Thread: A little closer view.

Default Re: Construction, 6/3/2014 @ 2:30 PM

a few shots? or just one? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Orestes View Post
    a few shots? or just one? lol
    Looks like seven to me

was that an edit, or is my 'puter screwing with me?

Either way. Sincerest gratitude for all the photos you post!

Ahh.makes me tear up a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Orestes View Post
    was that an edit, or is my 'puter screwing with me?

Either way. Sincerest gratitude for all the photos you post!
    Having to edit and post each shot one at a time takes a little whilenot long though.

Man, it looks like the cement work for the seats is nearly done. A couple weeks to put in the seats and busting it on the concession/restroom area.maybe my scale of time is a bit off, but it looks like it could be finished WELL ahead of kickoff. Weather permitting, of course.

They will make it for the opening date but it will be close for the concession/restroom buildings.

Does anyone know if the foundation for the concession/bathrooms area is being prepped for future expansion such as the master plan indicates?

Seeing the end-zone bowled in looks awesome. Can't wait to see the finished product. Did I hear correctly that they were going to make this entire area bench-back? That would be great for our fans. With that in mind, has anyone heard if they have any plans to finally get rid of the old nasty chair backs on the home side and put some bright new red ones in?! I feel like this should have been done years ago and isn't a big expense (compared to the entire project cost).

I also remember someone mentioned a while back being worried how the new concessions area would look. They mentioned the design was sort of dull. I understand that concern and kind of hope it has a little aesthetic appeal to it. But I do recognize my first statement. If the administration is to follow the master plans it would mean that this area would be prepped to hold an upper deck at some point so the need for something aesthetically appealing would/should not be of high priority. As long as it's functional now and for future expansion then whatevs.

So glad we have someone who will post pictures for us. I really don't understand why the athletic department doesn't do a weekly update for their fans. Shouldn't we be trying anything to get our fans excited and new RCAF members signed up? I love these updates. It's one of the main reasons I come on raginpagin. Helmut does some awesome updates too for the campus construction. Hope some new ones there are in the works!

Quote Originally Posted by KragincajunS10 View Post
    Does anyone know if the foundation for the concession/bathrooms area is being prepped for future expansion such as the master plan indicates?

Seeing the end-zone bowled in looks awesome. Can't wait to see the finished product. Did I hear correctly that they were going to make this entire area bench-back? That would be great for our fans. With that in mind, has anyone heard if they have any plans to finally get rid of the old nasty chair backs on the home side and put some bright new red ones in?! I feel like this should have been done years ago and isn't a big expense (compared to the entire project cost).

I also remember someone mentioned a while back being worried how the new concessions area would look. They mentioned the design was sort of dull. I understand that concern and kind of hope it has a little aesthetic appeal to it. But I do recognize my first statement. If the administration is to follow the master plans it would mean that this area would be prepped to hold an upper deck at some point so the need for something aesthetically appealing would/should not be of high priority. As long as it's functional now and for future expansion then whatevs.

So glad we have someone who will post pictures for us. I really don't understand why the athletic department doesn't do a weekly update for their fans. Shouldn't we be trying anything to get our fans excited and new RCAF members signed up? I love these updates. It's one of the main reasons I come on raginpagin. Helmut does some awesome updates too for the campus construction. Hope some new ones there are in the works!

They did have a construction cam but the fiber optic cable was cut on April 30 and they have not repaired it.

Only issue with replacing the home side seats would be there would be fewer of them. I remember reading that the width of seats would have to be adjusted to the new standards if they were replaced. I guess that's both good and bad.

Yea, I would say that's bad. Can't keep the same seats since 1970-whatever. Plus part of the point of renovating stadiums and getting people to show up more is the experience outside of the game itself. The concessions, the bathrooms, the accessibility, the bright lights (big scoreboards, other visual boards along the face of the upper deck) and chair-backs (comfortably and aesthetically appealing to buyers) just to name a few pieces of the puzzle. It's an important part of updating the stadium to fit the times. Just like other schools do to their stadiumsif they can afford it. Hope they can figure something out. Plus I have seats in the new bench-backs soooo I'm a little bias haha.

The endzone looks great. I wish we were bowling both sides. How nice would that look?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    The endzone looks great. I wish we were bowling both sides. How nice would that look?
    I know this has been discussed multiple times with both sides (pun) being represented, but I'm on the side of leaving the north end grass. I just think it makes it different from all the same bowl looks you see everywhere else. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I know this has been discussed multiple times with both sides (pun) being represented, but I'm on the side of leaving the north end grass. I just think it makes it different from all the same bowl looks you see everywhere else. JMO
    Yeah, I think it looks nice, but if we're going to finish the entire master plan, bowling that in will be integral.

I would add a top deck to the visitor side before I put seats on the north endzone.

Are they planning on bulldozing the upper deck and rebuild it with a new press box after this year?

Page 31 of 63 FirstFirst . 21 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 41 . LastLast

Thread Information