Page 27 of 63 FirstFirst . 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 37 . LastLast

Thread: A little closer view.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Construction video 5/13/2014 @ 4:30 PM

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Correct terminology is "Concrete Placement" I think you will find that through out my previous posts that is the term that I used. Frenchie - I think you may have misunderstood the foreman, I'm thinking it's 3700 psi not 37,000 psi concrete. 3,700 is out of the ordinary but it can happen. (most common is 3,000, 3, 500, 3,800 and 4,000 psi concrete)

Cement is indeed the glue that holds the sand, gravel matrix together. It was first discovered by the ancient Romans (see http://www.romanconcrete.com/romanconcrete.htm) The first cement was a mixture of materials one of which was a Pozzolan ash that they discovered would hold together after it got wet. The proportions of the mixture were lost after the fall of the Roman Empire. It was rediscovered after work done by an Englishman near the Village of Portland England and it has been known, ever since, as Portland Cement. (the above is an abbreviated Cliff Notes version). Anything that aids in the cementing process using Portland Cement (like fly ash, or silica fume) is called a Pozzalith.

Anything that holds individual pieces together is a cement. An asphalt road is held together with asphaltic cement. The sand and gravel are the same its just held together with asphalt instead of Portland cement. Asphaltic Concrete was discovered by a Scotsman named MacAdam. That's where the term "Tar Mac" came from.
    If you are old enough, you may have actually heard asphalt roads called "macadam roads".

Default Re: Construction video 5/13/2014 @ 4:30 PM

Damn that little video I posted sure got us a lot of schooling about cement, concrete, asphalt, sheetrock that floats, tar-mac and sway bars.can't wait for the concession and restrooms (out houses) to get started.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Damn that little video I posted sure got us a lot of schooling about cement, concrete, asphalt, sheetrock that floats, tar-mac and sway bars.can't wait for the concession and restrooms (out houses) to get started.
    Would you say there might be a lot of. _____ talking then?

YEHHHHHH

4. Default Re: Construction video 5/13/2014 @ 4:30 PM

Damn that little video I posted sure got us a lot of schooling about cement, concrete, asphalt, sheetrock that floats, tar-mac and sway bars.can't wait for the concssion and restrooms (out houses) to get started.
    -----So what is quick-qrite and will it work on armadilla holes???

Frenchie, I think you are just trying to start some sh_t with that little comment! LMAO.

I had a thought about our construction going on. I saw on the LTUR board a thread about a publication, ENR, doing a piece on stadium construction and they're trying to get theirs on the list. Maybe we should try to get the word out on ours. They're going to include LSU and Tulane as of now. They weren't aware of LTUR's. Here's the thread.
    http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showt.on-SEZ-Project

And here's the person's email to contact.
    louise.poirier@mhfi.com

What do you think? I think any type of positive pub from any angle is good.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Construction video 5/13/2014 @ 4:30 PM

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    If you are old enough, you may have actually heard asphalt roads called "macadam roads".
    yes. named for the man who developed the material. good one, vo.

Almost forgot a couple of good ones. It's concrete block, not cinder block. Also, what people refer to as an "I beam" is really a wide flange beam.

Man, it sure would be nice if that construction cam was back up. I haven't seen a pic in two days!

If I go and take a picture every two days it would be like watching grass grow. Have to show some progress each time.

Feed us some sustenance, Oh great one!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crowley Cajun View Post
    I had a thought about our construction going on. I saw on the LTUR board a thread about a publication, ENR, doing a piece on stadium construction and they're trying to get theirs on the list. Maybe we should try to get the word out on ours. They're going to include LSU and Tulane as of now. They weren't aware of LTUR's. Here's the thread.
    http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showt.on-SEZ-Project

And here's the person's email to contact.
    louise.poirier@mhfi.com

What do you think? I think any type of positive pub from any angle is good.
    Stuff like that has a better chance when the owner or designer pushes it.

Quote Originally Posted by stpacronym View Post
    Almost forgot a couple of good ones. It's concrete block, not cinder block. Also, what people refer to as an "I beam" is really a wide flange beam.
    Unless it is a "I" beam but they are pretty rare. I encounter them often in old buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Stuff like that has a better chance when the owner or designer pushes it.
    I can understand that. Well, I emailed them anyway and put links to RC.com and RP.com. You never know. Every once and awhile, a blind squirrel finds a nut. lol.

Frenchie,

We need our weekly dose of stadium update visuals!

Thanks as always!

Page 27 of 63 FirstFirst . 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 37 . LastLast

Thread Information