Page 25 of 63 FirstFirst . 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 35 . LastLast

Thread: A little closer view.

Default Re: Construction, 5/12/2014 @ 11 AM

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Because the "this" you are seeing is not the end result of why they pulled up the parking. I would suspect that there will be much more happening here. The Blue paint mark on the ground marks a water line that they need to know the location of because they will be digging there to install some more utilities or drainage.
    It would be my understanding that something is in the planning for this area. They would not be breaking up cement and closing road just to locate a water line. This is in preparation for something other than that.

Default Re: Construction, 5/12/2014 @ 11 AM

Quote Originally Posted by ulXrunner View Post
    Anyone have an idea as to when work on track/soccer facilities will begin? We have been told that was part of phase 1.
    Walt according to this article dated May 7, 2014, the track and soccer updates are supposed to begin this summer with a projected completion by May 2015

http://theadvocate.com/home/9059248-.ents-said-back

3. Default Re: Construction, 5/12/2014 @ 11 AM

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns_fan View Post
    Do we know if the plans for the renovated stadium are done yet? Or, are they waiting for funding, etc?
    I'm just kind of underwhelmed with the prelim renderings we've seen so far in the Master Plan. I also would like to see it pay an homage to McNaspy stadium, or otherwise tie it back to the main campus, e.g., arches, red brick, etc. Just my thoughts.
    Whoa I can't believe you mention this---Hey we all were glad to get the softball done and the EXTRA BIGGIE we got for the wait--but I know in the plans were to have the top look of so many of the campus buildings--Well it was scratched but we came out way on top of that one-----From the little I do know, I know that the penalties were one of the hang ups on the stadium end zone starting late---I think it is called covering you @$$!!!

Default Construction video 5/13/2014 @ 4:30 PM

I didn't have a tripod so it is a little shaky. This is what I found out today. My question was. "What are the plans from here". This is what the engineer told me. We will continue with pouring cement. As soon as the dirt work is done where the restroom and concession will go the plumbers and electrical contractors will come in. They will not wait for the seating area to be completed. The work they are doing in front of the Cox building is to locate the water and 12 inch waste line that will tie into the concession and restrooms. Also the SPC building will start as soon as the complete drawing are handed over. They will not wait for the completion on the work they are doing now. As soon as they have those plans they will start. So I guess the funds are there to do the job

Click on the picture to see the video:

One still picture:

Default Re: Construction video 5/13/2014 @ 4:30 PM

Excellent!

6. Default Re: Construction video 5/13/2014 @ 4:30 PM

Damn Frenchie ---next you will be on the tower filming practice!!! lol Thanks!!!

Great job.thanks for the info!

When Frenchie was younger he was known as an infomaniac!

9. Default Re: Construction video 5/13/2014 @ 4:30 PM

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    When Frenchie was younger he was known as an infomaniac!
    ---has anybody seen the Nymphomaniac film yet---Saw it was advertised--wow!!!

For HelmutVIIThe cement is 27,000 PSIwhatever that is.

Boomer, it is being shown in Houston and my Brazilian coworker went see it. Well, the name of the show tells you enough about the plot. BTW, they have 11-12 rows done out of 41ish, are they moving along at the necessary speed to make the deadline. I could guess but the F&^*ing cam has been down for 2 weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    Boomer, it is being shown in Houston and my Brazilian coworker went see it. Well, the name of the show tells you enough about the plot. BTW, they have 11-12 rows done out of 41ish, are they moving along at the necessary speed to make the deadline. I could guess but the F&^*ing cam has been down for 2 weeks!
    The fiber line was cut by accident when they were starting their dirt work. Since it is not football season I expect it to be down for quite a while, probably until they start doing utility work.

Frenchie, Frenchie, he's our man!

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    For HelmutVIIThe cement is 27,000 PSIwhatever that is.
    Not trying to be an a**hole, but it is concrete, not "cement". Portland cement is a constituent of concrete. Also, concrete is placed, not "poured". Most people use the terminology that you have used and I have done so many times in the past. Just a little info for you.

Thanks for all of your efforts on bringing us up to date on the construction at Cajun Field!

14. Default Re: Construction video 5/13/2014 @ 4:30 PM

Quote Originally Posted by stpacronym View Post
    Not trying to be an a**hole, but it is concrete, not "cement". Portland cement is a constituent of concrete. Also, concrete is placed, not "poured". Most people use the terminology that you have used and I have done so many times in the past. Just a little info for you.

Thanks for all of your efforts on bringing us up to date on the construction at Cajun Field!
    ---Being Correct means something!!!

15. Default Re: Construction video 5/13/2014 @ 4:30 PM

Quote Originally Posted by stpacronym View Post

Learn something every day I thought it was pourtland cement

Page 25 of 63 FirstFirst . 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 35 . LastLast

Thread Information