Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Baseball Rankings - 4/7

Default Re: Baseball Rankings - 4/7

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    That 8 run 8th Troy had should make by one go hummmmmn
    Every team has a bullpen meltdown from time to time. This team still won the game. That makes me more confident.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Every team has a bullpen meltdown from time to time. This team still won the game. That makes me more confident.
    And came back 30 minutes later and dominated again. That bad inning was an anomaly.

andlet's not forget that Robi did not pitch this weekend.

USA Today out Cajuns up two spots to #3

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle.-usat/2013/17/

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbuf View Post
    andlet's not forget that Robi did not pitch this weekend.
    The fact we are winning while missing two starters is good, but we are still missing two starters, which is concerning. Coaches are generally famous for discounting injury status. Until they are back throwing strikes, then they are not back.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    I agree . you could see his curve ball (attempt) on tv . not much break at all, so they are sitting on his fast ball and he couldn't locate it . Robe was staying with him longer than he would normally just because of the second game and shortage of pitchers and the big lead.
    You may have not been able to tell on the screen,,but the mound was higher than ours. Some guys had trouble finding the release point. Matt had trouble with it from the start-- that is all it was. Bazar had some trouble also but threw a little harder and downhill so he was hard to hit. Others could not find a good release point and left the ball up-- thus balls flying out of the park.

No need to panic

Quote Originally Posted by laf1049 View Post
    You may have not been able to tell on the screen,,but the mound was higher than ours. Some guys had trouble finding the release point. Matt had trouble with it from the start-- that is all it was. Bazar had some trouble also but threw a little harder and downhill so he was hard to hit. Others could not find a good release point and left the ball up-- thus balls flying out of the park.

No need to panic
    Thought the mound height was regulated?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Thought the mound height was regulated?
    True, what can change is the slope.

It was noticably higher and the bullpen mound was lower-- so the longer you threw over there, the more it hurt you.
    Some take longer to adjust

10. Default Re: Baseball Rankings - 4/7

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    That 8 run 8th Troy had should make by one go hummmmmn
    I agree but in a tight game Robe would have stopped the bleeding as soon as the number got crooked.

it got ugly pretty quick--

Looked it up in the NCAA rulebook (excerpt below).

Pitcher's Mound
    SECTION 9
    a. The top of the pitcher's rubber must be 10 inches above the top surface of home plate. The 10-inch height can be measured easily by the use of a line level. There should be a gradual slope of 1 inch per foot from a point 6 inches in front of the pitcher's rubber to a point 6 feet toward home plate. From this point, the mound should slope and blend into the grade of the rest of the playing surface.
    b. The top of the pitcher's mound should be level with the top of the pitcher's rubber, extending from the point 6 inches in front of the pitcher's rubber to 22 inches behind the pitcher's rubber and 18 inches from each end of the pitcher's rubber. This gives a level area 5 feet wide and 34 inches deep that includes the 6-inch width of the pitcher's rubber.
    c. Maintenance of the pitching mound, before and during games, should be the responsibility of the home management. Unburnt brick clay, plastic blue or gray clay mixed with some of the existing soil is recommended for reconditioning worn out spots. It is recommended that the home management provide foul weather covers for the home-plate and mound areas.
    d. Portable pitcher's mounds are legal. Both teams must agree on their use before the visitors arrive at the game site

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    The fact we are winning while missing two starters is good, but we are still missing two starters, which is concerning. Coaches are generally famous for discounting injury status. Until they are back throwing strikes, then they are not back.
    Robe has explained that he has the luxury & is using that luxury not to overpitch his ace guys right now. This means in the blessed months of May & June when champions are crowned, that the rest of the baseball world will have worn their horses out trying to keep up with us. I don't blame you for concern, but this is a blessing very few teams get to enjoy which will make UL-L doubly dangerous come tournament time. I'm the one who should be concerned. I'm starting to sweat bullets seeing myself having to cut Robe a check at the end for ten thousand bucks. I'd almost trade my concern for yours right about now.

So, back to the polls.

USA Today updated

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Looked it up in the NCAA rulebook (excerpt below).

Pitcher's Mound
    SECTION 9
    a. The top of the pitcher's rubber must be 10 inches above the top surface of home plate. The 10-inch height can be measured easily by the use of a line level. There should be a gradual slope of 1 inch per foot from a point 6 inches in front of the pitcher's rubber to a point 6 feet toward home plate. From this point, the mound should slope and blend into the grade of the rest of the playing surface.
    b. The top of the pitcher's mound should be level with the top of the pitcher's rubber, extending from the point 6 inches in front of the pitcher's rubber to 22 inches behind the pitcher's rubber and 18 inches from each end of the pitcher's rubber. This gives a level area 5 feet wide and 34 inches deep that includes the 6-inch width of the pitcher's rubber.
    c. Maintenance of the pitching mound, before and during games, should be the responsibility of the home management. Unburnt brick clay, plastic blue or gray clay mixed with some of the existing soil is recommended for reconditioning worn out spots. It is recommended that the home management provide foul weather covers for the home-plate and mound areas.
    d. Portable pitcher's mounds are legal. Both teams must agree on their use before the visitors arrive at the game site
    Most sunbelt umpires don't know a strike vs a ball. You think they check the mound to make sure it's regulation? I have no idea if it was or not and don't care. Now if the bullpen and actual mound are different heights on purpose, that's another story. I trust our coaching staff would have brought that to the umpires though.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information