Thread: Can UL give Rhett Hebert a scholarship?

1. UL Baseball Hebert leads Best of Teche large school team

It's NOT because I live in Vermilion Parish but I would like to see Rhett Hebert playing for the Cajuns. Check out his stats and how he plays big in the crunch.

The Erath Bobcats came within 30 seconds of capturing the undisputed District 6-3A championship this season.

While the Bobcats had to share the title with Abbeville and North Vermilion, the efforts of guard Rhett Hebert didn't go unnoticed at the district meeting. Hebert was named district MVP by the league's coaches, and has been chosen as the MVP of the Best of the Teche Large School Boys' Basketball Team by the sports staff of The Daily Iberian.

The large school team is comprised of players in classes 3A, 4A and 5A.

"He had two district games where he had over 30 points," said Erath coach Tommy Byler. "In eight games, that's something you notice."

Hebert is joined on the Best of the Teche first team by Harry Coleman of West St. Mary, Early Doucet of St. Martinville, Calvin Sigure of New Iberia and Freddie Wright of Westgate.

Hebert, who also was the state Class 3A boys' singles tennis champion last year, averaged 19.9 points, 6.4 rebounds and 3.2 assists a game. He picked up his scoring after the Bobcats lost leading scorer Brennan Bernard to graduation.

"He played point guard until we groomed somebody else to do it, and that hurt his scoring early," said Byler, who was chosen as Coach of the Year for the large school team. "Later in district he moved to the other guard. Our offense isn't really geared to the point guard (scoring)."

The rest of the story

BY CHRIS LANDRY The Daily Iberian

2. Default

Yahoo (delayed exhuberance) Rhett Hebert is playing with the team. He isn't in any of the media guides but those at the game last night against Loyola said he got some minutes.

UL Basketball

He went in with a little time left, played well, and within himself. All in all a good, but not great performance. I guess the best description would be.
    solid!

If Rhett gets a scholarship it mens Southall is gone. 2 peppers

UL Basketball

As far as I am concerned that would not be all bad. Southall is a great distraction, in my opinion, to this team, and certainly does not provide any leadership.

My daughter thinks Rhett is cute so he should be on the team.
    Hey, he may attract a lot more young chicks to the games. This inturn will attract a lot more dirty old men like us.
    We could be onto something here.

I like Redbug's idea.

Thread Information