Page 53 of 63 FirstFirst . 43 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 . LastLast

Thread: A little closer view.

Default Re: Construction 7/12/2014

Excellent news on all fronts! Thanks, Frenchie!

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Thanks Frenchie!

Good work Frenchie!

That's going to be an interesting tower.

A second scoreboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    The concession/restroom: The columns will be bricked

Here is a picture of the plans of the tower:

The seats for the stadium are being built by a contractor from Texas. They will not be able to install them for lack of labor. So Lemoine will do the installation when delivered. No change in the score board. The box frame work is still up.
    This the first I hear of the Tower. Can't tell fRom the drawing what is in it. Looks like it is between the concession stands. Can you advise on what this Tower is supposed to be? Thanks.

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    This the first I hear of the Tower. Can't tell fRom the drawing what is in it. Looks like it is between the concession stands. Can you advise on what this Tower is supposed to be? Thanks.
    Primary purpose is to film practices & games. Dressed up to be a bell tower

The project engineer said that it was called a bell tower. It will be between the two buildings. He was not sure but he thought there would be a camera stand located on it also. From what I can see the only use of this tower will be for aesthetics only. Like most stadium they have some sort of structure to promote the university. This will be UL's version of this. I think they should keep it clean and not put all kind of crap on it. A camera stand would be enough. Even that might be to muchToll the bell at certain times, forth downs, TD's, first downs, when team enters, and let it raise hell at a victory

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    That's going to be an interesting tower.
    I don't like that yellow brick around those columns. Yellow is not one of our colors!

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    The project engineer said that it was called a bell tower. It will be between the two buildings. He was not sure but he thought there would be a camera stand located on it also. From what I can see the only use of this tower will be for aesthetics only. Like most stadium they have some sort of structure to promote the university. This will be UL's version of this. I think they should keep it clean and not put all kind of crap on it. A camera stand would be enough. Even that might be to muchToll the bell at certain times, forth downs, TD's, first downs, when team enters, and let it raise hell at a victory
    In the past, there was always a man lift there during games and scrimmages to film. This fills that purpose

11. UL Football Re: Construction 7/12/2014

Are those speakers behind the screening?

It would be an ideal spot for speakers. And I would think they would install them there.

I don't know if it's still the case but I was told there would be an actual bell in there to ring after touchdowns.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    I don't know if it's still the case but I was told there would be an actual bell in there to ring after touchdowns.
    "That's another Lou- (BONG!) -ette Touchdown!". I think I know whats going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post

Well they have a bell in the drawing

Page 53 of 63 FirstFirst . 43 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 . LastLast

Thread Information