D1-AA. I was trying to get across, all I here from people is the school needs to buy him out or get rich alumni to fork out the money. I certainly don't make that kind of money. I am not considered as having a middle class salary anymore, but I do give and I am ready for a RCAF and am willing to make a $200 + /year committment to get a treasure chest accummulated. The RCAF will happen but offically, WHEN?, I have not heard. This will unite us and if we join like what I hope the membership will become, then we can have slush monies, we can have monies for deserving coach, have living quarters, nicer athletic facilities, and so. I don't like to talk about firing a coach after one game, it looks bad and fuels the fires for the other non-UL believers. they are really enjoying this. On the other hand, without Ragin Pagin where could we vent our frustrations and tell of our excitement. I just hope it gets better so we don't have another nightmare season.

Geaux Cajuns

I have a Question Re: Bustle must go!!!

So anyone still think Bustle must GO????

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAlan View Post
    _ So anyone still think Bustle must GO???? _
    LMAO!!!!! Way to go Alan!!! What a difference 60 days makes.

Z

60 days does make a difference I have posted my offer to eat crow in a separate thread Fior those who wish to do the "I told you so" feel free No one is happier than I with the way things are working out.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information