34 965 SW OKLAHOMA STATE
    35 1045 TEXAS AT TYLER
    36 1057 ***** L O U I S I A N A ******
    37 1120 BAKER UNIVERSITY
    38 1121 CENTENARY
    39 1154 CLOUD COMM. COLLEGE

Default Re: XC-Chile Pepper @ Fayetteville,AR 10/18/08

All is lost!
    Disband the program. BTW, I have no idea what we lost.

Also, I think Baker University and Cloud CC should fire their coach.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ Also, I think Baker University and Cloud CC should fire their coaches. _
    According to what's been aring all morning on CNN, ESPN, CBS, FOX, ABC, BET, NBC, CNBC, AOC, TRU Channel, KLAF Sports, the BBC and Provda, they probably have.

I'll post the official story when Reuters or AP get it over the wire.

Looks like we beat Arkansas St. again in another close one. Not the Red Wolves weekend!

6. Endurance Training Courageous Runner crawls to finish

OPELOUSAS - Meghan Curley has enough determination to help her accomplish big things in her life.

At the parish cross country meet earlier this month, Curley collapsed 20 yards away from the finish line. She was in first place with a two minute lead, but suddenly her body shut down and she fell onto the track. Instead of giving up, Curley crawled her way to the finish line and completed the race.

Opelousas Catholic runner Curley was on pace to run the three-mile race the fastest she has all season at 19 minutes. She said she felt fine the whole race until the last 400 yards. She became tired and her legs started feeling weak.

The rest of the story

By Chrissy Smith • csmith@dailyworld.com • November 30, 2008

Default Re: Courageous Runner crawls to finish

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    _ _
    Wow, love that determination! Too bad she wasn't able to go on to state. That's the kind of athlete I'd like to see at UL. I hope she comes here. Best of luck to her for the rest of the year.

8. Ragin' Cajuns Re: Courageous Runner crawls to finish

This chick is bad_____.

"ULM and UL.L have contacted me and I'm leaning towards UL, but I haven't signed anything yet," the 17-year-old Curley said.

That line cracked me up. I guess she knows who the real UL is.

9. Track & Field Louisiana Ready for Cowboy Indoor Invite

Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns and Lady Cajuns track teams starts competition Friday, when they travel to Lake Charles, to compete in the Cowboy Indoor Invite. The meet will be the first of the season for both the men and women. The meet kicks off at 3 p.m. on Friday.

This will be the first meet for Charlie Mahfouz as the new track and field coach at UL. Mahfouz takes over after serving as an assistant last season. Mahfouz has an impressive coaching resume; his accomplishments include winning multiple state track titles, coaching individual state champions, and a High School All-American.

The Cowboy Indoor Invite will include schools from three different states including Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana. Competing schools consist of McNeese State, Grambling, Alcorn State, Southern Miss. and South Alabama.

This year’s Cajuns track team is young but anxious to begin competition. Assistant Coach Paula Ogunbanjo had this to say about the upcoming meet; “We are ready to begin the 2009 track season, the team has been working hard and is ready to show the UL community that Ragin’ Cajuns track is on its way back.”

Following the Cowboy Invite Louisiana will compete in Purple Tiger Classic Friday,

RaginCajuns.com

Attached Images Attached Images  

10. Track & Field UL Takes First in Five Events

Lake Charles, La.- Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns track and field team performed well in their first indoor meet of the 2009 season. The Cajuns brought back five first place finishes at the Cowboy Indoor Invite. UL took home first in the men’s pole vault, men’s high jump, women’s distance medley, women’s 55 meter hurdles and men’s 55 meter hurdles.

Chris Roy took home first place in the men’s pole vault with a winning mark of 5.15 meters. Atwain Keyes took home first place in the men’s high jump by clearing the bar at 2 meters. Louis Stevens was the third man to take home first place when he won the 55 meter hurdles with a time of 7.79 seconds.

The women took home the distance medley title with a time of 13:16.01. Making up the team for the Cajuns were Ashley Faulk, Paula Parker, Lina Futi and Constance Robinson. Jasmine Anderson won first place in the 55 meter hurdles with a time of 8.46 seconds.

The men’s distance medley team took second place with a time of 11:02.40. Reese Lee, Cory Richard, Stuart Theriot and Jaron Ortego made up the relay team. Kelvan Turner took second place in the men’s 55 meter dash with a time of 6.63 seconds.

The Cajuns will be back in action Friday, January 23, when they travel to Baton Rouge to compete in the Purple Tiger Classic hosted by LSU.

RaginCajuns.com

Default Re: UL Takes First in Five Events

This is good, nice to see track moving forward

Quote Originally Posted by ulforlife View Post
    _ This is good, nice to see track moving forward _
    Not really moving forward.... these 1st places would not have placed in the top 10 at the LSU High School meet last week. Just a sport to keep football at D1.

Quote Originally Posted by GetTheFacts1st View Post
    _ Not really moving forward.... these 1st places would not have placed in the top 10 at the LSU High School meet last week. Just a sport to keep football at D1. _
    Any fool can find the negative, if you knew how far this program had fallen you would be shouting from the roof tops that five firsts in any meet was moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Turner View Post
    _ Any fool can find the negative, if you knew how far this program had fallen you would be shouting from the roof tops that five firsts in any meet was moving forward. _
    How can you say it is moving forward by competing at McNeese (where they don't freakin let you wear track shoes) and which does NOTHING for our athletes' confidence -- over Houston, where BONAFIDE competition was occuring? ANYONE can get 5 firsts when NO ONE WORTH A FLIP TO COMPETE AGAINST is there. And how is a SELF-IMPOSED, PERMANENT reduction in mens scholarships (within the last REBUILDING YEAR) and hiring a coach without ANY, I REPEAT ---A N Y --- college experience moving forward? That helps it in any way to come up out of the doldrums? A former coach who helped them to the dominance they once enjoyed in the 90's -- also one of the best coaches in the WORLD was shunned by not even acknowledging his resume last year and they hire someone with NO COLLEGE expereince instead? THAT is moving forward? I dare say that medicocre HS perfromances dispayed over the weekend and voluntarily cutting our own scholarships is NOT moving this or any other collegiate program forward. If basketball or football played the Louisiana School for The Deaf, and voluntarily dropped scholarships along the way, I think more than me would be calling a spade a spade, like I am. 1st they hire a bonafide whacko track coach without due diligence, keep him for a year, find the gonads to run him off, and then this? My friend, nothing is about to change with this sport, or womens basketall, or even the big two. Mens and womens BB have inexpereinced HS coaches as well, and look where THEY are! Just rock on and take the mediocre products with good guys at the helm and don't say ANYTHING? Do you see what is going on here? It's called MORE OF THE CRAPOLA SAME and by your post to me, you obviously condone it.

Quote Originally Posted by Turner View Post
    Any fool can find the negative,.......
    It's getting to where that's about all there is on this forum - no matter what sport or what day of the week.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information