Page 41 of 63 FirstFirst . 31 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 51 . LastLast

Thread: A little closer view.

Default Re: Construction 6/19/2014 @ 11: AM

How about one big cowbell? You can never have enough cowbell.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    How about one big cowbell? You can never have enough cowbell.
    We already have a bell, it sounds on 3rd downs.

Quote Originally Posted by cb089 View Post
    Look at that crowd! That is intense!

4. UL Football Re: Construction 6/19/2014 @ 11: AM

I've kept up with the process of LSU's expansion project, I think it took around a week or two for each of their screens to go up and I would imagine that's a more labor intensive process compared to the one we're putting up.

We already know it took them just a few days to get rid of the non-functioning scoreboard. Its not a huge undertaking to get the new video board up in a few weeks.

ETA: Tech's went up in 2009 and I want to say it took just over a month for that project.
    I do not think it will be a major undertaking because according to the e-mail the score board will fit into the current frame. No new pillions, sits on same footprint. The screen will be wider like the current HD set ups. The board will be able to show multiple screens for sponsors, and individual plays or one big shot of the game or replays. My son, and Ellis Who mistake, says that the LSU scoreboard does a similar thing, way too many sponsors not enough highlights, and other game shots

I've kept up with the process of LSU's expansion project, I think it took around a week or two for each of their screens to go up and I would imagine that's a more labor intensive process compared to the one we're putting up.

We already know it took them just a few days to get rid of the non-functioning scoreboard. Its not a huge undertaking to get the new video board up in a few weeks.

ETA: Tech's went up in 2009 and I want to say it took just over a month for that project.
    From what I read in the RCAF e-mail the new scorboard will be placed on the framework of the old scoreboard. So it should not take that long to install. I would give a week to prepare the old framework, and about two weeks to install. The hard part will be to train the scoreboard operator. I would think they would have somebody here to help for the first couple of games.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    From what I read in the RCAF e-mail the new scorboard will be placed on the framework of the old scoreboard. So it should not take that long to install. I would give a week to prepare the old framework, and about two weeks to install. The hard part will be to train the scoreboard operator. I would think they would have somebody here to help for the first couple of games.
    Matt Hicks can do it when he's not studying teeth right?

On the bell, if I remember correctly there use to be a bell at McNaspy or Cajun Field and it was stolen by some SLU students and now is at their stadium in concrete. The other version that could be correct is that we stole it from SLU and when they got it back they placed it in concrete. I am pretty sure the first story is the one I was told as a pledge. It has been over 30 years but I will try and verify the story.

I am wondering if that center section will be a Camera Station. I remember the teams usually video from the endzone angle.

Black jack Landry statue

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    I don't see it happening this season, maybe next. The board they are talking about will take sometime to install. So if they plan having it for this season they better start tomorrow. Then again, the article said this fall.
    Baseball scoreboard is half the size, but still quite large and they got it installed in 2 weeks before the conference tournament last year. It'll be done before the season per previous info given

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    Baseball scoreboard is half the size, but still quite large and they got it installed in 2 weeks before the conference tournament last year. It'll be done before the season per previous info given
    Since the speakers are in the old scoreboard do we know if we are going to recycle them or get real sound system?

A new sound system will be installed.

13. Default Re: Construction 6/19/2014 @ 11: AM

Quote Originally Posted by Yep View Post
    A new sound system will be installed.
    Is it a coincidence that stalled is embedded in that word?

Old scoreboard should be coming down beginning of July. New board should be up by early August. A tower of some sort will be built between the new concessions. It will have some type of camera deck.

15. Default

It all looks awesome!

Page 41 of 63 FirstFirst . 31 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 51 . LastLast

Thread Information