Page 12 of 63 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 . LastLast

Thread: A little closer view.

Default Re: Not much, but a better few

Wow! This work is coming along very nicely. Now the question is where are we going send 10,000 more people to the bathroom & what is the solution for vending?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Wow! This work is coming along very nicely. Now the question is where are we going send 10,000 more people to the bathroom & what is the solution for vending?
    The two buildings they are going to build at the top of the hill are for additional rest room facilities and concession stands. They need to get started on this pretty soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    This is a pic that was recently posted of what the new restroom area would look like
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Will the 2 buildings with restrooms and concessions be complete for the season opener?

Default Construction Pictures 4/24/2014 @ 3:30 PM

Talked to the crew working on the re-barb. They said that the forms will be moved up tomorrow and poured afternoon. As they come up it will take a little longer because of the distance as they move up. I asked him if they will pour Saturday for the next section and he said tomorrowwe will see.

Student Side.

Default Re: Construction Pictures 4/24/2014 @ 3:30 PM

helmut,
    any idea how they plan on tying into the existin student side. they dont need a stair well right there because the section ends with one. I know the home side doesnt have a stair well at the end of the section.

Great photos Frenchie, much appreciated.

We need to tear those advertisements out around the field and brick that wall, or perhaps put some padding similar to the baseball field backstops.

Additionally it's a shame they ever painted all that concrete. I don't know what they were thinking, natural concrete is beautiful, to me at least.

Quote Originally Posted by ulforlife View Post

We need to tear those advertisements out around the field and brick that wall, or perhaps put some padding similar to the baseball field backstops.
    I agree. They look terrible.

9. Default Re: Construction Pictures 4/24/2014 @ 3:30 PM

Did you and Helmut ever decide exactly how many rows?? I see where the stairs go down to so is that the level for the seats??? Guess a hurricane fence at the bottom or rails???

10. Default Re: Construction Pictures 4/24/2014 @ 3:30 PM

Quote Originally Posted by ulforlife View Post

Additionally it's a shame they ever painted all that concrete. I don't know what they were thinking, natural concrete is beautiful, to me at least.
    ---Remember when the days of pressure washing the stadium was a huge topic??? Got to give the folks some credit cause the cement really does look so much better---So we get some Ad money from the signage---should we do away with it???

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---Remember when the days of pressure washing the stadium was a huge topic??? Got to give the folks some credit cause the cement really does look so much better---So we get some Ad money from the signage---should we do away with it???
    I surely do remember those days, and I believe since the pressure washing was done some of the grandstand/pressbox was painted a natural concrete color. I suppose that's about all you can do with the areas that are painted red or black. I am not certain the color can be completely removed (without damaging the finish of the concrete).

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Wonder how much we get for them? Seems like they could find other places for them it seems a little tacky where they are, but I supposed they can be seen on tv this way. I do like the idea of brick or even hedges to help clean up the look a bit. JMO.

13. Default Re: Construction Pictures 4/24/2014 @ 3:30 PM

A brick finish would look much less ametuerish. Always thought the advertisement signs made Cajun Field look like a high school venue.

I'm sure if someone wants to cut a check for the bricks and the money we would lose from advertising the athletic department would be all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by dms4720 View Post
    helmut,
    any idea how they plan on tying into the existin student side. they dont need a stair well right there because the section ends with one. I know the home side doesnt have a stair well at the end of the section.
    It appears that there is a gap between existing stadium and new work. I'm thinking that is because the codes have changed relative to the pitch (or spacing) between seats. How they plan on doing that I don't know but it would have had to have been addressed. I'm thinking there will be some form of transition between the two which will involve a fence to partition old from new as the transition surely would not meet current codes. I would like to get time to get out there but I am pretty busy right now.

Page 12 of 63 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 . LastLast

Thread Information