Thread: Cajuns' next goal: Tackle complacency

1. Default Cajuns' next goal: Tackle complacency

UL — After ending a decade and a half of frustration and struggle, the Louisiana football team faces a new challenge, one the Ragin' Cajuns brought on themselves. Three straight 9-4 seasons have created the mentality that a winning .

Default Re: Cajuns' next goal: Tackle complacency

Complacency is never an issue with a team that sees itself as champions. I doubt very highly if complacency is a word that is even allowed to be mentioned by a Hudspeth coached group.

What I don't get is that folks act like talking about champioships & national titles & rankings should be taboo & off limits for this program & it's fans. But it's ok to talk about having to overcome crap like complacency & mental laziness all day long, as if it makes one a better more focused person. I don't get it.

3. UL Football Re: Cajuns' next goal: Tackle complacency

Don't get a fat head is not the same thing as talking about championships but could lead to complancacy. Coaches like to focus on the processes, fundamentals, and if you take care of those then the winning usually takes care of itself, because the opponent usually does not. When you get two such individuals, or teams going head to head, that brings in great match ups.

Cajunjeb is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Fans have expectations and we have executions about what the team's expectations should be. But, the only expectations that really matter are the team's expectations.

Goals should be achievable and should stretch the limits. They shouldn't be layups. I love what Jamal said. Undefeated, win conference outright and win bowl. I see only one as a stretch, but it's achievable. That's the undefeated goal.

5. Ragin' Cajuns Re: Cajuns' next goal: Tackle complacency

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Don't get a fat head is not the same thing as talking about championships but could lead to complancacy. Coaches like to focus on the processes, fundamentals, and if you take care of those then the winning usually takes care of itself, because the opponent usually does not. When you get two such individuals, or teams going head to head, that brings in great match ups.
    When I saw this title, I though it was about UL getting rid of some of the dead wood it still has at this University. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Lafitte the Pirate View Post
    When I saw this title, I though it was about UL getting rid of some of the dead wood it still has at this University. LOL
    .or the Cajuns are complacent with tackling.

I think the complacency from last year was in the middle of the field on defense

Quote Originally Posted by RaginAsian View Post
    I think the complacency from last year was in the middle of the field on defense
    Not sure if I understand what you mean. The middle of the field on D, to me, is the middle LB. Are you saying Anderson was complacent?

talking about the passes up the middle killing us last year on defense! Sorry about the miscommunication there Jeb

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

We weren't complacent last year. We've never been complacent under Hudspeth. We just over-reacted to having an inexperienced secondary and we orchestrated an awful defensive scheme for the majority of the year. The good news is. we can run the worst defensive scheme in college football and still whip some butt. I think we'll run a more logical football defense this coming year by doing just about anything other than what we did last year. and with the talent we have on both sides of the ball. and on special teams. we're going to be Hudspeth's best program yet. Our offense, kept healthy, cannot be stopped.

talking about the passes up the middle killing us last year on defense! Sorry about the miscommunication there Jeb
    Cool

12. Default Re: Cajuns' next goal: Tackle complacency

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunjeb View Post
    Cool
    -----We hurt big time W/O B Way!!!

Thanks for the insightful post! Do you have anymore where that came from??

It wasn't complacency, it was lack of talent in some spots, young talent in others, & not enough cohesion between the different defensive units from what I saw. But the biggest problem was losing our QB the last two games of the season. There's no doubt Justin Anderson played not only up to every little scentilla of his ability, he played way the hell bigger & better than he was, not saying anything against him. But our D. line, linebacking, & especially our DBs didn't always play well together, & I was very disappointed that Tyren ALexander didin't get on the field more. If I have a problem with this DC it is because I don't think he has put his best players in the position to be successful enough & that's getting the right combination of players on the field together & getting guys like Alexander on the field more. if he couldn't see who his best athletes were & get them on the field playing together then he needs to reevaluate what his schemes are. Because schemes should be made for players, not the other way around, especially on defense where talent, speed, & attitude trump everything else.That's my two cents for the night & I'm sorry if i upset anyone's applde cart. But we could have played a hell of a lot better overall defensively with the talent we do have. We just need to make sure the best players are getting on the field, especially in crucial situations. And I'm looking forward to much better play out of our DB core.

And here I thought "complacency" was referring to membership in the sun belt.

Thread Information