Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2008 UL Football Ticket Blitz

1. UL Football 2008 UL Football Ticket Blitz

UL - Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns senior associate athletic director Scott Farmer announced the 2008 Football Season Ticket Blitz will begin on Thursday, July 24 at 6 p.m. and will end on July 31 at 6 p.m.

The 100 volunteers for the blitz will be divided into 10 teams consisting athletic staff, boosters and lifelong fans. Each team will be led by one of the Cajuns’ football coaches.

Those teams will spend the next week going out into the community, competing to sale the most seaon tickets.

"We are excited about our football program and the season that lies ahead," said Farmer. "We want to show the community some of the commitment we've made and expose people to what we have to offer.

We feel like we can sale more tickets than any team in the Sun Belt Conference because we have the best fans in the league."

For more information, contact UL's ticket office at (337) 265-2100.

RaginCajuns.com

Default Re: 2008 UL Football Ticket Blitz

I attended the football ticket blitz kickoff last night. Also in attendance were a couple of other folks who participate on this forum. A major point of emphasis in this campaign is the group sales aspect aimed at businesses. To recap, 25 season tickets can be had for $1000 ($8/game per ticket). Companies can supply these to employees/customers etc. They also have the option to donate the tickets back to the university. The university can then distribute them to charity (scouts/schools/Boy Scotts etc.). The company can then claim a tax deduction. You do not have to be an Acadiana business to participate. If you are a business owner in Houston who wants to help the Cajuns, here is an opportunity to do so while also allowing the underprivileged to attend. Tickets are the general admission variety which is open seating in the upper deck. You can also buy group tickets (25 minimum) for an individual game at $10/ticket or $250 total. If anyone is interested in participating in this, please email your contact info to me at cajunsmike@cox.net. I will call anyone who indicates interest promptly. If you know of someone besides yourself who is interested, encourage them to contact me. Finally, I request the others who attended to post other points addressed last night.

Mike Hebert
    cajunsmike@cox.net

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ I attended the football ticket blitz kickoff last night. Also in attendance were a couple of other folks who participate on this forum. A major point of emphasis in this campaign is the group sales aspect aimed at businesses. To recap, 25 season tickets can be had for $1000 ($8/game per ticket). Companies can supply these to employees/customers etc. They also have the option to donate the tickets back to the university. The university can then distribute them to charity (scouts/schools/Boy Scotts etc.). The company can then claim a tax deduction. You do not have to be an Acadiana business to participate. If you are a business owner in Houston who wants to help the Cajuns, here is an opportunity to do so while also allowing the underprivileged to attend. Tickets are the general admission variety which is open seating in the upper deck. You can also buy group tickets (25 minimum) for an individual game at $10/ticket or $250 total. If anyone is interested in participating in this, please email your contact info to me at cajunsmike@cox.net. I will call anyone who indicates interest promptly. If you know of someone besides yourself who is interested, encourage them to contact me. Finally, I request the others who attended to post other points addressed last night.

Mike Hebert
    cajunsmike@cox.net _
    I guess this was Scott's plan to lead the Sunbelt in season ticket sales. Steal the season tickets from the guys who have had season tickets for years and sell them as general admission bundles for cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I guess this was Scott's plan to lead the Sunbelt in season ticket sales. Steal the season tickets from the guys who have had season tickets for years and sell them as general admission bundles for cheap. _
    This reminds me a little of the cities that have appropriated people's property in order to build fancy "upscale" development in its place. Hard feelings aside, if we break our all time season ticket sales record and top everyone in La (outside LaState) and our conference mates then we can say it was for the overall good of the program.

whatever gets butts in the seats

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ This reminds me a little of the cities that have appropriated people's property in order to build fancy "upscale" development in its place. Hard feelings aside, if we break our all time season ticket sales record and top everyone in La (outside LaState) and our conference mates then we can say it was for the overall good of the program. _
    I agree we will shatter our season ticket sales record, we we better or some fans will be very ____ed. I am not saying what was done was a bad idea, but the way it went down was crappy. No warning to the guys who had season tickets in those sections were given. Just think if they would have done this to the ower level bleacher seats that are reserved for season tickets what kind of reactin they would have recieved.

The lower chairbacks come with a extra $100.00 a seat as all priority seating. I would guess the seats taken had no fee attached.

CC

Ragin' Cajuns Re: 2008 UL Football Ticket Blitz

Quote Originally Posted by CajunConnection View Post
    _ The lower chairbacks come with a extra $100.00 a seat as all priority seating. I would guess the seats taken had no fee attached.

CC _
    That would be correct. Then again, how is that significant??? Are you implying that someone who pays more for seats should be more important as a fan to THIS program, one that rarely sells out? If so, I suggest that the school to the East is a better fit for you.

TO A MAN, every ticket holder who was stripped that I spoke to would have gladly paid more to keep his seats. The opportunity to do so was NEVER offered, though it was suggested to the folks in charge several times by several different people. Nor were those people offered an upgrade either before or after being shafted.

If anyone is interested in participating in this, please email your contact info to me at cajunsmike@cox.net. I will call anyone who indicates interest promptly. If you know of someone besides yourself who is interested, encourage them to contact me. Mike Hebert
    cajunsmike@cox.net
    kudo's to you mike... and way to use all tools available (you using this board).. as i was reading last night that our coaches were team leaders.. i wondered why or if they had already (checked phone, no) again i wondered why none have contacted me to help "their" team get the word out? (smiles) wondering if they have contacted any other "radio hosts" ?

and on a side note.. good to see our coaches not using that "well known" phrase.. "not my j.o.b. to get butts in the seats " ..

ps. am i to guess from reading this thread.. there are no longer the upper-deck season ticket seats? whoaa..

