Page 42 of 63 FirstFirst . 32 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 52 . LastLast

Thread: A little closer view.

Default Re: Construction 6/19/2014 @ 11: AM

Again thanks for the pics!

Default Re: Construction 6/19/2014 @ 11: AM

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    I don't see it happening this season, maybe next. The board they are talking about will take sometime to install. So if they plan having it for this season they better start tomorrow. Then again, the article said this fall.
    They installed the new baseball scoreboard/video screen in 1 week. I don't see any reason the new football video board would take any longer than 2 weeks tops. The structure is already in place. All they have to do is tear down the old panels and such to make room for the new video screens. It really won't take that long.

Default Contruction 6/23/2014 @ 10:30 AM

You can speculate what's being done. The wall of the concession and restrooms are going up on the SW corner building. Same like they are making several sections for the handicap. Digging up the SW corner of the seating area. What reason, don't know. Must have been some late changes in the plans. But here you are. You be the judge of the outcome here:

And for those who want to know how they were going to dress up all those beams. Maybe this is the answer:

Default Re: Contruction 6/23/2014 @ 10:30 AM

My hope.hilariously huge recliners being put in. That would be super comfy.

5. Default Re: Contruction 6/23/2014 @ 10:30 AM

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    My hope.hilariously huge recliners being put in. That would be super comfy.
    ---Man I hope somebody has some "Before" pics!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Probably have about 30+ years worth.

Boomer, you know this is really not happening, per your people up in Rust on? Must just be our imagination. Or perhaps it's seperation?

How is this.?

I'd love to see the whole stadium with a red brick theme like we see all over campus. It is UL signature look.

10. Default Re: Contruction 6/23/2014 @ 10:30 AM

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Boomer, you know this is really not happening, per your people up in Rust on? Must just be our imagination. Or perhaps it's seperation?
    ----My people---Beau please I think you are suffering memory loss---that is another topic that I called with their and Tulane's new conferences----I was the voice crying in the wilderness of this board ---and I was correct!!! Wish I had all those posts of telling me that they would never get to that level!!!

11. Default Re: Contruction 6/23/2014 @ 10:30 AM

Quote Originally Posted by locoguano View Post
    I'd love to see the whole stadium with a red brick theme like we see all over campus. It is UL signature look.
    YES!!!

12. Default Re: Contruction 6/23/2014 @ 10:30 AM

Thanks Frenchie --makes one appreciate what is happening and in a hurry!!!

Looking at the front of the end zone restroom and concession buildings, one can only hope that they dress it up in some way to eliminate it looking like some lean-to on some outskirt farm. Using cinder blocks is OK, but the red brick would have been better but I guess more costly. Some elaborate structure unique to UL in the tunnel entrance other than a camera platform might enhance the whole project. I would love to see what they have in mind for this. Maybe, just maybe I can get the boss on the job to enlighten me with the plans and pass it on.as you can see by my avatar I am always hard at work

14. Default Re: Contruction 6/23/2014 @ 10:30 AM

Looking at the front of the end zone restroom and concession buildings, one can only hope that they dress it up in some way to eliminate it looking like some lean-to on some outskirt farm. Using cinder blocks is OK, but the red brick would have been better but I guess more costly. Some elaborate structure unique to UL in the tunnel entrance other than a camera platform might enhance the whole project. I would love to see what they have in mind for this. Maybe, just maybe I can get the boss on the job to enlighten me with the plans and pass it on.as you can see by my avatar I am always hard at work
    With all the architects hired, I will be disappointed if it ends up looking like an afterthought.

From Congress I see room for advertising or messages. "Get in the Game"

UL Baseball Re: A gathering of suits in front of baseball stadium.

Now guys, I am not saying they were there for the purpose of getting any renovation started. I just saw them standing there looking around. They might have been looking at getting started with the process of pressure washing the whole thingare where they going for lunchshould have taken a picture of them
    I don't wear suits especially outside when discussing pressure washing the stadiums!

Page 42 of 63 FirstFirst . 32 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 52 . LastLast

Thread Information