Page 40 of 63 FirstFirst . 30 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 50 . LastLast

Thread: A little closer view.

Default Re: Construction 6/19/2014 @ 11: AM

Quote Originally Posted by ulforlife View Post
    Actually I remember the rendering having a bell there. maybe you knew this too and that's what you meant
    I remember seeing a bell of sorts too. My reasoning for the bell in post #10 was just food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I remember seeing a bell of sorts too. My reasoning for the bell in post #10 was just food for thought.
    I think Clemson has a bell on their hill??

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Starting to put up the walls:

The area at the top will be four sections for handicap: After they are in place they will extend the seating next to them.

Thanks for the pics as always. Looking great!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Do you know when the old scoreboard will be torn down and the new up erected?
    I don't see it happening this season, maybe next. The board they are talking about will take sometime to install. So if they plan having it for this season they better start tomorrow. Then again, the article said this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    No Bell, just Howard's Rock. UNC@Chapel Hill has a very tall bell tower that looks out over the stadium that rings during games.

Can we sponsor a toilet or latrene in the new men's room? Each sponsored toilet comes with a bell situated within an adults arm length above said toilet. Rings as soon as the flush begins.

Your pictures are great Frenchie, I always look forward to new ones.

One thing I noticed, besides the 4 areas you pointed out for the handicap space (opened towards the restroom/concession area), there are 2 additional spaces to right, on the SW corner, that looks to be in opposite configuration, where the cordoned off area is open to the field. I'm going by the rebar positioning which looks to be there to support a concrete wall. What this "other" area is far, who knows, maybe for recruits or cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Your pictures are great Frenchie, I always look forward to new ones.

One thing I noticed, besides the 4 areas you pointed out for the handicap space (opened towards the restroom/concession area), there are 2 additional spaces to right, on the SW corner, that looks to be in opposite configuration, where the cordoned off area is open to the field. I'm going by the rebar positioning which looks to be there to support a concrete wall. What this "other" area is far, who knows, maybe for recruits or cameras.
    Speaking of Clemson, what might be neat is if we adopted the Bull Gator as a mascot given their presence on campus, we could have a Bull Gator statue guarding the entrance to The Swamp and all the players pet it as they enter the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Any word on what is going to be between the two structures
    More tailgating spots. :0)

Speaking of Clemson, what might be neat is if we adopted the Bull Gator as a mascot given their presence on campus, we could have a Bull Gator statue guarding the entrance to The Swamp and all the players pet it as they enter the stadium.
    Great idea!

Do you know when the old scoreboard will be torn down and the new up erected?
    According to the the "RCAF This Month" email I just got, it's coming in 2014.

I've kept up with the process of LSU's expansion project, I think it took around a week or two for each of their screens to go up and I would imagine that's a more labor intensive process compared to the one we're putting up.

We already know it took them just a few days to get rid of the non-functioning scoreboard. Its not a huge undertaking to get the new video board up in a few weeks.

ETA: Tech's went up in 2009 and I want to say it took just over a month for that project.

13. Default Re: Construction 6/19/2014 @ 11: AM

---Beatles---Their were Bells on the hill but I never heard them ringing!!!!!!

Not Clemson. Another school does though.

**** the bell.

We should do it right and put the cannon up there!

Cannons > Bells

Page 40 of 63 FirstFirst . 30 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 50 . LastLast

Thread Information