Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Opponents view: Red hot Ragin' Cajuns bring lofty ranking to Troy this weekend

1. Default Opponents view: Red hot Ragin' Cajuns bring lofty ranking to Troy this weekend

It doesn't matter which college baseball poll you want to use. The end result is UL is one of the best teams in the nation.

The Ragin’ Cajuns rank anywhere from second to sixth in the four baseball polls, the National Collegiate Baseball Writers, the USA Today Coaches Poll, Collegiate Baseball and Baseball America, used by the NCAA.

Default Re: Opponents view: Red hot Ragin' Cajuns bring lofty ranking to Troy this weekend

How quickly does the City of Troy News paper forget how they were asking the WORLD to Please NOT call them "Troy State" as they had made a name change to stay with their growth!!!

See how many times they call us ULL, Lafayette, UL-Lafayette in ONE article! Really, get it right Troy!

Default Re: Opponents view: Red hot Ragin' Cajuns bring lofty ranking to Troy this weekend

That's why all these teams that have requested to be called something else--Troy State, Nichols State, LSU A&M @BR--should expect a middle finger from us until they abide by what we want to be called.

I can take the ULL, UL-L, UL Lafayette etc. I do not like it but I can tolerate it. As a matter of choice I usually do not comment on it. But to call our University "Lafayette" is just disrespectful and ignorant.

5. Default Re: Opponents view: Red hot Ragin' Cajuns bring lofty ranking to Troy this weekend

We will be shortened to Lafayette. Never going to change until we get the legal OK for UL. We can get pizzed all we want, that will continue to happen. It happens everywhere, but if it aggravates you, then they will be sure to use it.

It will continue to happen as long as we have that anchor of a juco Monroe tied to our hip. Once we separate people in our league will be comfortable to call us Louisiana.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    We will be shortened to Lafayette. Never going to change until we get the legal OK for UL. We can get pizzed all we want, that will continue to happen. It happens everywhere, but if it aggravates you, then they will be sure to use it.
    This right here

Thanks Mr. Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFISH61 View Post
    It will continue to happen as long as we have that anchor of a juco Monroe tied to our hip. Once we separate people in our league will be comfortable to call us Louisiana.
    What league?

CUSA with Tech?

AAC with Tulane?

There will be just as much name interference from those two as from ULM, probably more because they each have much more political pull than ULM.

Only way we get full conference support on the name issue is to join the MWC, MAC, or a completely new conference that does not contain Tech, Tulane or ULM.

Never going to change until we get the legal OK for UL.
    I would like to see the administration really commit to branding as Louisiana before I get as negative as you.

They are not committed to the level they need to be to sell it.

Anybody read the article? The coach said "Lafayette" in a quote in the article. The writer never called us Lafayette.

And how joyous it is to open a thread about how good our baseball team is only to find that its yet another name thread. Yippee!!!!

12. UL Baseball Re: Opponents view: Red hot Ragin' Cajuns bring lofty ranking to Troy this weekend

I do not think understanding of human nature means being negative. It provides one with the clarity to explore options that will work. Wishing a coach won't give you a diminishing name is against all human nature. Many UL coaches do not say ULM, but instead MoanROW. All I am saying at the most basic core is not to get bent about it, we cannot control it, move on.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    What league?

CUSA with Tech?

AAC with Tulane?

There will be just as much name interference from those two as from ULM, probably more because they each have much more political pull than ULM.

Only way we get full conference support on the name issue is to join the MWC, MAC, or a completely new conference that does not contain Tech, Tulane or ULM.
    I don't think so. Teck & TU don't have the same argument, they don't have the same name. And the other conference members should (should) want the best-sounding opponents they can schedule.

14. Default Re: Opponents view: Red hot Ragin' Cajuns bring lofty ranking to Troy this weekend

. Many UL coaches do not say ULM, but instead MoanROW.
    It's true, but I never understood that.

It does nothing for you and only cements "Lafayette"

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    It's true, but I never understood that.

It does nothing for you and only cements "Lafayette"
    Coach Robicheaux used "Western" to refer to wku in an interview. I doubt they like to be called that.

I think it's fairly common for coaches to shorten the names. And not necessarily in a way that raises your opponents perceived stature. Subconscious or not, who knows.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information