Page 54 of 63 FirstFirst . 44 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 . LastLast

Thread: A little closer view.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    "That's another Lou- (BONG!) -ette Touchdown!". I think I know whats going on here.
    Haha. Touché.

I can't say I'm all that excited about a bell. It looks like a great spot to put a cannon though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Well they have a bell in the drawing
    Maybe it's a Louisiana Southern Bell? Or Louiaianne Sweet Ice Tea, Clear as a Bell?

Hells Bells! Play the song by AC/DC every time we make the opponent punt or sack their QB

Default Re: Construction 7/12/2014

Went by the construction site. Not much to report and take pictures of. Seem like they are just starting to brick the columns on the building by gate A. Looks like they are about finish bricking the building by gate A. No seats being installed as of yet. The score board still looks like it did last week. I am thinking they might put the video screen in the existing structure. No one there to ask. What was the size of the video screen to be installed? All that being said, the work crews same to be moving a little bit slower. The end of August is coming real fast. 46 days and counting.

The video screen is the size of the overall size of the prior board with sponsor sections. It will fit on the existing columns.

Any specs on the new sound system?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    The video screen is the size of the overall size of the prior board with sponsor sections. It will fit on the existing columns.
    My question is, will the new video screen be placed into the existing frame work or boxed in area of the old score board you see here? Or will this whole score board be taken down to the columns and a new one be set on top of it. The new video board is 30 X 54, so I will assume that the old board will except a 30 X 54 video screen

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b.rn35/012-6.jpg

Not to be picky but I hope the sign on the top goes away. I don't like the mix of upper case and lower case lettering.
    RAGIN CAJUNS all in bold upper case would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    My question is, will the new video screen be placed into the existing frame work or boxed in area of the old score board you see here? Or will this whole score board be taken down to the columns and a new one be set on top of it. The new video board is 30 X 54, so I will assume that the old board will except a 30 X 54 video screen

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b.rn35/012-6.jpg

It is my understanding that your first sentence is correct. The new video screen will fit inside he existing frame.

Quote Originally Posted by reddot View Post
    Not to be picky but I hope the sign on the top goes away. I don't like the mix of upper case and lower case lettering.
    RAGIN CAJUNS all in bold upper case would be nice.
    I'd like to see something tying in our athletic branding. Logos and the like. Whats up there now is really no different from me typing "Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns" and having it massively blown up. Unfortunately, it looks like the structure of the old board will stay the same and video panels will be inserted within that.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    It is my understanding that your first sentence is correct. The new video screen will fit inside he existing frame.
    That's disappointing. The layout of the big box is wrong. It's too upright.

We are used to movie screens and TV's that are longer than they are tall.

Why we chose a more upright orientation on the last board (and why we are compounding thst with the new board) is puzzling.

I just can't see how we would use the whole board on replays with that configuration.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post

Why we chose a more upright orientation on the last board (and why we are compounding thst with the new board) is puzzling.
    Most probably won't like the answer butcost. The existing structure was already there so its cheaper to build the screen to fit within that.

I've decided not to _____ about getting a new video screen.

Cajunjeb is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post
    That's disappointing. The layout of the big box is wrong. It's too upright.

We are used to movie screens and TV's that are longer than they are tall.

I just can't see how we would use the whole board on replays with that configuration.
    That's not a problem. The video part of the entire scoreboard will be a perfect size for HD. The space from the bottom of the video portion to the bottom of the scoreboard will be for the scores and the clock.

The video portion of the scoreboard will be bigger than the old video board and in HD. It will look great.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I guess I need to see it in person then. Will withhold further judgment until then.

Page 54 of 63 FirstFirst . 44 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 . LastLast

Thread Information