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ I agree we will shatter our season ticket sales record, we we better or some fans will be very ____ed. I am not saying what was done was a bad idea, but the way it went down was crappy. No warning to the guys who had season tickets in those sections were given. Just think if they would have done this to the ower level bleacher seats that are reserved for season tickets what kind of reactin they would have recieved. _
    I am sure as heck not defending anything about the way it was handled.

Quote Originally Posted by snote View Post
    _ kudo's to you mike... and way to use all tools available (you using this board).. as i was reading last night that our coaches were team leaders.. i wondered why or if they had already (checked phone, no) again i wondered why none have contacted me to help "their" team get the word out? (smiles) wondering if they have contacted any other "radio hosts" ?

and on a side note.. good to see our coaches not using that "well known" phrase.. "not my j.o.b. to get butts in the seats " ..

ps. am i to guess from reading this thread.. there are no longer the upper-deck season ticket seats? whoaa.. _
    Anyone can buy upper deck season tickets. The change is that the only reserved seating up there is the chairbacks. Some who had reserved tickets up there in the past did renew while others did not. I agree their should have been more notice given to the people it affected. Despite that, I am still hopeful for a successful drive. I don't know why coaches have not called you on this. Perhaps you could call one of them. I know this is not your job, but we would appreciate it.

12. Default Re: 2008 UL Football Ticket Blitz

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    _ That would be correct. Then again, how is that significant??? Are you implying that someone who pays more for seats should be more important as a fan to THIS program, one that rarely sells out? If so, I suggest that the school to the East is a better fit for you.

TO A MAN, every ticket holder who was stripped that I spoke to would have gladly paid more to keep his seats. The opportunity to do so was NEVER offered, though it was suggested to the folks in charge several times by several different people. Nor were those people offered an upgrade either before or after being shafted. _
    Whoa. Wait a minute. Every season tickets holder is sent a Renewal Form PLENTY EARLY enough, I believe around April. It states explicitly on the form "If you do not renew by this date [....], your tickets will be released to the general public."

As far as I understand, if you renew, your seats are yours. If you don't, even if you have sat there the past 10 years, they are available. Sorry, but I don't feel bad for anybody that is complaining about UL offering their seats to other people when they didn't take the time to renew.

And the $100 charge for the lower chairbacks has nothing to do with having your seat guaranteed. So I imagine the Blitz offered all available seats, chairbacks and non-chairbacks. The $100 charge goes to the program.

Like I said, this is my understanding.

Good point about renewing early. All seats are sold if not renewed on time. Hard to believe if someone makes a comment some are ready to ship you to Baton Rouge.

CC

Track & Field Re: 2008 UL Football Ticket Blitz

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCherokee View Post
    _ Whoa. Wait a minute. Every season tickets holder is sent a Renewal Form PLENTY EARLY enough, I believe around April. It states explicitly on the form "If you do not renew by this date [....], your tickets will be released to the general public."

As far as I understand, if you renew, your seats are yours. If you don't, even if you have sat there the past 10 years, they are available. Sorry, but I don't feel bad for anybody that is complaining about UL offering their seats to other people when they didn't take the time to renew.

And the $100 charge for the lower chairbacks has nothing to do with having your seat guaranteed. So I imagine the Blitz offered all available seats, chairbacks and non-chairbacks. The $100 charge goes to the program.

Like I said, this is my understanding. _
    If you had season tickets in the upper deck, you could still by season tickets but they were general admission for the upper deck no reserved seats. I had seats on the 50 yard line in the second row for 6 years. They sent the renewals with no mention of them being general admission except for where your seat designation usually was was aa -gg with no seat numbers. So they wanted to charge the same prices and make my tickets general admission to the upper deck. They did not ask, consult or get in touch these ticket holders. The reasoning was that they wanted everyone to enjoy my seats that I had paid for the last 6 seasons so that in the future when they chairback these seats the new comers would want to pay for season tickets these seats. We were told that if we kept the tickets it would reserve our seats for these chairbacks.
    Well, I told them no thank you. They ended up losing eight season tickets in my group of friends, most of who I had recruited to buy season tickets. The athletic department stated that there were only 100 season ticket holders up there so they did not feel the need to honor our seat assignment.

Anyone can buy upper deck season tickets. The change is that the only reserved seating up there is the chairbacks. Some who had reserved tickets up there in the past did renew while others did not. I agree their should have been more notice given to the people it affected. Despite that, I am still hopeful for a successful drive. I don't know why coaches have not called you on this. Perhaps you could call one of them. I know this is not your job, but we would appreciate it.
    i spoke to that issue in that if i called one, then another would say, "why didn't you call me" i am staying neutral in the contest.. not playing favorites.. i'll join the 1st team that asks

(grins) ... heard your call while riding around to the b eye show with scotty.. again..good j.o.b. using all angles to help your team win - then again am i too assume you made your "show" choice ( chuckling) ''''' before i got home, i did hear scott bring up the blitz again.. but he didn't give your contact details though.. said to contact scott or john .... oh, oh .. wrong choice for your radio team ?? (big smiles)

pss. of course we are all on the same team of selling the most season tickets.. etc etc etc
    although, as i understand it .. this is a contest between 10 teams to sell the most and win prizes .. which ends on the 31st of this month .. then we come together.. and count the bounty

psss. again i whoaa.... and my thoughts go out to those upper level guys ala crawfish61's story

from an un-drafted radio show.. (tee-hee)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information