Page 14 of 63 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 . LastLast

Thread: A little closer view.

Default Re: Construction 4/26/2014 @ 7:30 AM

Really appreciate the updates!! It's fun to be able to follow along out here in Houston!!

2. This is so COOL Re: Construction 4/26/2014 @ 7:30 AM

Thanks Frenchie, great shots.

3. Default Re: Construction 4/26/2014 @ 7:30 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Boomer I didn't ask that question, but it looks like two on each side of the tunnel. You can see the re-bar on each level of seats where it looks like they will pour a step. If you look on the second picture above the red trash can you can see three sets of re-barI think this is where a steps will be poured. Is this what you wanted to know?
    ---Yea---I almost went to tell you hello tonight but I was too ____ed!!!

Right behind the red can is 3 peices of rebar. Is that where the stairs will be?

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Right behind the red can is 3 peices of rebar. Is that where the stairs will be?
    Yep

6. Default Re: Construction 4/26/2014 @ 7:30 AM

Looks like only 3 or 4 seats on the side of the tunnel, should make for a relatively uninterrupted place to sit.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Looks like only 3 or 4 seats on the side of the tunnel, should make for a relatively uninterrupted place to sit.
    If that's the case, it looks like they should have made the steps next to the tunnel so fans can stand and greet the players going through the tunnel.but if you have seat there that would be next to impossible.

8. Default Re: Construction 4/26/2014 @ 7:30 AM

If that's the case, it looks like they should have made the steps next to the tunnel so fans can stand and greet the players going through the tunnel.but if you have seat there that would be next to impossible.
    I think there will steps to the field on the student side of the endzone for the band to enter the field.

Default Construction 4/29/2014 @12 noon

Don't know what the drench is for

Default Re: Construction 4/29/2014 @12 noon

I think someone dropped their keys.

THEY FOUND THE PLAQUE!

I noticed they are placing the upper backer boards in advance to the prior concrete pour, then anchoring the front ones to the new concrete (once dried). Spending up the process.

Is that cement pre cut? I don't see where it is. Sure is digging a straight line.

Didn't see them cut the cement, but I am sure the ran a cement saw first. If not the cement would have cracked. If you look close behind that bobcat you can see some of the cement cracked where they sawed it

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    Is that cement pre cut? I don't see where it is. Sure is digging a straight line.
    They cut the bottom edge with a saw, the top edge was formed with a metal key way(Burke Joint). You can see it at the edge of the upper slab. They kind of messed it up with the bucket of the back hoe.

The concrete saw has industrial grade diamonds impregnated in a carbide edge of the blade. It is cooled with water but they do have dry cut blades. Don't stand too close or your ears will ring (maybe for the rest of your life).

Page 14 of 63 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 . LastLast

Thread Information