Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst . 41 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 61 . LastLast

Thread: A little closer view.

Default Re: Construction 7/10/2014

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    You must have missed out. I've been very vocal about my opposition to adding seats when there were much better things we could be spending our money on. I've spent the better part of two years arguing that we should be spending money on things like premium seating and improving the overall quality of our stadium before we add more cheap seating that we don't need in the first place.
    I'm just going to leave this here:

This is Houston's new stadium. It didn't cost an arm and a leg to build. But you can tell they tried to put a little more effort into making it look nice than we did. It may not be your style, but 20 years from now they'll still have a really nice stadium surrounding their football field while we'll have a barn and a half built upper deck next to (hopefully) a halfway decent upper deck. It just goes to show you that it doesn't have to cost much money to make something look nice.

I'd rather see things done the right way, not the cheap way. I said it from the beginning. Now that it's getting built hopefully some of you will be able to physically see what I was taking about.

And I still can't understand why all the Scott Farmer haters here get upset with me when I mention this. You'd think they'd all be happy to see me bash him.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFISH61 View Post
    Since I sit in the upper deck, where am I supposed to sit when they renovate that area. I thought that was the main purpose of that area while they are putting all the upgrades you speak of.
    That's part of it, yes. Let's just say I think there would have been better ways to go about it.

This is Houston's new stadium. It didn't cost an arm and a leg to build. But you can tell they tried to put a little more effort into making it look nice than we did. It may not be your style, but 20 years from now they'll still have a really nice stadium surrounding their football field while we'll have a barn and a half built upper deck next to (hopefully) a halfway decent upper deck. It just goes to show you that it doesn't have to cost much money to make something look nice.

I'd rather see things done the right way, not the cheap way. I said it from the beginning. Now that it's getting built hopefully some of you will be able to physically see what I was taking about.

And I still can't understand why all the Scott Farmer haters here get upset with me when I mention this. You'd think they'd all be happy to see me bash him.
    I like the steps, but I don't care for the tan brick on the building to the left or that red and grey looking checker board facing. What kind of material is that? Maybe it will look better when completed.

I must agree Rebel, but we are here now. North Texas, Baylor and TCU all have very nice stadiums. They minimized their endzone seating. Premium seating pays the bills. I still scratch my head on additional seating and no sell outs in 5 years.

I am just glad to see change at UL how ever it may come. Geaux Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by reddot View Post
    Keep supplying the pictures and we'll keep finding Waldo.
    Teamwork makes the dream work!

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    I must agree Rebel, but we are here now. North Texas, Baylor and TCU all have very nice stadiums. They minimized their endzone seating. Premium seating pays the bills. I still scratch my head on additional seating and no sell outs in 5 years.

I am just glad to see change at UL how ever it may come. Geaux Cajuns
    Seriously, I scratch my head when I see post like this. It's been said many, many times on this board. The endzone seating is in preparation of rebuilding or replacing the upper west side deck. The number of seats removed from the upper deck during that time, means that people with tickets in that area need a different seating area so that they can still attend games and not have to sit in grass. Also, I recommend that you go to the 1st game this year, and don't bother getting your ticket until gametime, there should be plenty, since it's never sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronCajuneer View Post
    Yea i saw what looked to be a trim around the beams, thats why i asked frenchie what he knew. Cause im with you cajunfan, not super pumped about the tractor shed look hahaha.
    Guys, a lot of you are stating your opinion (notice, I am not saying complaining) that the endzone structure to house the concessions and restrooms is not to your liking. I spent some time looking at the future plans for that area and it seems that when the next level of seats are installed you will not be able to see this structure. So, if that is the case, how much money should you spend on something that you won't see in a year or two?

Just saying "pardon our progress".

Good lord.

For the thousandth time. The extra seats serve more purpose than seats for the sake of seats.

It would be nice to have seating capacity to lure the Miss States and Vandys and Kentuckys of the world.

It would also be nice to be able to use the facility more than six times a year.

Extra seating helps both of those and also temporarily accommodates the displaced upper deck folks during renovation.

I swear some of you are so shortsighted that even Dr. LaHaye couldn't fix you.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post
    Good lord.

For the thousandth time. The extra seats serve more purpose than seats for the sake of seats.

It would be nice to have seating capacity to lure the Miss States and Vandys and Kentuckys of the world.

It would also be nice to be able to use the facility more than six times a year.

Extra seating helps both of those and also temporarily accommodates the displaced upper deck folks during renovation.

I swear some of you are so shortsighted that even Dr. LaHaye couldn't fix you.
    You know what's funny? The person itching about it is the person that says everyone itches too much. Defends farmer no matter what, the one thing we all commend farmer on, he itches about.

HA sidewalks on Coliseum Rd. Never thought I'd see the day!

What an incredibly dumb post. "It didn't cost an arm and a leg to build". WUT?? Sumbish is going to be $120MM+. That's not an arm and a leg? Our whole friggen Master Plan is going to be less than what this stadium costs.

"It may not be your style, but 20 years from now they'll still have a really nice stadium while we'll have a barn and half built upperdeck." No ____ Sherlock. We're basically sitting on a 50 year old stadium while they'll have a completely brand new one. Of course we would've built something like this if we had the money, but we don't. So we try and clean ours up the best way possible and make it function for larger crowds and to get us to a better conference.

Question, what part about any of this construction process that is going on do you think is "cheap" as you call it?

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

I see metal bleachers, which to me screams cheap

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    You know what's funny? The person itching about it is the person that says everyone itches too much. Defends farmer no matter what, the one thing we all commend farmer on, he itches about.
    thats good

14. Default Re: Construction 7/10/2014

That facade sucks as well.

You must have missed out. I've been very vocal about my opposition to adding seats when there were much better things we could be spending our money on. I've spent the better part of two years arguing that we should be spending money on things like premium seating and improving the overall quality of our stadium before we add more cheap seating that we don't need in the first place.
    We could have done what Tulane did and downsize to a 24,000 seat erector set stadium. What a joke and they are in the AAC! That stadium should put them in a conference with WKU and FIU.

Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst . 41 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 61 . LastLast

Thread Information