Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Book CC Track & Field 2008-09

1. Track & Field The Book CC Track & Field 2008-09

Charlie Mahfouz, named the new Cajun track coach in June, recently announced his signees for the upcoming season, including 11 local athletes.

Six are throwers - Donny Broussard (Lafayette), Chris Comeaux (Opelousas), Phil Leger (South La Fourche), Sabrina George (Teurlings Catholic), Kirsten Meche (Iota) and Claire Walley (Teurlings Catholic).

The Cajuns added four distance runners in Jacob Delahoussaye (Lafayette), Jaron Ortego (Walker), Stuart Theriot (South Terrebone) and Torri Choate (Kaplan) and two sprinters from Texas in Kelvan Turner (Dallas Skyline) and Breshard Woodard (Freeport Brazoswood).

Neal Hebert (Beau Chene) and Rachel Brossard (Westminster) both compete in the pole vault. April Colomb (Carencro) does hurdles. Sara Milam (Westminster) is a sprinter and hurdler.

"We feel that this recruiting class will be the foundation of rebuilding the championship tradition athletically and academically here," Mahfouz said.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • August 29, 2008

Default Coach Mahfouz

New article up for ultoday.com.

For all of you whiners, who think you know more than the coaches, and who think we should fire coaches and administrators every time we lose a game, note his comments well.

And then remember, he's actually accomplished something in athletics.

Default Re: Coach Mahfouz

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    _ New article up for ultoday.com.

For all of you whiners, who think you know more than the coaches, and who think we should fire coaches and administrators every time we lose a game, note his comments well.

Great article. Loved his energy and passion. Your comments are not as inspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Great article. Loved his energy and passion. Your comments are not as inspiring.
    You, on the other hand, are an exemplar of everything we hope that our student athletes accomplish in their careers at UL, and in their lives: optimism, teamwork, courage in the face of adversity, and a "never-say-die" outlook.

I know that when I'm feeling down about UL, all I need do is read MetryCajun's comments, and my faith in my University will be restored.

You are the finest example of a fan that a person could hope for.

You and RCajun90, that is.

MetryCajuns' Predictions:

Illinois 56
    UL 20

LOL.
    That prediction was not too good. For that matter neither was my 31-21 USM prediction. In fairness to me I did predict the correct winner in both games! I'll have you note I am predicting a UL win this week.

Fun, there is nothing wrong with me predicting a win or a loss. It has ZERO impact on the game or the stature of the university. Even if I spent the next two weeks bashing the Cajuns the only person that would suffer would be me.
    For the record since the Stokley years I have overestimated the number of wins in football every year except 2005. In Lee's first year I thought they could get to the Sweet 16. I was positive we would take 1 of 2 from TAMU in baseball. In my book that puts me as an optimist. Sorry if I come across as negative sometimes, but I am tired of seeing us lose and then hear people like you say it is OK.

I reread the prediction thread.
    Looks like we have a lot of bad fans on this board.
    Even NOCAJUN predicted an Illinois blowout.

7. Default Re: Coach Mahfouz

_ New article up for ultoday.com.

_
    great article Fun--He is the kinda guy you like to be around. I was glad he mentioned the NO catholic district ---HOW can we loose any kid from there to anybody else but LSU and Tulane???? You can read his positiveness and energy in his comments!!!!

_ You, on the other hand, are an exemplar of everything we hope that our student athletes accomplish in their careers at UL, and in their lives: optimism, teamwork, courage in the face of adversity, and a "never-say-die" outlook.

I know that when I'm feeling down about UL, all I need do is read MetryCajun's comments, and my faith in my University will be restored.

You are the finest example of a fan that a person could hope for.

You and RCajun90, that is.

MetryCajuns' Predictions:

Illinois 56
    UL 20 _
    don't feel alone; mid-september is a bad time for hemmorhoids in lots of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonsissymia View Post
    don't feel alone; mid-september is a bad time for hemmorhoids in lots of people.
    It's September and we have you, don't we?

Good work like always CajunFun. You are doing something special and I dont know about others, but I appreciate all the work you put into your site.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    Good work like always CajunFun. You are doing something special and I dont know about others, but I appreciate all the work you put into your site.
    Thanks, dude.

