Page 46 of 63 FirstFirst . 36 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 56 . LastLast

Thread: A little closer view.

Default Re: Construction 7/7/2014

Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux View Post
    It'll get done. They'll work 24 hour shifts if they have to.
    I really never doubted they would make it. The stadium portion is essentially complete. All they have to do now is install the seating which shouldn't take too long and other minor work. My main concern all along was the concession/restroom buildings. They did start in early May which was a good thing. I would suspect that they should make it but they will have to hustle and hope we don't get a hurricane between now and then.

I do see that they are digging areas of the parking lot and tailgating areas. I would hope that they backfill properly or some of the tailgate spots will have some serious trench settlement.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I really never doubted they would make it. The stadium portion is essentially complete. All they have to do now is install the seating which shouldn't take too long and other minor work. My main concern all along was the concession/restroom buildings. They did start in early May which was a good thing. I would suspect that they should make it but they will have to hustle and hope we don't get a hurricane between now and then.

I do see that they are digging areas of the parking lot and tailgating areas. I would hope that they backfill properly or some of the tailgate spots will have some serious trench settlement.
    I talked to one of the workers, who is also a RP poster, and he said that all that work should be complete. Installing electrical outlet for RV'sAlso here is a picture of what looks like to be special seating. If you look in the center you can see cut out in the concrete. I think that will be steps going down to a lower section of seats with hand rails around it. There are boxes of what look like railing under the overhang behind the lower deck seating.

I talked to one of the workers, who is also a RP poster, and he said that all that work should be complete.
    Where are you mystery worker?? Please come forth.

Does anyone know what the plan is for the structures over the concession/bathrooms? Is it going to be bricked or painted?

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    It looks like some special seating. Just don't know what for. If I can get one of the guys working in that area I will see if he might know what it will beIt would be nice if Guidry comes up with something special there. Knowing the Guidry family and what they create it could be real special if that is what they plan.
    I think that will be the stage where J1M does his special game-themed thong dance at the start of the fourth quarter of each game. The Saints and the SuperDome had Mousey, UL and CajunField will have J1M.

Just saw pictures on facebook of them working on replacing the video board.

I hope they change the speaker box too. It's starting to look a little rough.

i'm sorry frenchie, but youre gonna have to stay out there day and night and take a snap shot of the scoreboard every 15 seconds and replace the previous image. I feel like we will "see" alot more progress watching the board come down than we will the inner workings of the concession/restrooms.

Brockthat is most beautiful picture I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by dms4720 View Post
    i'm sorry frenchie, but youre gonna have to stay out there day and night and take a snap shot of the scoreboard every 15 seconds and replace the previous image. I feel like we will "see" alot more progress watching the board come down than we will the inner workings of the concession/restrooms.
    Contractors can't build Frenchie a little temporary shack? Could eventually be turned into a football suite to sell. Thanks again Frenchie for all the updates.

Quote Originally Posted by dms4720 View Post
    Yea, I guess so. I will bring a tent and sleeping bag just to keep your mouth watering for the next installment of picturesLucky I live walking (Golf Cart) distance to the field.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Brockthat is most beautiful picture I have ever seen.
    Them taking down the ads around it really brings home exactly how tiny and terrible that screen was.

Wouldn't mind having a scoreboard construction/teardown cam as we did for The Tigue. Or turn the current construction cam towards the scoreboard. This scoreboard coming down is a pretty big deal too. DUAL CAMS!!!

Players are going to be so pumped coming into a packed stadium through the tunnel on that first game against Southern seeing the new scoreboard and the new endzone. It's going to be crazy.

Page 46 of 63 FirstFirst . 36 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 56 . LastLast

Thread Information