Page 20 of 63 FirstFirst . 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 30 . LastLast

Thread: A little closer view.

Default Re: Why is the Construction Cam Stuck on April 30th?

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Why can't we have a camera that plays live instead of every 15 seconds
    One, its not really necessary. Two, I figure it probably takes up a lot less bandwidth to film tape delay as opposed to a live camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun_in_NM View Post
    I spoke with a school representative, and he said that the discovered the fiber line was cut on Wednesday, due to the construction. They weren't made aware until Friday, and are working on it right now. They are looking to have an alternative internet connection set up in the press box, and once they get that figured out, we'll be live again. Just thought I'd give an update.
    They should talk to Frechie or assign a reader to rpagin

Default Re: Construction 5/5/2014 @ 1:30 PM

Quote Originally Posted by dms4720 View Post
    i hope this helps to clarify my question.

whats going where the black arrows are??

the new bulkhead on the home side which is next to the existing bulkhead is at a completely different slope, thats the only reason im asking.
    What you are showing as a new concrete bulkhead is actually part of the old part of the stadium. What I think is going to happen between the bulkhead on the existing stadium and the end of form for seating is going to be a transition zone. this is to transition between the slope of the old stadium and the slope of the new stadium. I think this will be a no mans land or seating because there is no way they will be able to connect old and new and meet codes. If you will notice there are three exposed rebar in a horse shoe shape next to the end of form for seating. this rebar is for a step. That means they will have an aisle at this location. The space between the aisle and the existing stadium may have seating but the bulk head and fence will remain.

Boy, those pictures sure say a lothell I'm even learning something.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Boy, those pictures sure say a lothell I'm even learning something.
    Between your pictures & Helmut's commentary I know I sure am learning. Thank you both for your time & effort.

Helmet, that bulkhead is newly poured

Quote Originally Posted by dms4720 View Post
    Helmet, that bulkhead is newly poured
    You are right. If you go back to some of my earlier pictures you can see the old bulkhead behind the new one. What you see here is a new pour done Friday. That is why I am asking the question, why didn't they continue the seating to the bulkhead or at least have steps coming down next to the bulkhead. If you notice the area after the seats are not the same width. Narrow at the bottom. I think all these questions will be answered soon

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    You are right. If you go back to some of my earlier pictures you can see the old bulkhead behind the new one. What you see here is a new pour done Friday. That is why I am asking the question, why didn't they continue the seating to the bulkhead or at least have steps coming down next to the bulkhead. If you notice the area after the seats are not the same width. Narrow at the bottom. I think all these questions will be answered soon
    I did not realize that there was a new bulkhead. Regardless, I would think they are going to place seats in the area between the new bulkhead and the new aisle. They will probably do that last because each row will be different (as opposed to each row they are placing now being the same). This would be time consuming work which will be done last in order to get the vast majority of the work completed.

Default Construction 5/6/2014 @ 12: noon

Here is a shot of the area in question, why not butt the seats next to the new bulk head? Also a shot on the home side where the seats are up to the new bulk head.

Is this the end of COX

New pour this morning:

Default Re: Construction 5/6/2014 @ 12: noon

The second photo shows everything you need to know. You can see that the first row of seats in the new section is higher than the first row of seats in the old section. The upper part of the bulkhead is matching the existing stadium. That means the slope of the new section is less than the slope of the old section. They are also connecting to the old section of the press box side with a full module. There is not a full module on the student side. They will eventually place seats in this area but they will do it later. This section is not modular and will require cutting the forms for each row of seats. Because they will need to cut (or modify) the forms they won't want to do this until they are finsished with all the rest of the seating that does not require cutting or modification. This section will look somewhat odd but that's about all they can do. It is what it is. THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF HOW A FINAL PLAN CAN DIFFER SUBSTANTIALLY FROM A CONCEPTUAL PLAN. This is a very big detail that they could not have known about when they did the conceptual plan.

Now that I have been able to see these photos I can better understand what is going on. Thanks Frenchie. Do you know the name of the Lemoine Superintendent?

No, but I will ask when I visit the next time

Great picsI'm curious about why they are breaking up concrete around the Cox Building? I thought they weren't doing anything with it until the new Admin offices were built in the new press box build of phase II?

I always wondered why they repainted the concrete facade in front on the Cox Communications building to that creme color, since it doesn't match anything else on the campus. Maybe that was the only paint the donor had?

Won't matter, soon that building will be a goner.

Frenchie, you're the man!

My understanding by what the Lemoine Superintendent told me was that when they complete the end zone seating and restroom and concession they would start on the Student Athletic Center. After that was completed they would move out the Cox building then bring it down. This is all phase I. Phase II is the press box and suites.The word out his mouth was"After we get through with this they are suppose to build a large building over there" He did not know what it was suppose to be, and I didn't tell him what it was. He only new that that was the next project

Page 20 of 63 FirstFirst . 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 30 . LastLast

Thread Information