12. Default Ragin' Cajuns finish 24th at Aurburn

Fast pace results in season best for every UL finisher.

AUBURN, Ala. – Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns men’s cross country team competed in a field of 24 teams Saturday in the 8K Mel Rosen Orange Race here in the Auburn Tiger Invitational at Indian Pines Golf Course.

While the team didn’t finish near the top of the standings, every runner who finished the race posted his season-best time in the 8K.

A total of 213 runners took part in the race giving the Cajuns a lot to contend with.

Reese Lee topped the UL contingent with a time of 26:36.48, besting his previous season best by 50 seconds and recording the third-fastest 8K time by a Cajuns runner this season. Lee finished 157th.

Joby Gisclair saw an improvement of over one minute on his season-best. Gisclair completed the race in 27:08.36 (season-high entering was 28:25.69).

Jacob Delahoussaye competed in his first race of the 2008 season. He logged a time of 28:08.49.

Also beating his season-best by a little over one minute was Geoffrey Godeau who clocked in at 28:11.79.

Two runners, freshman Alex Breaux and Jaron Ortego, did not complete the race.

As a team, Louisiana finished 24th with 689 points.

RaginCajuns.com

13. Default Lady Cajuns 2nd as Parker Wins Centenary Invitational

Lady Cajuns 2nd as Parker Wins Centenary Invitational

SHREVEPORT – Paula Parker claimed the individual title and Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns women’s cross country team had three runners in the Top 10 here Saturday in the Centenary Invitational.

Parker’s title is the first for the Cajuns this season. She completed the 6K course in 25:09. She bested Louisiana Tech’s Chelsea Dressel by 11 seconds for the crown.

Ashley Faulk timed in at 25:35 for a third place finish and Torri Choate clocked in at 26:46 for a seventh place finish. It was a season-high three Cajuns runners in the Top 10 and the second meet of the season with at least two (Parker and Faulk were in Top 10 at ULM Warhawk Invitational).

Adrienne Carriere and Colby Martin were separated by four seconds. Carriere ended the 6K run in 28:50 and finished 19th while Martin’s time of 28:54 was good for 20th place.

Louisiana turned in a second place finish as a team, tallying 50 points. The Cajuns were four points shy of the team crown which went to the hosts who tallied 46 points.

The Ragin’ Cajuns are off next weekend and return to action on Saturday, Oct. 18 as they participate in the Chile Pepper Festival

RaginCajuns.com

Default XC-Chile Pepper @ Fayetteville,AR 10/18/08

CHILE PEPPER X-COUNTRY- 2008
    MEN'S COLLEGIATE TEAM RESULTS/RANKINGS
    30 Teams Scoring
    FAYETTEVILLE, AR 10/18/2008

Pl. Pts. Team
    4 122 VIRGINIA TECH
    5 150 REND LAKE COLLEGE
    6 228 TEXAS TECH
    7 248 LSU
    8 254 TEXAS A&M – CORPUS CHRISTI
    9 272 ORAL ROBERTS UNIV.
    10 321 LOYOLA MARYMOUNT
    11 324 BAYLOR
    12 354 LOUISIANA TECH
    13 366 UNIV. OF SAN FRANCISCO
    14 405 EAST CENTRAL
    15 418 TEXAS AT ARLINGTON
    16 451 TCU
    17 467 NEBRASKA
    18 507 TEXAS AT TYLER
    19 519 SOUTH DAKOTA
    20 552 TRINITY
    21 607 MISSOURI – KANSAS CITY
    22 647 CAMERON UNIVERSITY
    23 656 ******LOUISIANA *******
    24 685 ARKANSAS STATE
    25 712 CLOUD COMM. COLLEGE
    26 730 INDIANA-PURDUE FORT WAYNE
    27 758 BAKER UNIVERSITY
    28 820 CENTENARY
    29 868 COFFEYVILLE COMM. COLLEGE
    30 894 ALLEN COMMUNITY COLLEGE

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: XC-Chile Pepper @ Fayetteville,AR 10/18/08

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information