Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on trip to San Antonio

Default Thoughts on trip to San Antonio

My seats were awesome!

We lost, bit I had a blast and Cajuns fans held thier own against the entire state of Nebraska.

Creighton fans are the polar opposite of GSU fans. Class. BTW, we have been cordially invited to Omaha this summer. 😉

Walking in the player entrance and getting my ticket from Matt made me feel like a VIP. Love me some RCAF benefits.

Default Re: Thoughts on trip to San Antonio

Yes the Creighton fans I talked with were very nice. So were the Nebreska fans after their loss. Was a good time and enjoyed the environment. Let's do again next year.

The only negative part of the trip was the loss. Other than that, it has been a good trip and a lot of fun.

I sat near several Creighton fans. Good folks. I asked one couple about their arena/attendance (no, not an attendance thread! LOL). Off campus 18,000 seat facility; and they have filled it for several years now. Good on them!

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    I sat near several Creighton fans. Good folks. I asked one couple about their arena/attendance (no, not an attendance thread! LOL). Off campus 18,000 seat facility; and they have filled it for several years now. Good on them!
    Yeah, hoops is a big deal with Creighton. This is where they play:

LINK

Century Link Center (capacity-wise) is almost as big as the AT&T Center where we played today. 18,000+. And yes they have pretty much sold out the place in the last few seasons. Big East got a good team with good fan support in Creighton.

We had a great time today also, Seats were great. Game was great until the last couple of minutes. This team fought to the end and hung in with a good team.

My biggest disappontment wasn't the game but the lack of support by UL fans. We can't expect to go anywhere conference wise when we can't support our basketball team in a game 6 hours from Lafayette. We had maybe 500 fans here. Creighton probably had 3 or 4,000 supporting their team. And they had to travel much further than we did. Of the 8 teams in this regional we probably had on North Carolina Central beat in attendance.

This may be a little harsh but until WE step up, maybe we are where we belong. Dang, I can't believe I said that. Maybe sitting near T-Joe & cronies, Karl Benson and Scott Farmer gave me some type of contagious disease.

And to the a holes sitting behind me that kept telling us to sit down. You're not true fans. You're just T-Joe's lackeys. You thought you were at the opera?

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    We had a great time today also, Seats were great. Game was great until the last couple of minutes. This team fought to the end and hung in with a good team.

My biggest disappontment wasn't the game but the lack of support by UL fans. We can't expect to go anywhere conference wise when we can't support our basketball team in a game 6 hours from Lafayette. We had maybe 500 fans here. Creighton probably had 3 or 4,000 supporting their team. And they had to travel much further than we did. Of the 8 teams in this regional we probably had on North Carolina Central beat in attendance.

This may be a little harsh but until WE step up, maybe we are where we belong. Dang, I can't believe I said that. Maybe sitting near T-Joe & cronies, Karl Benson and Scott Farmer gave me some type of contagious disease.

And to the a holes sitting behind me that kept telling us to sit down. You're not true fans. You're just T-Joe's lackeys. You thought you were at the opera?
    nice.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    nice.

Z
    I cleansed myself of them by knocking back a few Shiners. They're probably sipping champagne somewhere.

UL Basketball Re: Thoughts on trip to San Antonio

Very little I hate at a game more than that____es me off! WTF drive/fly all the way over there to sit, and quietly cheer? Get up be loud, it won't hurt, I PROMISE!

I'm still kinda horase from the yelling at 4 games last weekend in NOLA!!!!!

If you ain't hoarse after a game, you ain't doing it right!

Yea I'm chewing on a Ricola right now. I heard some folks telling a group to sit down at the start of the 2nd half. It was told to them we stand until the other team scores. They acted like they never heard of that practice. Must have been their 1st game attended

Agree, Nebraska out-numbered us 3-1. Easily.

We had maybe 500 fans here. Creighton probably had 3 or 4,000 supporting their team. And they had to travel much further than we did. Of the 8 teams in this regional we probably had on North Carolina Central beat in attendance.
    Creighton fans also had the season long expectation of traveling for the tournament once mid March got here. Our tournament bid was somewhat unexpected and its not easy for a lot people to get set up for a trip in 5 days.

Quote Originally Posted by cb089 View Post
    Our tournament bid was somewhat unexpected and its not easy for a lot people to get set up for a trip in 5 days.
    We really need to stop making excuses. It took me all of 10 minutes to do that.
    1 - make hotel reservations
    2 - tell boss I was taking off
    3 - e-mail UL ticket office to request tickets

All done by 7:30 Monday morning.

Just curiouswho are these "a hole" fans that you speak of? Because we were sitting on the same row, heck literally right next to T-Joe. And FYI, we support this school and have just as much passion as you or anyone else on this board. And people who know me here can attest to that.

I don't mean to call you out here, but we were sitting in that exact section with that entire group that you call a "contagious disease." And trust me, we were yelling quite a lot and not sitting on our hands.

I only remember one time my dad telling someone to sit down right after everyone else had sat down in our section and there were only maybe three our four people who kept standing, ironically right in front of where we were sitting.

Anyway about the game.we fought hard and played until the final whistle. I'm very proud of what this team accomplished this year. I look forward to the future of Cajun basketball, and hope to be back in the postseason very soon.

15. UL Basketball Re: Thoughts on trip to San Antonio

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun View Post
    My seats were awesome!

We lost, bit I had a blast and Cajuns fans held thier own against the entire state of Nebraska.

Creighton fans are the polar opposite of GSU fans. Class. BTW, we have been cordially invited to Omaha this summer. 

Walking in the player entrance and getting my ticket from Matt made me feel like a VIP. Love me some RCAF benefits.
    Agreed with all of the above.

We had a beautiful drive from the Hill Country/Lake Travis area . down 281 South into San Antonio. I took my 12-year old daughter . whom was really into it . and my brother. Arrived at the end of the 1st half between Baylor and Nebraska. We had great seats (thanks to RCAF) and it was a nice, comfortable arena in which to take in the NCAA's finest. We all had a great time.

It was an exciting, close, hard fought game. If you had not known the seeds, there is no way you would have guessed this was a 13 vs. 4 game. The Cajuns gave Creighton all they could handle and Elfrid Payton's man defense on McDermott (another great player) was nothing short of amazing. Payton has amazing quickness and plays like he is 6'7". McDermott was clearly frustrated when Payton was assigned to him.

I am very proud of this team and had a blast watching them once again on the NCAA's finest stage. Here is hoping they can continue the momentum.

Brian

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information