Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Cajun Fan Day

1. Ragin' Cajuns Louisiana Fan Day 2008

PICTURES: Cajun T | Frenchie35 | DrumRoll

UL - Fans will get an up-close look at the Ragin’ Cajuns fall sports line-up at the 2008 Ragin’ Cajuns Fan Day, presented by MidSouth Bank, on Sunday, Aug. 10 from 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Players will sign autographs at this free season kick-off event, and fans will also get to walk on the new state of the art turf recently installed Cajun Field.

Hear live music by Caleb Elliot with The Stewart Street Band and The Josh Taylor Band when gates open at 5 p.m. Fans can enter through State Farm Gate A, where the first 500 young fans will receive a FREE Ragin’ Cajuns autograph book. There will be inflatables from Acadiana Fun Jumps for the kids, free food from Baja Sports Grill and from Sports Clips, free Pepsi drinks and it is all topped off with free ice cream from Borden’s.

For coach Rickey Bustle, Fan Day is important to the team. “Fan Day gives the players a chance to interact with the folks that will be filling the stadium to cheer them on,” said Bustle. “It means a lot to us.”

Scot Weiland, entering his fourth season as head coach of the Ragin’ Cajuns women’s soccer team and coming off of the first winning season in program history, says, “We look forward to talking with the fans and having a great time before we begin preseason.”

Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns first season head volleyball coach Heather Mazeitis is excited to experience her first Fan Day with her players. “This is good for the players and the fans. I’m looking forward to enjoying the evening in the stadium.”

As a bonus for season ticket holders, this is also an invitation for them to pick up their tickets early and receive a special gift. Only season ticket holders who come to Fan Day will receive their gift. Fans can also purchase football season throughout the event.

Sponsors who have helped make our Ragin’ Cajun Fan Day possible include MidSouth Bank, Acadiana Fun Jumps, Nunus Fresh Supermarket, Acadiana Bottling, Borden’s, Baja Sports Grill, SportClips, Stevens RV, Hydro Carbon and Mike Harson, District Attorney.

RaginCajuns.com
    Chris Whtiehead

Homes SO Clean

UL Football A Little Fan Day "Setup Help" needed!

Just spoke with Gerald Hebert on the phone, he asked if I could get a few Ragin Cajun Fans to help for about an hour on Sunday for Fan Day Set up!

I will be at Cajun Field for 3:30 p.m. Sunday August 10th, 5-6 more UL fans are needed to help set up for approximately one hour.

2500 Louisiana T-shirts will be handed out during fan day as well as posters, etc. There will be Sky Divers and the UL Pride of Acadiana Band, UL Cheer Leaders, Ragin Jazz, and much more!

Gerald also stated the Pressure washing will start at the end of August. He said the project will take up to 21 days. Gerald also said there are some really really nice and big projects in the works.

Post here please if you will be able to help Sunday!

See you Saturday also at the first UL Football scrimage as well as Fan Day Sunday!

Default Re: A Little Fan Day "Setup Help" needed!

I was planning on being there at 4 but will move it up to 3:30.

DC, if you are going. I'll be there with a big smile on my face!

UL Football Re: A Little Fan Day "Setup Help" needed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    _ I was planning on being there at 4 but will move it up to 3:30. _
    Thanks Hammer! The last time you and I met up we were busting down brick walls for the addition and remodel of the training rooms, wet area, equipment room, dressing rooms and meeting rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by BrudaCajun View Post
    _ DC, if you are going. I'll be there with a big smile on my face! _
    Start smiling and bring it!

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    _ Start smiling and bring it! _
    Would you be able to come and pick me up? Wheels are outta commission

Do not know as I will have worked a 12 hour the night prior and will be doing the same needing to both get as much sleep as I can and leave early enough to make it to shower, go to church and then head straight to work with a power nap prior, hopefully.

Should have bought the Green Machine! I will see what I can do!

Regretfully grinning
    You @ work now

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    _ Thanks Hammer! The last time you and I met up we were busting down brick walls for the addition and remodel of the training rooms, wet area, equipment room, dressing rooms and meeting rooms. _
    Don't start alking about all you do for the program (though we all know you doa hell of a lot). It upsets some of those that have vowed not to do a damn thing to help out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Don't start alking about all you do for the program (though we all know you doa hell of a lot). It upsets some of those that have vowed not to do a damn thing to help out.
    But how can we be a "real" D1a program with you guys doing all that sort of stuff????!!!!!

12. Default Re: Louisiana Fan Day TODAY 5-7 pm

Baja Sports Grill has been feeding the team for the last week and will continue to do so for another week.

Today they will be grillilling hamburgers for you on the spot at The Swamp.

www.BajaSportsGrill.com

Homes SO Clean

Does next year count...I sure wish I were there!!!! Hope you have a great day and everyone enjoys themselves. Can't wait to get there and help everyone. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE will one of you guys take a picture of KP for me. Thank you sooooooooomuch!!!

Default Re: Louisiana Fan Day TODAY 5-7 pm

Letter from Dept of Athletics say 6-8 pm?

Default Re: Louisiana Fan Day TODAY 5-7 pm

I got the same letter stating 6-8 also. But the offical website and the daily advertiser both said 5-7 as of today. I will be there at 5.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information