Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Baseball Rankings - 3/31

Default Baseball Rankings - 3/31

I'm interested to see how much the polls drop us for a loss. I would think we get much less credit than the big conference teams for a loss and I know a lot of the teams around us won out.

Perfect Game - #4 (prev 3) - http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/.x?article=9668
    Baseball America - #4 (prev 4) - http://www.baseballamerica.com/colle.p-25-march-31/
    Collegiate Baseball - #2 (prev 1) - http://baseballnews.com/polls/ncaa-d.-poll-3-31-14/
    USA Today Coaches - #5 (prev 6) - http://espn.go.com/college-sports/ra.ortId/10031000
    NCBWA - #4 (prev 5) -http://www.sportswriters.net/ncbwa/n.oll140331.html

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Baseball Rankings - 3/31

We are going to get jacked. So be it. We are still a top 5 team, easily.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    I'm interested to see how much the polls drop us for a loss. I would think we get much less credit than the big conference teams for a loss and I know a lot of the teams around us won out.

Perfect Game - (prev 3) -
    Baseball America - (prev 4) -
    Collegiate Baseball - (prev 1) -
    USA Today Coaches - (prev 6) -
    NCBWA - (prev 5) -
    My thoughts

Perfect Game #5
    Baseball America #5
    Collegiate Baseball #3
    USA Today Coaches #6 (same)
    NCBWA #6

How did the other top teams do this weekend?

I know in one poll, NCBWA, one top 5 team will no longer be there. Can you guess who?

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    Virginia 4-0
    FSU 3-1
    LSU 0-4
    South Carolina 5-0
    Vanderbilt 3-1
    Oregon 2-3
    Oregon St 2-1
    Cal Poly 3-0
    Louisville 4-0

I fully expect Virginia and South Carolina to be 1 and 2 in some order in all polls

UVA and S Carolina had perfect weeks. Corn dogs 0-4, most of rest did like us, one loss. I expect a sizable drop simply because we're not from a big conference and the loss was a beat down.

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    Florida St went 4-1 (loss to Florida, swept BC)
    South Carolina 5-0 (Swept Tennessee) and sitting at 24-3
    Virginia 4-0 (swept Virginia Tech) sitting at 23-4
    LSU 0-4 (swept by Florida, loss to Tulane)
    Vandy 4-1
    Oregon 1-3
    Oregon State 1-2
    Ole Miss 1-3 (swept by Bama)

I think we will see South Carolina #1 in most polls this week.

Guys, I really don't expect us to drop much like some of you are predicting and here's my reasoning. In the past when we would be ranked and drop a game, we would drop significantly, yes. But here's the difference this year. We ALREADY have the pollster's respect. It's not like we just now entered the rankings at #23 or something and then dropped a game, thus dropping us out of the rankings. We are ranked as high as #1 and as low as #6 in all the polls. When you are ranked that high, and you have a solid body of work to show for it with a 26-3 record going 4-1 on the week will not drop us significantly like it would if we had only just last week entered the rankings.

That's my thoughts on it, we only have 3 losses. They see that we lost a game, but we ultimately won the series and we also swept our midweek games. I don't see us dropping more than 2 spots in the Collegiate baseball poll and I wouldn't be surprised to see us actually move up in the NCBWA and the Coaches poll. BA might drop us 1 spot but ultimately I see us being around the same in all of these rankings.

They know what kind of team we are, and we just came off a 14 game winning streak, dropping 1 game will not hurt us as much as some of you are predicting.

10. Default Re: Baseball Rankings - 3/31

Honest question:

How much water does rank in these polls hold? At the end of the season, if you are in a position to host a regional and a super, guaranteeing you home field throughout the playoffs up until the 8 team CWS, does it really matter if you are ranked #1 or #5?

Quote Originally Posted by TCbacker54 View Post
    Honest question:

How much water does rank in these polls hold? At the end of the season, if you are in a position to host a regional and a super, guaranteeing you home field throughout the playoffs up until the 8 team CWS, does it really matter if you are ranked #1 or #5?
    No not really, but it nice for recruiting and getting people out to the ballpark when you can say that you have the # 1team in the nation and for a school like UL it gives us great exposure that the other schools already have but it also puts a nice big target on your back.

Quote Originally Posted by TCbacker54 View Post
    Honest question:

I'm sure Brian will give us a statistical non-human answer to the equation. But man, I gotta believe that if we are ranked say #3 in the country in all the polls at the end of the season and we are #10 RPI team, they would give us a top 8 National Seed. I just think there is a human element that you cannot quantify to the selection process.

Perfect Game updated

# 4 PG today

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    Perfect Game updated
    About what I expected. I would have South Carolina above FSU but that's just me. It still nice to have the best record in baseball at March 21 though!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information