Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst . 52 59 60 61 62 63 LastLast

Thread: A little closer view.

Default Re: Construction 7/21/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    For damn sure there will be an extra charge for the use the plug in.but it's worth it.maybe $25
    I'd pay it.but generators aren't that much of a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    The point of the RV plug ins is to allow them to camp without running generators. Don't know if the tent tailgaters will have the ability to plug into those same outlets.
    I have a family full of electricians.we will figure it out.

For damn sure there will be an extra charge for the use the plug in.but it's worth it.maybe $25
    I suspect the price of those RV spots will go up by $75 times the number of home games. But it will be worth it, since an RV running on a generator costs about $100 per weekend in gasoline.

Whether the new score board is in the old housing or not, please people, realize that it's a HELLUVA lot better than what we had. You will forget about it being an eye sore (if it may or may not be) when you don't have to squint to see a replay. My thinking is boobs are better than no boobs. I'll take what I can get.

5. Default Re: Construction 7/21/2014

Video Board has arrived:

At least that's what it says on the package:

Am I reading this right?

7 crates of screens combine to make 1 giant screen?

Seems like each crate holds more than one panel.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    You don't remember what was on it . just that you don't like it.
    The frame is OLD and as I recall there were sponsors on the back, so it wasn't attractive. Put a big LOUISIANA on top like the baseball video, repaint it, and put LOUISIANA Ragin Cajuns on the back.no sponsors. Put some lip stick on that pig.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    The frame is OLD and as I recall there were sponsors on the back, so it wasn't attractive. Put a big LOUISIANA on top like the baseball video, repaint it, and put LOUISIANA Ragin Cajuns on the back.no sponsors. Put some lip stick on that pig.
    I'd say the massive hd tv screen that will be placed there could be considered lipstick, no??

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    I'd say the massive hd tv screen that will be placed there could be considered lipstick, no??
    Of course, but what is it wrapped in? If you are putting lipstick on the pig, let's make sure the pig is clean and not straight out of the mud. Do a complete upgrade is all I am saying.

9. Default Re: Construction 7/21/2014

From what I saw earlier today. It looked to me like each crate held four panels. So I figured twenty-eight panels in all.

I'm sure that the old frame will be re-painted or made to look just as attractive as the new video board. I would imagine Daktronics will do what is necessary to ensure the new scoreboard is just that, NEW!

Thanks Frenchiehope you have a great R&R.

Any chance the RV spots out along Bertrand get power? If not now, but one day?

13. Sunbelt Re: Construction 7/21/2014

So it will be 30 x 54 and 30 is .55 of 54. This morning I checked out my big screen HD TV. The measurements were 25 x 45 and 25 is .55 of 45. So I am confident we will be getting high def quality pictures. The board will show full screen live and replay shots, and then convert to adds and such. Hope they make sure we get the good stuff before they put the adds, because I want to appreciate my sponsor. The best way he can be appreciated is to be like a good guest, know when to disappear.

14. Default Re: Construction 7/21/2014

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    So it will be 30 x 54 and 30 is .55 of 54. This morning I checked out my big screen HD TV. The measurements were 25 x 45 and 25 is .55 of 45. So I am confident we will be getting high def quality pictures. The board will show full screen live and replay shots, and then convert to adds and such. Hope they make sure we get the good stuff before they put the adds, because I want to appreciate my sponsor. The best way he can be appreciated is to be like a good guest, know when to disappear.
    ---I guess you mean ADS---but that is what pays the expenses!!! I do agree not to have too many!!!

15. UL Football Re: Construction 7/21/2014

Adds are sponsors. Yes they can leave their messages on the board forever except we expect a reasonable amount of time for the plays, otherwise why bother.

I am a total free market guy, but if a sponsor becomes a pig, then as a free market consumer I am free to tell him to F off. As I said keep your logo, run your little adds, but be sure to provide the consumer what he wants to see, and it ain't your add so do not kill the good will.

I hear the LSU board is virtually non stop advertising instead of non stop plays, and plays from other SEC games. Those sponsors are not loved by the fans.

Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst . 52 59 60 61 62 63 LastLast

Thread Information