Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: We'll never catch up

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default We'll never catch up

Picked this up off of the NT site.

In 2012, South Alabama will become the 10th football team in the Sun Belt. The Jaguars will debut as an independent in 2009. The university has raised student fees $150 per semester to help fund the program.

Default Re: We'll never catch up

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post

In 2012, South Alabama will become the 10th football team in the Sun Belt. The Jaguars will debut as an independent in 2009. The university has raised student fees $150 per semester to help fund the program.
    If we sell beer it will help offset this fee. lol

Until the dip_____s in BR change this law then we will continue to fall further behind our peers.

_ Picked this up off of the NT site.

In 2012, South Alabama will become the 10th football team in the Sun Belt. The Jaguars will debut as an independent in 2009. The university has raised student fees $150 per semester to help fund the program. _
    If you check the FIU website you will find they have over 38,000 students (a larger student body than LSU and the fifth largest student body in the country) while FAU has over 26,000 students (according to their web site). When these two schools get going in athletics we won't have a chance. They both have lots of money.

Z that would add 4.8 million per year to our budget. That would be a huge boost.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ Z that would add 4.8 million per year to our budget. That would be a huge boost. _
    Unbelievable!

6. Default Re: We'll never catch up

If our tuition was at the same level as UNO and Tech's we would get an extra 18- 20 mil This is what really stinks ---Of all the knocks against Dr. A ---If he is resposible for this differential ----Come on T-Joe!!!!

In 2012, South Alabama will become the 10th football team in the Sun Belt. The Jaguars will debut as an independent in 2009. The univ
    ersity has raised student fees $150 per semester to help fund the program.
    Are the big USA, FIU and FAU student fees in place of or in addition to general fund transfers?

Awhile back approval was given by the d______s in BR allowing us to significantly increase our general fund transfer to athletics (in fact I think the additional money is already showing up in the UL athletic budget).

My question is -

Do USA and the Fla schools have both or just student fees?

A second question - If we had to pick between the two, which would be better in terms of the larger amount of money generated?

IMO, the best funding of all would be big private sector support and donations, student fees (NOT general fund transfers) and, of course, big time money generated by the AD itself (ticket sales, etc etc etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ Are the big USA, FIU and FAU student fees in place of or in addition to general fund transfers?

Awhile back approval was given by the d______s in BR allowing us to significantly increase our general fund transfer to athletics (in fact I think the additional money is already showing up in the UL athletic budget).

My question is -

A second question - If we had to pick between the two, which would be better in terms of the larger amount of money generated?

IMO, the best funding of all would be big private sector support and donations, student fees (NOT general fund transfers) and, of course, big time money generated by the AD itself (ticket sales, etc etc etc.). _
    Can't answer your question, Des!!! I just felt like whining.

Z

ps whats a d_______s? I have an idea.I just wanted to clarify!! LOL

Can't answer your question, Des!!! I just felt like whining.

Z

Careful, Beau and me are always lurking looking for perps

ps whats a d_______s? I have an idea.I just wanted to clarify!! LOL

I think it's somebody who's got purse strings in his teeth. I think we came out of the general fund deal smelling like a fresh bunch of irises. So much so, if you recall, that some others wanted it stopped.

If there is any good news from this its the fact that now that wku and usa will be full fledged members, this will put even more pressure on Denver. Hopefully this will cause SBC higher-ups to seriously consider asking Denver to take a hike.

As of 2010, the only non football schools will be UALR, UNO, and Denver.

Now if we can just get UNT to field that baseball team.

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    Are the big USA, FIU and FAU student fees in place of or in addition to general fund transfers?

My question is -

IMO, the best funding of all would be big private sector support and donations, student fees (NOT general fund transfers) and, of course, big time money generated by the AD itself (ticket sales, etc etc etc.).
    I believe they are allowed to do both. Their respective athletic budget will soon dwarf our own at UL. The state needs to allow us to impose student fees as well as the general fund transfer if we are ever going to be competitive.

UL Football Re: We'll never catch up

_ Can't answer your question, Des!!! I just felt like whining.

Z

ps whats a d_______s? I have an idea.I just wanted to clarify!! LOL _
    You big whiny baby. LOL

Seriously Z, sometimes i really get tired of the whining especially when things are looking up for our school.

Spoke to my special friend today and she says we will have many improvements coming from Martin Hall. The purse strings have been loosened.

13. Default Re: We'll never catch up

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    You big whiny baby. LOL

Seriously Z, sometimes i really get tired of the whining especially when things are looking up for our school.

Spoke to my special friend today and she says we will have many improvements coming from Martin Hall. The purse strings have been loosened.
    Wouldn't it be nice though if we opened up the purse and pulled out a fiPleasel of $100 bills instead of a fiPleasel of $1 bills.

_ You big whiny baby. LOL

Spoke to my special friend today and she says we will have many improvements coming from Martin Hall. The purse strings have been loosened. _
    I wasn't doggin you, Beau. You are one of the most level headed posters on the board! Obviously a SSOOT trait!

Things are definitely looking up for our school!

Z

You big whiny baby. LOL

Spoke to my special friend today and she says we will have many improvements coming from Martin Hall. The purse strings have been loosened. _
    BeauCajun, I have it!

We sell whine at the games instead of beer. 10 bucks a shot and it's all the whine you want. We'll make millions I tell you, millions.

37 days 'til Kick Off.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information