Page 13 of 63 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 . LastLast

Thread: A little closer view.

Default Re: Construction Pictures 4/24/2014 @ 3:30 PM

If I were to guess, I would say that it will be steps with a railing down the middle. Also if you notice the re-bar ever so often in the pour I think that will be the steps also. That dark grey trash can is on top of one set of re-bar

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    It appears that there is a gap between existing stadium and new work. I'm thinking that is because the codes have changed relative to the pitch (or spacing) between seats. How they plan on doing that I don't know but it would have had to have been addressed. I'm thinking there will be some form of transition between the two which will involve a fence to partition old from new as the transition surely would not meet current codes. I would like to get time to get out there but I am pretty busy right now.
    They wouldn't request a variance in this situation? If the seats don't line up it's going to look odd

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I'm sure if someone wants to cut a check for the bricks and the money we would lose from advertising the athletic department would be all for it.
    I'm not simply complaining, I'm stating the obvious that the advertisements look small-time. With 120mm in upgrades maybe they can squeeze 10k to make it look presentable, but maybe not

The have several pallets of what seams like pavers. Don't know what they are for but will try and find out

Quote Originally Posted by ulforlife View Post
    I'm not simply complaining, I'm stating the obvious that the advertisements look small-time. With 120mm in upgrades maybe they can squeeze 10k to make it look presentable, but maybe not
    I agree they look bad and I rather not have to have them but we do was my point. My comment wasn't really directed at you. I think sometimes people forget just how much money we don't have and given all the recent success is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I agree they look bad and I rather not have to have them but we do was my point. My comment wasn't really directed at you. I think sometimes people forget just how much money we don't have and given all the recent success is amazing.
    True dat

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    A brick finish would look much less ametuerish. Always thought the advertisement signs made Cajun Field look like a high school venue.
    Not to mention the Greek lettering on the hillso 1-AA.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    A brick finish would look much less ametuerish. Always thought the advertisement signs made Cajun Field look like a high school venue.
    A brick wall around Cajun Field would be perfect to tie in the baseball, softball, and football stadiums. We could possibly have a partial brick wall and partial advertisements as a compromise.

They wouldn't request a variance in this situation? If the seats don't line up it's going to look odd
    The building codes are written, adopted and enforced. There is no mechanism for variances.

Default Construction 4/26/2014 @ 7:30 AM

This is the wall separation poured Thursday:

Poured the next level of steps at 5:00 AM this morning. The next pour will be Tuesday. Talked to the engineer on site. He said that the project will start to go faster. They will be working some nights because they prefer it because of the heat during the day. After they have all the seating poured they will start on the concession section while installing the seats. When completed they will start the Athletic center. I saw the prints and it looks like what it shows on the conception drawings. Looks nice. He said it will be completed for Aug. 30 for game time.

Default Re: Construction 4/26/2014 @ 7:30 AM

Thanks as always! So the elevation won't be the same as the existing seating. I wonder if that is because the East and West sides aren't lined up anyway, so they just split the difference. Or maybe it's the updated codes as was mentioned before

12. Default Re: Construction 4/26/2014 @ 7:30 AM

Thanks as always!
    ---Frenchie ---How many ramps/stairways do they have on each side--Is that one with only room for about 2 seats---again no idea but would love to see how they are doing it---will there be massive amounts of dirt brought in to do the concessions and bathrooms??? last night at the Tigue was not pretty in the first stall--bad and glad my stay trip to the ____er didn't last for a extended duration--very bad!!!

Thanks for pics & info. Especially nice for those of us who can't swing by for our own look

It just amazes me how engineers and construction workers collaborate together to figure these type of jobs out lots of brainpower and labor involved. god bless ya!.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---Frenchie ---How many ramps/stairways do they have on each side--Is that one with only room for about 2 seats---again no idea but would love to see how they are doing it---will there be massive amounts of dirt brought in to do the concessions and bathrooms??? last night at the Tigue was not pretty in the first stall--bad and glad my stay trip to the ____er didn't last for a extended duration--very bad!!!
    Boomer I didn't ask that question, but it looks like two on each side of the tunnel. You can see the re-bar on each level of seats where it looks like they will pour a step. If you look on the second picture above the red trash can you can see three sets of re-barI think this is where a steps will be poured. Is this what you wanted to know?

Page 13 of 63 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 . LastLast

Thread Information