10 3.92%
  • 24,001 -- 25,000

3 1.18%
  • 25,001 and above

11 4.31%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Season Attendance predictions

1. Default Re: Season Attendance predictions

Some have put necessary variables into their guesses---But don't forget RRRRAAIIIINNN!!!!!!!!

Default Re: Season Attendance predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Some have put necessary variables into their guesses---But don't forget RRRRAAIIIINNN!!!!!!!!
    That's right, we have a bunch of candy-azzed fans who think they'll melt in the rain. Some of my most fun games were in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    _ That's right, we have a bunch of candy-azzed fans who think they'll melt in the rain. Some of my most fun games were in the rain. _

I could not agree with you more. But yes sadly most of my friends and fans are afraid of rain.

anyone know what the avg. attendance was for last year?. Also, What are the details on the ncaa attendance proposed mandatory minimum attendance average. I was thinking it was like 18k over three years and that this is the third year not sure though thanks.

Louisiana Re: Season Attendance predictions

23,500 avg

Quote Originally Posted by ShowDog View Post
    _ I read that on Saturday, the defense sucked according to Gerald Broussard. He said the lack of passion and intensity was horrible and the offense was all over the defense. This is scary as usually it is the defense that is ahead in the early parts of the fall.

After last year's lack of defense, this is not promising. Then in today's Advocate it was reported that the practice yesterday was nothing to call home about.

I see the same old same old out of this group. _

Everything that I 've seen and read has been positive on the defensive side of the ball. In the scrimmage, the D looked much improved from last year IMO especially with several key people out to nurse injuries. The intensity was all over the place and they didn't want to give one inch to the offense. I've read that they really only had one bad practice since beginning camp so I'm not sure where the mixed reviews are coming from.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ Everything that I 've seen and read has been positive on the defensive side of the ball. In the scrimmage, the D looked much improved from last year IMO especially with several key people out to nurse injuries. The intensity was all over the place and they didn't want to give one inch to the offense. I've read that they really only had one bad practice since beginning camp so I'm not sure where the mixed reviews are coming from. _
    Showdog tends to wake up on the wrong side of the bed some days.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Season Attendance predictions

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    Some of my most fun games were in the rain.
    That Houston game a few years back was a blastI was rather dumb looking back on it now, for sitting out in that while NO ONE was EVEN ON THE field! One of my more rather dumb moves in lifemy wife spent that entire rain delay in the bathroom, crammed in there with about a thousand other people from the students side, holding our nephew, while I sat in the rain loving every second of it!

Yeah, I was younger and dumber back then. I knew while the band was playing the National Anthem and it starting raining for that game it was going to be bad, before they could finish we couldn't see the upper deck it was raining so hard. The band didn't know what hit 'em. They ran off the field and did not even finish the pre-gamebunch of weenies.

I would not sit through that againI would go back after it finished though.

_ Everything that I 've seen and read has been positive on the defensive side of the ball. In the scrimmage, the D looked much improved from last year IMO especially with several key people out to nurse injuries. The intensity was all over the place and they didn't want to give one inch to the offense. I've read that they really only had one bad practice since beginning camp so I'm not sure where the mixed reviews are coming from. _

We need to also keep in mind that our Defense is practicing against one of the top rushing offenses in the country that will also be an improved passing team as well. If our Defense can measure up against them, we should do well this year.

I was watching HBO this weekend and caught the NFL program on the Dallas Cowboys training camp. One of the coaches talked about the need for their players to play with a swagger. The last time I saw UL play with a swagger was when we beat the University of Houston a couple of years ago. We need to get that swagger back. If we have any kind of a defense this year, we will be in a bowl game. We are bigger and stronger on defense than we have ever been. I think we will surprise teams.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ We need to also keep in mind that our Defense is practicing against one of the top rushing offenses in the country that will also be an improved passing team as well. If our Defense can measure up against them, we should do well this year.

I was watching HBO this weekend and caught the NFL program on the Dallas Cowboys training camp. One of the coaches talked about the need for their players to play with a swagger. The last time I saw UL play with a swagger was when we beat the University of Houston a couple of years ago. We need to get that swagger back. If we have any kind of a defense this year, we will be in a bowl game. We are bigger and stronger on defense than we have ever been. I think we will surprise teams. _

That was the essence of my post. I do believe they will be more improved having showed a dedication to weight room this offseason and really coming to play. I had not seen as much intensity and fire between the offense and Defense in any scrimmage to date over the last several years and I think you need that attitude to play D

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Season Attendance predictions

Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau View Post
    _ That Houston game a few years back was a blastI was rather dumb looking back on it now, for sitting out in that while NO ONE was EVEN ON THE field! One of my more rather dumb moves in lifemy wife spent that entire rain delay in the bathroom, crammed in there with about a thousand other people from the students side, holding our nephew, while I sat in the rain loving every second of it!

Yeah, I was younger and dumber back then. I knew while the band was playing the National Anthem and it starting raining for that game it was going to be bad, before they could finish we couldn't see the upper deck it was raining so hard. The band didn't know what hit 'em. They ran off the field and did not even finish the pre-gamebunch of weenies.

I would not sit through that againI would go back after it finished though. _
    not any dumber than i was quite a few years ago as i sat, alone, in the upper chairbacks waiting out a storm-delayed game vs. la. tech. i'm sure others remember that game.

Poll Re: Season Attendance predictions

Quote Originally Posted by CajunPride View Post
    23,500 avg
    This brings up a good point.Are we guessing how many paid or how many actually will walk in the door? I refuse to belive that we averaged 23,500 last season at our games!

1. Ohio - 22186
    2. McNeese - 33828
    3. Troy - n/a - but the stands were empty
    4. UNT - n/a - but the stands were VERY emptyWasn't this the game that it absolutely POURED down raining right before kickoff? And ran off half the fans.only us REAL ones were left?
    5. FAU - n/a
    6. ULM - n/a - Wasn't at this one.I'm sure with the season well determined not many on hand.
    Game 3-6There were certainly not over 20,000 at ANY of them! The UNT game there might have been 5K at if we were lucky!

We didn't average that last year. He's speculating that we will average that this year. No way we were even in that ballpark last year. If we are in the conference race and can take 1 or 2 non-conference games, we can average over 20,000

Poll Re: Season Attendance predictions

We didn't average that last year. He's speculating that we will average that this year. No way we were even in that ballpark last year. If we are in the conference race and can take 1 or 2 non-conference games, we can average over 20,000
    I thought he was answering the question from leeman on the post above his asking how many we averaged last year.sorry. It looked to be answering it to me.

With only having 5 games this year.who knows. I do like having 2 decent non-conf games coming in.

I guess with all this discussion now out of the way, I really should vote in the poll!?!?!?!?!?!

UL Football Re: Season Attendance predictions

It seems some are choosing to not either be logged on the site or just not be registered and vote for the 15,000 and less.

Any who vote and are not registered that is fine so long as they are man or woman enough to vote only once.

Others that are registered members not logging on and voting to drive up the votes on the lower attendance choices are just wrong.

I do not know what one would have to be concerned about by voting on the poll. No one knows what the Cajuns will do, but the crowds will swell if they put up W's especially early and dry up if they win as many as most are hoping they lose!

I know there are not that many Cajun Fans thinking that negative about attendance. Louisiana sold as of August 1st just over 9,000 season tickets with August to geaux and most of September due to the Cajuns being on the road early. UL could see season ticket totals over 10,000 this season and we normally have very good walkup.

We will see! Vote fair, neaux chads!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information