Page 44 of 63 FirstFirst . 34 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 54 . LastLast

Thread: A little closer view.

Default Re: A little of what is to be: 7/2/2014

no worries frenchie, thanks as always for the pictures

2. Default Re: A little of what is to be: 7/2/2012

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    This is for Boomer and all former football players/athletes. What do you think about having an "Athletic Walk of Fame", similar to the one on campus? Using football as an example, have a brick walkway with a different brick for each former letterman with his name, number and years lettered. How great would it be for former letterman to be recognized that way and not just the HOF members? Not sure where to put it, but somewhere in or around the stadium readily visible and accessible to everyone. We could do the same for each sport at each facility.
    ----Oh how I agree as anybody in the H of F has to be very thankful for their teammates---I am not a fan of the retired jerseys but no doubt these guys are the great ones say in UL football----I saw the LTUR idea for a designated area in the e Zone---they got the ideas from somewhere but pretty nice for the N EZ---but hope that the area will be seats soon!!!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: A little of what is to be: 7/2/2014

Thanks for the pictures Frenchie. Have you determined what is the purpose of slanting the roof over the concession area? What will this design serve? The reason I ask is because the area above the concession building appears to be prime area for additional seating.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: A little of what is to be: 7/2/2012

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Damn, I just slapped my face for that erroneous typo.I guess I just got caught up in the three years to construct a nine month build called the Softball Stadium.
    Lol! Mr Babin, dont slap yourself too hard! That softball stadium was def a cluster ____

z

5. Default Re: A little of what is to be: 7/2/2012

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Lol! Mr Babin, dont slap yourself too hard! That softball stadium was def a cluster ____

z
    ---Yes it took way too long but the company paid for it with extra "stuff" that came for free---Looking back on it, I would gladly take what we got with the locker rooms etc for the time involved---This is why the penalty factor of time delay is so important---Helmut posted the sometimes Penalties for a company's non performance!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---Yes it took way too long but the company paid for it with extra "stuff" that came for free---Looking back on it, I would gladly take what we got with the locker rooms etc for the time involved---This is why the penalty factor of time delay is so important---Helmut posted the sometimes Penalties for a company's non performance!!!
    Easy to say when you weren't the one who had to sit in the outfleld to watch games.

Nothing free that I'm aware of. The delay was NOT worth it. You listening to the wrong people Boom.

7. Default Re: A little of what is to be: 7/2/2012

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Easy to say when you weren't the one who had to sit in the outfleld to watch games.

Nothing free that I'm aware of. The delay was NOT worth it. You listening to the wrong people Boom.
    ---Beau --all I heard was that because of the penalty in lieu of fines they agreed to construct an added amount of construction that added locker rooms etc.---Sorry about your watching in the OF but Damn LOOK WHAT WE GOT for having the stadium a little late---No brainer!! I don't know this guy in charge of construction but I will try to find out to see what we did get!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---Beau --all I heard was that because of the penalty in lieu of fines they agreed to construct an added amount of construction that added locker rooms etc.---Sorry about your watching in the OF but Damn LOOK WHAT WE GOT for having the stadium a little late---No brainer!! I don't know this guy in charge of construction but I will try to find out to see what we did get!!!
    What I understand as I visited the softball site every other day if not every day, was that the contractor was to remodel the field house but said that because of the delays it would be torn down and rebuilt to what we have today. Some of the delays were: The state holding it up because of some technicality for around 3-4 months: Late delivery on some steal: Labor problems, late and not showing up for work. The head of the steal workers on the job even left and went to a job in Alabama because he said he didn't have the steal on the job. I know this for a fact, because he told me. Installing the seats they only had two men for that job. So yes it was a cluster______to say the least. But it turned out OK. But where is the netting for the back stop. Still waiting on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    What I understand as I visited the softball site every other day if not every day, was that the contractor was to remodel the field house but said that because of the delays it would be torn down and rebuilt to what we have today. Some of the delays were: The state holding it up because of some technicality for around 3-4 months: Late delivery on some steal: Labor problems, late and not showing up for work. The head of the steal workers on the job even left and went to a job in Alabama because he said he didn't have the steal on the job. I know this for a fact, because he told me. Installing the seats they only had two men for that job. So yes it was a cluster______to say the least. But it turned out OK. But where is the netting for the back stop. Still waiting on that.
    Going to try a little Turbineese:
    So we got a steal but should have netted more.

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by RaginEsquire06 View Post
    Thanks for the pictures Frenchie. Have you determined what is the purpose of slanting the roof over the concession area? What will this design serve? The reason I ask is because the area above the concession building appears to be prime area for additional seating.

The slanted roof is basically just an awning over the concession areas. If an upper deck was built there, the metal frame work could easily be removed and leave the concession buildings there under their new cover (upper deck)

11. Default Re: A little of what is to be: 7/2/2012

Quote Originally Posted by reddot View Post
    I like that with every missing fiber of my frame.

Quote Originally Posted by reddot View Post
    Damn, I didn't see that

Frenchie you are correct. It looks like they will be placing a red brick veneer on the concrete block. The black coating is a water proofing and the metal tabs are indeed brick ties.

Until I see the finish product, it will look like a tractor shed on the old plantations. I was raised on a sugar cane plantation form 7-10 years of age and I know what they look like. They will have to put some elaborate structure between the two sections to offset what might be an eyesore. A flat roof with about six boxes on top would have been a money maker. They would have been sold already. Any thoughts here?

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post

and that's most of the time, too!!!

Page 44 of 63 FirstFirst . 34 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 54 . LastLast

Thread Information