Page 7 of 63 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 . LastLast

Thread: A little closer view.

Default Re: Construction, 4/2/14

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    So, the cover on the pump station will stay like it is?.
    They have access to the pump room form the tunnel. If a pump needed to be replace they could have built a bigger access in the tunnel wall. Not that they will need the extra seating above the pumps, but it would look better with seating there. Than maybe they will have it covered with seatsFrom the construction camera it looks like they might be nearing an end to the dirt work.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    From the construction camera it looks like they might be nearing an end to the dirt work.
    Well that's good. I was afraid they would find the plaque.

Is it just me. I find it strange that they level it then they start digging more trenches

4. Default Re: Construction, 4/2/14

Is it just me. I find it strange that they level it then they start digging more trenches
    hey Frenchie----I mentioned on here the poster on the fence with what the end zone project could look like---Could you get a picture of it to put on here---if it looks like this I will be happy but I couldn't see what the rest rooms or the concessions looked like!!!

This is what you want Boom??????

More leveling.

Rebar ready

I can see Boomer on the field with his gray beard and beret. You see yourself in the future Boom?

7. Default Re: Construction, 4/2/14

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    I can see Boomer on the field with his gray beard and beret. You see yourself in the future Boom?
    Yea man---Looks so good but I would love to know what the buildings are---like what is rest rooms and what are concessions and why a gate except for maybe recruits and families to enter through----It would be so cool if Helmut could get a copy of the plans and take us through them----I know that we can't vote in Vermilion Saturday but just wondering what will be decided???

Seats cover the pump station in the rendering

This is what you want Boom??????

More leveling.

Rebar ready

Holy reinforced steel structure Batman! is that some type of seating rebar for Cajun Field I see in this picutre. Forgive my vulagarity CajunJeb, but I think I just busted a nut. I am really starting to believe they'll have the stadium seats ready for the end of August. Thank you Jesus.

cant wait to sit my a#s in Cajun Field this fall !!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Default Re: Construction, 4/2/14

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    I was hoping it could be hidden.
    Emergency access for Swamp Pump replacement, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Yea man---Looks so good but I would love to know what the buildings are---like what is rest rooms and what are concessions and why a gate except for maybe recruits and families to enter through----It would be so cool if Helmut could get a copy of the plans and take us through them----I know that we can't vote in Vermilion Saturday but just wondering what will be decided???
    Granted I'm only looking at the schematic design package, but I'm not seeing seats where the pump room is located.

Also there will be men's R/R, women's R/R, and concessions in each building.

Well that's a start for the rebar. They will need much more before the job is done. Every one of those bundles has a tag on it. The tag identifies the bar with a specific mark. That mark corresponds to the location for that bar. The location was determined in the design, the design needed to be approved and reviewed. The design was used to make detail drawings, the detail drawings were reviewed and approved. The detail drawings were sent to the fabricator, then the fabricator had to cut and bend each bar to the specified lengths and radii. The bars were placed into bundles and shipped to the site. This work was started last fall and now we have the first few loads of rebar on site. (I left out a few steps but you get the idea). The fabricator is probably still cutting and bending rebar for this project. Now do you understand why it takes so long. You can't just build something from a pretty picture. A pretty picture gives you none of this.

Now the fun begins, the rod busters can't start busting rods until the ground is placed to the proper grade AND everything that needs to go under the concrete is placed AND the mud bed is placed. THEN, the rod busters can get to work placing every rod in the correct location at the correct spacing with the correct tie and the correct overlap. Anybody want to go give it a try.

After the rods are tied and placed then the form work begins and the concrete is placed. Once they get it started it will go pretty quickly because the rod busters are not the form setters or the concrete finishers. The busters need to get ahead of the form setters which need to get ahead of the finishers. The first two placements will be the hardest, once they learn the routine they will be able to get in a groove.

I was involved in the construction of the Southpark and Northpark water towers. The steel tank was placed atop a hollow concrete column. The concrete was placed in 10 foot lifts. Concrete was placed in the afternoon, forms were wrecked and jumped the NEXT MORNING, it took the rest of that day and the early part of the next to tie steel and secure the forms and concrete was place that afternoon. We could get at least two jumps a week sometimes three. It was pretty exciting and dangerous work. You really had to trust the crew working over 100 feet above you not to drop a big hammer or pry bar. If they did, a hard hat wasn't going to help.

Cajunjeb is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

I am looking at the construction cam and I see darkness with white specs at 9:17am. Did the sun bypass Lafayette today?

15. Default Re: Construction, 4/2/14

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunjeb View Post
    I am looking at the construction cam and I see darkness with white specs at 9:17am. Did the sun bypass Lafayette today?
    ----no but on April 15th there is going to be a huge ___ eclipse!!! And it is going to be CAjun Red-----btw this is not a joke!!!

Page 7 of 63 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 . LastLast

Thread Information