Page 45 of 63 FirstFirst . 35 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 55 . LastLast

Thread: A little closer view.

Default Re: A little of what is to be: 7/2/2012

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Until I see the finish product, it will look like a tractor shed on the old plantations. I was raised on a sugar cane plantation form 7-10 years of age and I know what they look like. They will have to put some elaborate structure between the two sections to offset what might be an eyesore. A flat roof with about six boxes on top would have been a money maker. They would have been sold already. Any thoughts here?
    It could end up really nice or really ugly.
    Hopefully the finishing touches don't involve conference flags or frat letters.

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by reddot View Post
    Bricking the metal beams and putting a scrolling ribbon type score board (as some here have mentioned) across the front would be pretty sweet

Quote Originally Posted by reddot View Post
    I've always wondered if the conference flags were required by the conference. Any one know?

Default Re: A little of what is to be: 7/2/2014

I think they saved the bushes from the hill, maybe they will be replanted on top the roofs

Quote Originally Posted by RedCajun View Post
    Bricking the metal beams and putting a scrolling ribbon type score board (as some here have mentioned) across the front would be pretty sweet
    I don't think they will brick those beams. If you notice they are tapered from the bottom up. If they would have wanted to brick them they would have been a regular I-beam. Not saying they still can't be bricked as is. But they were shaped that way for a reason.

6. Default Re: A little of what is to be: 7/2/2012

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    and that's most of the time, too!!!
    ---Z read the other posts---Vindicated again I am---I think that maybe an apology should be made for all the times I had to prove you guys wrong---but I still love you!!!

Default Construction 7/7/2014

You will have to visit the stadium to see this:

LHC is gone:

More handrails:

I guess they will have special seating here:

Default Re: Construction 7/7/2014

Really?

I'll be excited when all the concrete is poured/bricks laid and the overall look begins to emerge!

As always, thanks Frenchie!

The fourth pic is where Guidry's patio use to be. Do you think they will just have a fancier version of the patio again?

Does anyone know the overall size of the old scoreboard? I guess my question is how much bigger/smaller is the new video screen versus the old scoreboard total in size?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    The fourth pic is where Guidry's patio use to be. Do you think they will just have a fancier version of the patio again?
    It looks like some special seating. Just don't know what for. If I can get one of the guys working in that area I will see if he might know what it will beIt would be nice if Guidry comes up with something special there. Knowing the Guidry family and what they create it could be real special if that is what they plan.

Is it just me, but with now less than 2 months until kick off they will be cutting it awfully close to be completed before SU game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bicky Rustle View Post
    Is it just me, but with now less than 2 months until kick off they will be cutting it awfully close to be completed before SU game.
    It'll get done. They'll work 24 hour shifts if they have to.

If you look at the seating section, all they have is to finish installing the hand railing which will be done this week. That part is going real fast. The seats will be installed by the contractor that makes them I would assume with several crews doing the work. The restrooms and concession section should be done in four to five weeks. After they finish laying the cement blocks they will start the brick veneer. Knowing brick layers that will go pretty fast. The inside work is being done as I type. I am still trying to get to see the drawings of what is planned over the tunnel area. Let's hope that will be impressive. If I can see them I will try and take a picture of it.

Page 45 of 63 FirstFirst . 35 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 55 . LastLast

Thread Information