Page 60 of 63 FirstFirst . 50 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 LastLast

Thread: A little closer view.

Default Re: Just got back from construction site:

When we built the Teurlings Stadium they were installing plumbing fixtures the Wednesday before the Friday night game. All the subs had some people on site the night of the opening game. Good thing too, because there were some plumbing problems. The fire marshal did some pre inspections and we were all good to go on Friday night.

I think they will be fine. Installing the seats should take no more than two weeks. The restrooms and concessions will be tight though. The bell tower is not a life safety item and can happen any time. If it's prefabricated then no problem. Lets see what it looks like in a month. I think you will be surprised.

Just because there aren't plenty of people working doesn't mean lack of progress. If you have too many trades trying to work in the same place they just get in each others way.

Cajunjeb is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Blame El Nino.

Weather is the only thing you can't control. The only thing the workers can do is maximize the dry forecasted days.

When is any construction project in the state of Louisiana ever finished on time? Our weather is the most unpredictable in the country. possibly in the world.

4. Default Re: Just got back from construction site:

HelmuthVII said
    " Just because there aren't plenty of people working doesn't mean lack of progress. If you have too many trades trying to work in the same place they just get in each others way."

I once was in charge of getting a 60' X 60' two story offshore living quarters built. At one time there were 11 different crafts working. They all looked busy but little getting done.

When it's LSUA&M-BR?

Quote Originally Posted by locoguano View Post
    When is any construction project in the state of Louisiana ever finished on time? Our weather is the most unpredictable in the country. possibly in the world.

6. UL Football Re: Just got back from construction site:

Yep that LSU 12K seat addition will be ready on time.

I am confident our project will be essentially finished by kickoff. I doubt it is raining inside the covered areasso

Looks like the back ends of the building won't be bricked, so that's some time saved there

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunjeb View Post
    Blame El Nino.

Weather is the only thing you can't control. The only thing the workers can do is maximize the dry forecasted days.
    Blaming El Nino is proof of the further pussification of America.

Blame El Nino.

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Yep that LSU 12K seat addition will be ready on time.

I am confident our project will be essentially finished by kickoff. I doubt it is raining inside the covered areasso
    And guess who the GC was for that job. (the same as ours)

Im confident it will get done on time

Cajunjeb is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Blaming El Nino is proof of the further pussification of America.
    Yep, it's Al Gore's fault. Did you know he created the internet?

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by locoguano View Post
    Most construction projects in south Louisiana have an alotted amount of "rain days" in the schedule that usually match the trends for this time of year. Large projects that span numerous months can't use the excuse legitimately. most of the time. Poor construction management is far more to blame than "rain days". When you have excessive rain outs, and eat up your slack, the contractor has to double up and catch up. or hopefully pay the penalty for not meeting the schedule.

I think they'll be ready for opening day. but that all depends on the weather (snicker, chuckle, burp).

Yep, it's Al Gore's fault. Did you know he created the internet?
    Talking about Al Gore creating the internet is further proof of the pussification of America.

Oh no, we are doomed again! The good news is that the faithful on RP have a solution; panic and paranoid assumptions. This has proven effective so many times in the past that surely it will work again. Here is the plan:

1. Make it clear that there is no way that the stadium will be finished on time. Paranoia should rule all situations.

2. Emphasize the observation that Scott or T-Joe are nowhere to be found on the construction site, which is clearly a throwback to the era of Dr. A.

3. All RCAf members should threaten to cut off their donations if this is not fixed immediately.

4. Find at least 5 heads to roll, one of which must be Farmer. (I believe it is in his contract that fans can threaten to fire him at will.)

5. Repeat everything 100,000 times. This means it is a legitimate concern.

In short, "We're doomed, doomed I say"

Disclaimer: the previous message was posted in a humorous fashion. It is meant to convey that we can laugh at ourselves without getting all upset. Can we?

Default Construction 7/21/2014

Here is the electrical hook up for the RV's along the north end zone:

Also along Congress:

A matter of let's get it done kicking in:

Video Board has arrived:

At least that's what it says on the package:

Now here is where I will be staying for two week. Branson. Without the snow. Hope the live video camera is working for those two weeks:

Page 60 of 63 FirstFirst . 50 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 LastLast

Thread Information