Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10

Thread: Bustle!!!

Default Re: Bustle!!!

Quote Originally Posted by trd1282 View Post
    _ Alright then, you can have Bustle, because he apparently makes some people here feel like real fans.
    I was in Troy this weekend and I know what I saw, and I will be there for Middle Tennessee. I just do not understand your apathy towards the situation, did you see what I saw on Saturday? Where you there? Putting the 3rd string QB in after the third quarter in what was pretty much a conference championship. Come on, I don't care if you are losing, you don't do that to seniors!
    Please make an effort to understand our frustration. _
    I think Bustle was grasping for straws at that point. He had his machine going but then *DANG* there were a lot of injuries. Not a defense of him but hey I know he doesn't want to lose the games. The kids were thinking they could win when it was 31-3. They wanted it but they were out of ammo. I'm surprised Fenroy isn't dead. Troy made damn sure he was stopped and really we didn't have much left to throw at them. Mike poured his heart out there the problem was the heart but his knees.

The defense was horrible. Perhaps it was also due to injuries but we couldn't stop them right up the gut! That is the most basic play in football.

UL Football Re: Bustle!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ SAL View Post
    _ Look everyone is frustrated, but the things yall are writing are rediculous. Have we been a winning team ever? Come on, yall are acting like we win all the time. We are all going to see who the real Cajun fans are on Dec. 3! Every body is already off the band wagon, but that goes to show you what type of fans we are! Maybe we need NEW fans! _

We haven't ever won, therefore why should we expect to won, right? That is ridiculous and it's that mentality that gets us no where. Don't question anyone's loyalty just because we're fed up with losing. I'm a season ticket holder and I will always support the Cajuns. But enough is enough. YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME. We need to start expecting more from our coaching staff, players, administration, etc. I do not believe lack of fan support is the problem. Am I alone on this?

No, you are not alone in this. I am a season ticket holder as well. It is time we start competing in our own conference. (One of the worst conferences in college football) I know we have won some conference games this season, but 48-3 is not competing. While no one expects us to win every game, we should be at the point where we finish close to the top of our conference every year.

Quote Originally Posted by RAGINCAJUN98 View Post
    _ No, you are not alone in this. I am a season ticket holder as well. It is time we start competing in our own conference. (One of the worst conferences in college football) I know we have won some conference games this season, but 48-3 is not competing. While no one expects us to win every game, we should be at the point where we finish close to the top of our conference every year. _
    Dude we are 4-2 in our own conference. Is that no competing? Troy was picked to be in the running for the title all year long. Where were we picked to finish? thats right, just ahead of UNT and tied with FIU. 6th or 7th in the preseason and we will likely end up finishing tied for 2nd or 3rd, but I guess thats not competing in your book. We destroyed UNT, ULM and FIU and did not show up against FAU or Troy. If we beat MT on Wed then you and all your we suck buddies are going to be cheering again because we will be bowl eligible despite losing 10 guys who were on the 2 deep chart for the year. the year.

All of my "we suck" buddies, myself included, were at the ULM game. We did not "destroy" them by any means. The way I saw it, we almost handed them the game in the end. If not for Fenroy's awesome game, we probably would have lost. All I am saying is that we should consistently be at the top of our conference. Oh, and win or lose, all of my buddies will be there on Dec. 3 cheering

Quote Originally Posted by trd1282 View Post
    _ Alright then, you can have Bustle, because he apparently makes some people here feel like real fans.
    I was in Troy this weekend and I know what I saw, and I will be there for Middle Tennessee. I just do not understand your apathy towards the situation, did you see what I saw on Saturday? Where you there? Putting the 3rd string QB in after the third quarter in what was pretty much a conference championship. Come on, I don't care if you are losing, you don't do that to seniors!
    Please make an effort to understand our frustration. _

then you are the minority as of late because many here have been calling for the likes of McGuire and Masson(yes, even the third string freshman) to see some more PT because as they say " what will it hurt?". I agree with you but you constantly have to answer why Bustle would leave Des in rather than "try" the freshmen.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ then you are the minority as of late because many here have been calling for the likes of McGuire and Masson(yes, even the third string freshman) to see some more PT because as they say " what will it hurt?". I agree with you but you constantly have to answer why Bustle would leave Des in rather than "try" the freshmen. _
    So that we don't look like a bunch of quitters.

UL Football Re: Bustle!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ SAL View Post
    _ Look everyone is frustrated, but the things yall are writing are rediculous. Have we been a winning team ever? Come on, yall are acting like we win all the time. We are all going to see who the real Cajun fans are on Dec. 3! Every body is already off the band wagon, but that goes to show you what type of fans we are! Maybe we need NEW fans! _
    When I came back from Nam in 70, we went to Grantland Rice Bowl, our only bowl and a winning season. 4 years later, we lost all our games and fired Russ.

You think that didn't hurt us students, players and those close to the program.

Yes, Rickey has not always made the right choses, but where would we have been if we kept Baldwin? Where would we be this year if we hadn't had all the injuries.

For now, they need all our support. Lets win Wed. possible go to a bowl and if the chance happens, play the players who will lead us next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger74 View Post
    _ When I came back from Nam in 70, we went to Grantland Rice Bowl, our only bowl and a winning season. 4 years later, we lost all our games and fired Russ.

You think that didn't hurt us students, players and those close to the program.

Yes, Rickey has not always made the right choses, but where would we have been if we kept Baldwin? Where would we be this year if we hadn't had all the injuries.

For now, they need all our support. Lets win Wed. possible go to a bowl and if the chance happens, play the players who will lead us next year. _
    Thank you for your service to our country. At some point you do need to fire people. I do believe however the first change has to come from the president and that is to get serious about football. Without that you can put Ditka, Bear Bryant etc. as the head coach and it will not matter. We need Dr. Savoie to come out and say football is a top priority and then start to get the funding we need.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    _ I think Bustle was grasping for straws at that point.
    I dont think Bustle was "grasping for straws". Des was our only offense that night. Then all of a sudden he is out the game for a freshman that was not "prepared" enough to play in a game that meant nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun08 View Post
    _ I dont think Bustle was "grasping for straws". Des was our only offense that night. Then all of a sudden he is out the game for a freshman that was not "prepared" enough to play in a game that meant nothing. _
    I remember seeing Masson in the game but at that time it was a lost cause. So your premise that Bustle wasn't grasping at straws is correct. I think he was just giving some kids time to play at that point. You really can't blame Bustle for all the injuries. You can blame him for not having a plan B,C, or D. Perhaps he has all these plans just not for such a massive melt down. People have noted that he is under contract till 2011. If that is true then it doesn't matter and who knows maybe he will get it together soon. He had us looking like supermen but injuries and just perhaps the other teams catching on stopped us in on tracks. Our offense was not hard to figure out. It was either Des or Fenroy that would end up with the ball and Chery on occasion. Oh well they gave us some fun in November. I wish the seniors well.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10

Thread Information