Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Official NCAA RPI

Default Official NCAA RPI

2. Default Re: Official NCAA RPI

which is exactly where warrennolan.com has us.

His is up dated daily, so as long as he is similar to the NCAA, which is updated weekly from here on out, we should know exactly where we stand during the season.

Default Re: Official NCAA RPI

So far so good.

South Carolina has only played 4 games on the road and are 2-2? What a joke

Looks like Arkansas State might be able to sneak into that top 50 which would be fantastic

Cajunjeb is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

In years past, the Cajuns have either played Rice or Houston for a midweek game. This would have been a great year for it, based on RPI. Oh well. I think as long as the Cajuns keep winning and do well in the conference tournament, a top 8 seed will be guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunjeb View Post
    In years past, the Cajuns have either played Rice or Houston for a midweek game. This would have been a great year for it, based on RPI. Oh well. I think as long as the Cajuns keep winning and do well in the conference tournament, a top 8 seed will be guaranteed.
    Yea would have been nice, I'm guessing Tulane took the place this year. not the best trade in hindsight

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunjeb View Post
    When our softball team was ranked #4 in the nation virtually all season, and had a representative on the selection committee, and got a 13 seed, I learned that being a national seed is far from "guaranteed."

We could go undefeated. Doesn't matter. We're not getting a top national seed. Take that to the bank.

7. Default Re: Official NCAA RPI

He was comfortable with the seed. The UL guy who excludes himself for the home team. I do think we had slid out of the top eight just prior to selection Sunday.

For softball that year, we were #12 in RPI, #7 in the polls and got a #14 seed

9. Default Re: Official NCAA RPI

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    He was comfortable with the seed. The UL guy who excludes himself for the home team. I do think we had slid out of the top eight just prior to selection Sunday.
    No, we slid out of the Top 8 RPI (to #9) four weeks prior to the NCAA regional selections. Three weeks prior the Cajuns were at #12.

Brian

10. UL Baseball Re: Official NCAA RPI

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    which is exactly where warrennolan.com has us.

His is up dated daily, so as long as he is similar to the NCAA, which is updated weekly from here on out, we should know exactly where we stand during the season.
    The only thing (of which I am aware) that Warren Nolan is not yet accounting for is the RPI penalty. But since this is a subtraction after the RPI is calculated, it has no effect on the RPI of teams other than the team against which the penalty is assessed. Obviously it could affect the W/L record vs. RPI Top XX for some teams.

At present, no team in the RPI Top 25 has been assessed an RPI penalty.

I have communicated to Warren Nolan the formula rules for RPI penalties and expect that he will integrate them into his system by selection time.

Brian

11. Default Re: Official NCAA RPI

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    Maybe Scott added the 12 and the 7 and thought he was getting a good deal?

Brian (Ok, going back to my corner)

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Maybe Scott added the 12 and the 7 and thought he was getting a good deal?

Brian (Ok, going back to my corner)
    How in the world he didn't dress his colleagues down for that screw job is beyond me. Sorry Brother CajunJeb for offending your sensitivities by using screwjob with women's softball. I see how hat could be taken the wrong way & offensive to some.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    UL also had the #1 OOC RPI in the Nation that year.

To my way of thinking, seeding should be weighted in favor of (or towards) OOC RPI.

In my mind it is a better indicator of the better team. You don't know those teams, you don't play them 6 times a year every year.

More so than in conference it is mono A mono, tendencies unknown. Best team wins.

So to get a national seed below even the overall RPI was an atrocity.

jmo

Cajunjeb is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    How in the world he didn't dress his colleagues down for that screw job is beyond me. Sorry Brother CajunJeb for offending your sensitivities by using screwjob with women's softball. I see how hat could be taken the wrong way & offensive to some.
    No that one is ok. You didn't mention doing inappropriate things and eighth graders.

15. Default Re: Official NCAA RPI

We have moved up on the warrennolan.com site to #9 after winning last night vs. Tulane.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information