Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst . 8 15 16 17 18

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana (82) vs Georgia State (81)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    It's been a VERY VERY LONG WEEKEND

I've made 4 trips to NOLA in 5 days!
    At least I live in Gonzales, and it's only a 1.25 hour trip.
    I've yelled so much over the past few days, my throat will constantly hurt for days, maybe all week.
    I've been on the edge of my seat in that arena WAY TOO MUCH! I thought WKU yesterday was stressful, but GA St today took it to a new level.
    I've stood, swayed, gotten dizzy and light headed from the yellingI could go on.

I'm just so damn proud of this group! Payton is a stud, Long is a man, Rimmer and Bryant are just damn damn good players! We wouldn't have won this tourney missing just one of them, but I honestly think that Rimmer was special. He was scoring and making shots when others weren't at times, and kept us in some games.

Today at the end, I turned around for the FT's b/c we are just BAD at them. When I started that, we started making them. I stayed turned around every time we shot a FT the rest of the game.
    I hear ya. I stayed in Covington. Hated that drive across the Causeway, especially Friday night. I bought some Ricola throat losengers. Helped me make it through the last game. Geaux Cajuns!!! Hope we can get a crowd to San Antonio.

Default Re: LOUISIANA vs GEORGIA STATE-12:00 PM-ESPN2

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Forget about the hiccups at Jaxon St, ULM and against Sal. The last 3 days were huge.

Geaux UL!!!

Z
    Z, we did not have Mbamalu at JSU and he was just getting acclimated to being back with the team in the other two disappointments you listed. If he is healthy all year, we may have won all three of those you mentioned as he is the team leader. He has become one of my favorite Cajuns of all time as he represents this university with class on and off the court.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: LOUISIANA vs GEORGIA STATE-12:00 PM-ESPN2

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Z, we did not have Mbamalu at JSU and he was just getting acclimated to being back with the team in the other two disappointments you listed. If he is healthy all year, we may have won all three of those you mentioned as he is the team leader. He has become one of my favorite Cajuns of all time as he represents this university with class on and off the court.
    That's a huge point to be made. Mbamalu getting healthy and returning to the floor was massive. And his maturity (and serious floor skills) is a big, big part of it.

It's tough being a 14 seed, but this group is way, way better than they were to start the season. I'd be scared to face them in the opening round. even with McBuckets.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst . 8 15 16 17 18

Thread Information