Page 36 of 63 FirstFirst . 26 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 46 . LastLast

Thread: A little closer view.

Default Re: A gathering of suits in front of baseball stadium.

Don't tell anyone in this athletic department to wait.for anything.ever.

This is so overdue. Get'er done.

Default Re: A little progress in Contruction 6/16/2014

I'm not worried at all. They'll have it done in time. The buildings are supposedly all prefabricated.

Also, I recently learned the builders will be responsible for compensating UL for the full cost of lost ticket revenue should it not be completed on time. So there's that.

Probably government officials investigating our players' PED abuse and illegal bats.the jig is up guys.

During the supers, we spoke with the supervisor. When we asked about it, he spoke like it was no question it would be finished.

It'd be pretty fantastic if they'd take care of all the behind-the-scenes work in the 340 or so days between now and the end of the 2015 season. Release renderings to the public. Release a dollar amount to be raised. Let everybody know that the design is final and the contractor is selected, it's board-approved, and it's going to start the day after the last pitch. You know, like an athletic facilities improvement project.

I don't see and prefab. If I understand, prefab is building off site, bringing it to location and setting it in place. All the steel and concrete blocks are on site for building purpose. They are building form the ground up above a concrete slab.

Quote Originally Posted by reddot View Post
    The five sections at the top of the stadium, that don't have seats poured, look like something more substantial will be formed there. Heard there maybe a different kind of seating at the top. Opinion?
    Handicapped seating like RH suggested makes the most sense. It would be pretty cool to turn them into a few premium reserved patio-type seating areas (even cooler if they were available to groups like, say, the Cajun Cooking Club to do their thing during the game and add some Cajun flair to the games).

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Probably government officials investigating our players' PED abuse and illegal bats.the jig is up guys.
    EPA investigating noctious roasted peanut fumes. Thanks Obama.

Now guys, I am not saying they were there for the purpose of getting any renovation started. I just saw them standing there looking around. They might have been looking at getting started with the process of pressure washing the whole thingare where they going for lunchshould have taken a picture of them

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    After further investigation, reports concluded the odors were coming from a leftover peanut butter and jelly sandwich left in the visiters bullpen from Monroe's visit. The sandwich was sent back to Monroe as Bruno's university's athletic programs "No Sandwich Left Behind" has been in effect since leaving the Southland Conference. Every penny counts.

Any idea if the south end zone restroom/concession area will match or somewhat tie into the east side design?

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    IRSthey know of Robe's bonus money and Hud's new contract. Looking for the customary 40%. Almost forgot a raginpagin tradition. Add !!!!!! where ever its not needed. Seeing those things (!!!!) in clusters or individually is giving me a seasick feeling reading some posts.oops, !!!!!

I don't have any inside scoop whatsoever but it looks like the restroom concessions area will be "temporary." I use quotations there because in the future, if we decide to upgrade to an upper deck in the same location they would have to tear down this area. They couldn't or wouldn't construct a cement framed structure like the home side around a metal building. They would build new concessions and restrooms. These will be nice for now. It will take a long time for us to get to that point though, obviously. They will bowl in the north end zone and put a upper deck on the east side (after the upper deck on the home side is renovated) before getting to that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    I don't see and prefab. If I understand, prefab is building off site, bringing it to location and setting it in place. All the steel and concrete blocks are on site for building purpose. They are building form the ground up above a concrete slab.
    The restroom and concession stand are are PRE-ENGINEERED with PREFABRCATED components. They are putting those components up right now.

Page 36 of 63 FirstFirst . 26 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 46 . LastLast

Thread Information