Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana (82) vs Georgia State (81)

Quote Originally Posted by jhaan79 View Post
    well as long as we don't lay an egg like we did in '05 and this year's team plays hard I'll be happy!
    ??? Lay an egg? I wouldn't call taking final four Louisville to the wire w/o O. Greene laying an egg.

Default Re: LOUISIANA vs GEORGIA STATE-12:00 PM-ESPN2

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    On top of all of this, the ESPN announcers called us LOUISIANA the entire game. They weren't bias towards GaState at all, they were actually singing our praises quite a bit. Not sure why so many here feel we were slighted by the broadcasters… I think they did a great job.
    I thought they were throwing the Lafayette around earlier in the game and then quit, but I did think that they slanted toward Ga St on the broadcast

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    ??? Lay an egg? I wouldn't call taking final four Louisville to the wire w/o O. Greene laying an egg.
    My apologies. Knew I meant '04 but typed '05 instead! '05 was definitely a great effort!

I just had an interesting encounter. Right after the game I grabbed a beer and went out to hotel pool area to read the post game RP comments. Of course I was wearing a UL shirt. I was there about 2 minutes when a guy stops by and mentions he played basketball at USL in the 80's. He introduces himself, Sam Sheppard and I tell him about the tournament. We talked for about 20 minutes about the games at Blackham, Marty Fletcher, & several other things. It was just a cool coincidence.

5. UL Basketball Re: LOUISIANA vs GEORGIA STATE-12:00 PM-ESPN2

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    I thought they were throwing the Lafayette around earlier in the game and then quit, but I did think that they slanted toward Ga St on the broadcast
    The announcers used Louisiana from the first, and only UL Lafayette to identify he official name a couple of times. They gushed on both teams. I think they had to gush on Harrow who took over the second half. In the end the master took over the game.

Congrats to EP, Long, Rimmer, Mbamalu, for huge games at the right moments. And JJ you continue to amaze.

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana (82) vs Georgia State (81)

I thought the announcers did a good job. I've heard others do worse. I'd like to know what Jay's call sounded like. Was anyone listing to the radio broadcast?

Yes I was listening. I thought Jay was going to have a heart attack . . . right along with me. The radio feed was about 10 seconds ahead of TV so I listened to Jay call the play and then watch it. The last 20 seconds I shut off the TV, closed my eyes and let Jay bring it home. Jay called a great game.

I thought the announcers did a very good job. Probably less than a half dozen UL Lafayette's thrown in with 1 Lafayette, the rest was Louisiana. They started the game using Louisiana until they came out to the first in game break and went with a couple of UL Lafayette. They called the WKU game from Lafayette earlier this year. I thought it was a balanced game in the way they called it, even with Harrow taking over a big chunk of the 2nd half. As an ex-athletes dad, I could relate to what they were saying about Harrow's dad etc.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    ... and now we do have 20 Division I wins.

Brian
    Thank you. Yes we do.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by IdeaL View Post
    Nice! Suck it, Skank. You too, Karl,

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    The Cajuns just beat a great team with great players. Would not be as good if we beat an average team.Bob Marlin I apologize, your boys have arrived, no more tomorrows.

Jerry LaFleur

Wondering what Ramon's mom is saying, and the AAU mafia?

Wondering what is going on at LTU@RusTON?
    Nice, Jerry! LOL

Z

The selection show is on CBS. We've got a shot at being "Louisiana". Fingers crossed.

What network is that tv picture from??? CBS or espn?

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    What network is that tv picture from??? CBS or espn?
    Hahahhaha is that a serious question

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread Information