Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: The Book CC Track & Field 2008-09

Default Re: NCAA Track & Field - Louisiana Teams

WOW how far have we fallen!!!

We have not fallen. We have been in this spot for the past four to five years.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDawgPound View Post
    _ We have not fallen. We have been in this spot for the past four to five years. _

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDawgPound View Post
    _ We have not fallen. We have been in this spot for the past four to five years. _
    I believe Cajunfreak is referencing the period from about 1988(89) to 98

Track & Field 2009 Cajun Track Results

SUN BELT TRACK & FIELD
    POINTS MEN & WOMEN

1--- Western Kentucky ----314
    2--- Middle Tennessee ----238.6
    3--- UL Monroe ----211.2
    4--- North Texas ----188.5
    5--- Arkansas State ----154.5
    6--- Florida International---- 136.6
    7--- Troy---- 130.6
    8--- Arkansas Little Rock--- 87
    9--- South Alabama--- 77
    10-- UL--- 70
    11-- Florida Atlantic Women Only)--- 29

6. Track & Field Chase Menard to run for Ragin’ Cajuns

HOUMA — For all the running Chase Menard has done in the area, it was two six-day running camps on the Northshore that helped him reach his full potential.

Menard, a recent South Terrebonne graduate, said attending the camps held in Covington over the last two summers helped him flourish as a runner.

Now he will join the University of Louisiana at Lafayette cross country and track and field teams in the fall.

“I went from being one of the slower guys on the team my freshman year to the top guy on the team my senior year,” Menard said. “I followed all the training from the camp, and I got to where I needed to be.”

Menard said the camp featured some of the top distance runners not only from Louisiana, but from neighboring states as well.

The rest of the story

Kelly McElroy
    Staff Writer

7. Default UL Track Heads to NCAA Regionals

UL - Five members of the Ragin? Cajuns track and field team are set to head Louisville, Kentucky Friday, May 29 and Saturday, May 30 to compete in the NCAA Mid East Regionals. The Cajuns will look to compete well enough to qualify for the NCAA Championships June 10-13 in Fayetteville, Arkansas.

Sophomore Chris Roy has headlined the track team?s performance this season by winning the pole vault in every meet this season so far. His best vault so far this season is 5.25m which ranks just outside the Top-20 in the nation.

The other four Cajuns who have qualified for the meet were Antwain Keyes, Roderick Houston, Taryn Simmons and Jasmine Manuel.

Two of the athletes qualified in field events; Roy, Keyes and Manuel. Houston and Simmons qualified in track events both being in hurdles.

The meet will start at 11 a.m. on Friday and continue on Saturday. Once results are final they will be released on ragincajuns.com.

UL SI

Default Re: UL Track Heads to NCAA Regionals

Can anyone elaborate on these results. Does this mean Roy has qualified? Howdo two people with the same height finish with different standings? These are the midwest regional results

POLE VAULT 1. Eric Sparks, Purdue, 17-7; 2. Andrew Zollner, Illinois, 17-3; 3. Brian Hancock, Missouri, 16-11; 3. Mickey DeFilippo, Wisconsin, 16-11; 5. Matt Schipper, Notre Dame, 16-11; 6. Kevin Schipper, Notre Dame, 16-11; 7. Christopher Roy, Louisiana-Lafayette, 16-11; 7. Jeremy Willis, Arkansas State, 16-11

Default Re: UL Track Heads to NCAA Regionals

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_civil View Post
    _ Can anyone elaborate on these results. Does this mean Roy has qualified? Howdo two people with the same height finish with different standings? These are the midwest regional results

POLE VAULT 1. Eric Sparks, Purdue, 17-7; 2. Andrew Zollner, Illinois, 17-3; 3. Brian Hancock, Missouri, 16-11; 3. Mickey DeFilippo, Wisconsin, 16-11; 5. Matt Schipper, Notre Dame, 16-11; 6. Kevin Schipper, Notre Dame, 16-11; 7. Christopher Roy, Louisiana-Lafayette, 16-11; 7. Jeremy Willis, Arkansas State, 16-11 _
    Roy lost the jump-off for the automatic bid, but is waiting to see what the NCAA qualifying height will be and could still make it as an at-large.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article...s++at+regional

10. Track & Field Sonic Boom Trainee Sean Ruth

Former Brother Martin sprinter Sean Ruth (6'4-188) is on track scholarship at UL. He runs the 200 and 400 meters along with the 4 X 100 relay. His 4.27 forty has turned heads, and now football maybe in his future at UL.

"I started with Wyatt when I was 15-16 years old. It was 7 days a week. He was like my 2nd dad. He opened up a whole new understanding of track," Ruth said. "He's there to really push me. I was with him 3 hours a day after football (at Brother Martin), sometimes until 9 o' clock at night. He knows more about what he's doing than anyone else. He's there to help you and teach you."

The rest of the story

Default Re: Sonic Boom Trainee Sean Ruth considering UL football.

4.27???? Hmmmmm. Trinden Holiday at LSU who doesn't run that fast and he's a 10.01 world class sprinter. I looked up the results of the conference meet and Ruth ran 22.01 and 48.89 in the 200 and 400 and didn't make it to finals in either. If there's a 4.27 40 in the mix, something is not right. No disrespect to Ruth, but he is no Triden Holiday. Hmmmm I wonder who/what timed these guys. Coach Mafouz, you got a photo timer for a REALLY accurate time?????

Default Re: Sonic Boom Trainee Sean Ruth considering UL football.

Quote Originally Posted by GetTheFacts1st View Post
    _ 4.27???? Hmmmmm. Trinden Holiday at LSU who doesn't run that fast and he's a 10.01 world class sprinter. I looked up the results of the conference meet and Ruth ran 22.01 and 48.89 in the 200 and 400 and didn't make it to finals in either. If there's a 4.27 40 in the mix, something is not right. No disrespect to Ruth, but he is no Triden Holiday. Hmmmm I wonder who/what timed these guys. Coach Mafouz, you got a photo timer for a REALLY accurate time????? _
    Things have changed, he will not be playing football at UL.

UL Football Re: Sonic Boom Trainee Sean Ruth considering UL football.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    _ Things have changed, he will not be playing football at UL. _
    What is this statement supposed to mean other than he is not playing football? Is is due to coaches, Ruth, school, what? Don't put the sanwhich in your mouth then not chew it!

Default Re: Sonic Boom Trainee Sean Ruth

4.27 forty? That is unreal. IF he can catch the ball, put him on the field ASAP.

15. Track & Field UL and LSU track athletes facing similar charges

Jaron Ortego, a member of UL's track and field and cross country teams, has been suspended indefinitely after getting arrested earlier in the week following an apparent burglary.

Ortego, a native of Walker, La., recently completed his freshman season with the Ragin' Cajuns and competed in the 800- and 1,500-meter runs.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • June 13, 2009

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information