10 3.92%
  • 24,001 -- 25,000

3 1.18%
  • 25,001 and above

11 4.31%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Season Attendance predictions

Default Re: Season Attendance predictions

So what is the deadline year for attendance in 1A football? I though they were going to start making teams drop down to a lower level is they did not meet the requirements. I thought it was this year Doesn't sound like they are too serious about this, maybe because a LOT of schools would have to bow out. Anyone have any Idea?. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    So what is the deadline year for attendance in 1A football? I though they were going to start making teams drop down to a lower level is they did not meet the requirements. I thought it was this year Doesn't sound like they are too serious about this, maybe because a LOT of schools would have to bow out. Anyone have any Idea?. thanks
    From what I remember, they changed the rule as there were a number of Div1 schools, including BCS conference teams, who weren't going to meet the attendance requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    _ From what I remember, they changed the rule as there were a number of Div1 schools, including BCS conference teams, who weren't going to meet the attendance requirements. _
    I hope so. How many guys are on the team? I predict about the team plus 100. Sad times once again for the Cajun faithful.

UL Football Re: Season Attendance predictions

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    _ I hope so. How many guys are on the team? I predict about the team plus 100. Sad times once again for the Cajun faithful. _
    Man if you really think things are that bad your head is in the sand.

One way or another we will get better, with or without Bustle. I hope after the Illinois game this team becomes competive and tackles and holds onto the ball, few to no INT's, and PUTS UP SOME W'S. If not then Bustle is gone. There are too many positive things happening in UL athletics to only draw what you posted. I know your only stating your point of this first game looks like same old same old, but normally week one is great or very competitive and then tail off, maybe this is something new and different.

Hang in there RCajun90 hopefully you are pleasantly surprised!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ Showdog tends to wake up on the wrong side of the bed some days. _

Hmmmmmmmmmm.guess that defense really showed USM

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ShowDog View Post
    _ Hmmmmmmmmmm.guess that defense really showed USM _
    First of allI did put a smiley face after my post. Secondly, if you are as negative in real life as you are about Cajun athleticsseek help. Thirdly, if you happen to make it to a game this year, come by the Oak and we will feed and water youfree of charge, of course. ( see multiple smiley faces)

Z

_ First of allI did put a smiley face after my post. Secondly, if you are as negative in real life as you are about Cajun athleticsseek help. Thirdly, if you happen to make it to a game this year, come by the Oak and we will feed and water youfree of charge, of course. ( see multiple smiley faces)

Z _
    z, hammer finally got me to an "eauxk" way of thinking, and here you are confusing me with "Oak." you're not helping my oldtimers.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Sonsissymia View Post
    _ z, hammer finally got me to an "eauxk" way of thinking, and here you are confusing me with "Oak." you're not helping my oldtimers. _
    one and the same. Showdog is a crotchety old fartI didnt want to confuse him

sorry I confused you!

Z

_ First of allI did put a smiley face after my post. Secondly, if you are as negative in real life as you are about Cajun athleticsseek help. Thirdly, if you happen to make it to a game this year, come by the Oak and we will feed and water youfree of charge, of course. ( see multiple smiley faces)

Z _
    Sorry if I always seem negative. I consider myself a realist. I've followed this school since the late 50's. Saw the great Shipley years, and once Pascal left, it's never been the same in Basketball. Thought we had turned the corner in FB with Stokely.

It just gets old seeing the same old same old. I picked up the Advocate this morning and one of our players was saying we played "slow" against USM.

Huh??? Then he says some of our players were "out of gas"?. First game of the season and you're out of gas after Bustle said on the pre-game show that he thought we had the best fall since he's been here? Give me a break.

In business sometimes you have to cut your losses and go on. The definition of insanity is to keep knocking your head into the same wall. Here's hoping when Authement left, we ridded ourselves of the insane one and now we'll start moving in a positive direction.

I'm 61 as of last week and just want to see it happen before I go.haMy desire for football is to see us beat LSU one time in my lifetime.

Hey, I will get to a couple of games and I'll take you up on your invite. Will ante up to the kitty to help out.

_ Sorry if I always seem negative. I consider myself a realist. I've followed this school since the late 50's. Saw the great Shipley years, and once Pascal left, it's never been the same in Basketball. Thought we had turned the corner in FB with Stokely.

It just gets old seeing the same old same old. I picked up the Advocate this morning and one of our players was saying we played "slow" against USM.

Huh??? Then he says some of our players were "out of gas"?. First game of the season and you're out of gas after Bustle said on the pre-game show that he thought we had the best fall since he's been here? Give me a break.

In business sometimes you have to cut your losses and go on. The definition of insanity is to keep knocking your head into the same wall. Here's hoping when Authement left, we ridded ourselves of the insane one and now we'll start moving in a positive direction.

I'm 61 as of last week and just want to see it happen before I go.haMy desire for football is to see us beat LSU one time in my lifetime.

Hey, I will get to a couple of games and I'll take you up on your invite. Will ante up to the kitty to help out. _
    Look forward to seeing you! It is tough being a Cajun Fan!!!! The few, the proud!

Z

Thought we had turned the corner in FB with Stokely.

.and you're out of gas after Bustle said on the pre-game show that he thought we had the best fall since he's been here? Give me a break.
    First, we DID turn the corner with Stokley. It's just that the "insane one", as you put it, decided to impound the car once that happenned.

Second, this is not the first time that the head coach's view of the team was so completely off base. After starting the '05 season with 2 skull draggings against LSUBR and A&M, he stated that he really thought we would win one of them.

It is tough being a Cajun Fan!!!! The few, the proud!

Z _
    and the magnificant!

I'm with you.

_ Look forward to seeing you! It is tough being a Cajun Fan!!!! The few, the proud!

Z _
    It's tough being a fan of anything that fails more than it succeeds. Be it American made cars, the NO Saints, a spouse, a child, a state, or a college sports team. The question each of us has to answer for ourselves is when do we decide or do we decide to follow the tough love approach to a tough problem. There can be a fine in the real world between supporter and enabler. Is there the same fine line in the sports world?

Whatever the correct answer might be, best of luck this weekend to the Cajuns.

Quote Originally Posted by 4LSU View Post
    _ It's tough being a fan of anything that fails more than it succeeds. Be it American made cars, the NO Saints, a spouse, a child, a state, or a college sports team. The question each of us has to answer for ourselves is when do we decide or do we decide to follow the tough love approach to a tough problem. There can be a fine in the real world between supporter and enabler. Is there the same fine line in the sports world?

Whatever the correct answer might be, best of luck this weekend to the Cajuns. _
    Funny you mentioned it. I buy American cars in addition to being a Cajun fan. What would Dr Phil say about that

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ Funny you mentioned it. I buy American cars in addition to being a Cajun fan. What would Dr Phil say about that _
    Buy a Toyota and get LSU tickets!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information