Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 . LastLast

Thread: A little closer view.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Dey'll just have to move to da North side. Or as some call it, upper Cajun Field.
    Oh snap!!!

Default Re: Update construction photo

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Dey'll just have to move to da North side. Or as some call it, upper Cajun Field.
    You know no one ever.I mean ever.moves to the da North Side.you only escape it for greener pastures.

3. Default Re: Update construction photo

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    You know no one ever.I mean ever.moves to the da North Side.you only escape it for greener pastures.
    .This is so confusing.now they will have an upper deck in the Noth end zone??? LOL!!!

Default Update construction 3/31/14 @ 4:15 PM

They are putting the finial touches on the dirt. Talked to on engineer about the next step. He said that they will be through Wednesday and then they would be pouring a mud slab which is a thin layer of cement over the dirt. He said that they should be pouring it Wednesday.When that is completed and cured they will start on the bottom with the forms and pour each row coming to the top.

Default Re: Update construction 3/31/14 @ 4:15 PM

A mud slab is a good idea. I was wondering if they were going to do that. They can dig through it if they have to and not lose a thing.

This bunch of men is getting it done. The engineer that's doing the ground work told me that he wasn't sure what they were going to built but he said that he heard that they was suppose to start in the next month or two. He said that his work was going to be through by Wednesday. I showed him the area of the sports complex and the Cox Communication building and what was planned. He said that must be it. Sounds like a plan to me.

mud slab same thing as soil cement?

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    This bunch of men is getting it done. The engineer that's doing the ground work told me that he wasn't sure what they were going to built but he said that he heard that they was suppose to start in the next month or two. He said that his work was going to be through by Wednesday. I showed him the area of the sports complex and the Cox Communication building and what was planned. He said that must be it. Sounds like a plan to me.
    Frenchie: good info, but I'm not sure what it means. What part of phase 1 will they be starting next? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns_fan View Post
    Frenchie: good info, but I'm not sure what it means. What part of phase 1 will they be starting next? Thanks!
    Pretty sure he's referencing the Athletic Training Facility

Quote Originally Posted by dms4720 View Post
    mud slab same thing as soil cement?
    Soil cement is a mixture of portland cement and soil. Typically mixed with a stabilizer, a large machine that is an over sized tiller.

A mud slab is somewhat of a misnomer. It is actually a very low strength concrete (low cement content) slab typically 1.5" to 2" thick. It is used to separate the steel and concrete from the dirt or mud and is used to keep the steel clean during the course of setting the steel. It also makes for a safer work site to keep the rod busters from slipping on mud if it rains. Dirt or mud on the rebar is a no no because it acts as a barrier to the concrete adhering to the steel. It also contaminates the structural concrete.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    Pretty sure he's referencing the Athletic Training Facility
    That's it.

Great.thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    That's it.
    Sorry, one more question: Is that the same thing as the athletic practice facility? I have the athletic master plan saved, and do not see a 'athletic training facility'only the APF. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns_fan View Post
    Sorry, one more question: Is that the same thing as the athletic practice facility? I have the athletic master plan saved, and do not see a 'athletic training facility'only the APF. Thanks!
    Same thing. It will be attached to the existing Indoor Practice Facility (IPF) and will L off the building toward the football stadium. It will take up some of the area where a practice field is currently located.

Took this at about 1:30 this afternoon.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 . LastLast

Thread Information