Page 11 of 63 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 . LastLast

Thread: A little closer view.

Default Not much, but a better view

Can you spot your seat yet????

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Can you spot your seat yet????

Are they starting to form up for the seats now? Do they pour one row at a time? This will be interesting.

Default Re: Not much, but a better few

Yes, pour starting from the bottom.

The title should have read.A better view.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    Are they starting to form up for the seats now? Do they pour one row at a time? This will be interesting.
    Yes, one row at a time. You can see the "zig zag" shaped rebar on the photographs. These will be the reinforcing for the step up on each row. Once they get rolling it should go fairly quickly. There will be literally tons of reinforcing steel on this project. Each bar needs to be individually set and tied. Rod busting is a very hard job. It is physically and mentally demanding. Physically because the weight of the rods is pretty high and mentally because of the repetitive nature of the work.

whats to keep the concrete section from sliding down that incline it is being poured on to?

I expect the top of the two vertical wooden forms are horizontal with each other.

I know this has been spoken here before, but is there any 'official' word about what will happen with the pump house? Looking at it now, especially in the first pic, has me wondering how they will handle it.won't it kind of block the view of people sitting directly behind it?

When I take the next picture of progress I will try and find someone on site who might answer that question.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    I expect the top of the two vertical wooden forms are horizontal with each other.
    There probably is a slight slope to the field to allow for drainage.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns_fan View Post
    I know this has been spoken here before, but is there any 'official' word about what will happen with the pump house? Looking at it now, especially in the first pic, has me wondering how they will handle it.won't it kind of block the view of people sitting directly behind it?
    I think "WYSIWYG" regarding the pump house. It is what it is. To relocate the pump house would be extraordinarily expensive. It would have taken money from the other parts of the project. That is unless somebody wants to cut a check. However, I think it is too late for that now. The pump house won't obstruct the veiw any more than somebody sitting in front of you (probably less)

Quote Originally Posted by dms4720 View Post
    whats to keep the concrete section from sliding down that incline it is being poured on to?
    Each row will be placed individually with only a slight slope on the concrete. Although I have place concrete on a 1.5 to 1 slope before. Concrete finishers don't like it but ii can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Each row will be placed individually with only a slight slope on the concrete. Although I have place concrete on a 1.5 to 1 slope before. Concrete finishers don't like it but ii can be done.
    i was talking more of the slope of the mud bed being pretty steep. (i hated hill runs in the summer) if they pour directly onto the inclined mud bed, once the concrete sets, there isnt any way for it to go sliding down that hill, starting the bottom section which would have all the pressure on it from above sections?

Quote Originally Posted by dms4720 View Post
    i was talking more of the slope of the mud bed being pretty steep. (i hated hill runs in the summer) if they pour directly onto the inclined mud bed, once the concrete sets, there isnt any way for it to go sliding down that hill, starting the bottom section which would have all the pressure on it from above sections?
    I understand now. The concrete will adhere to the mud bed not by friction but by the action of the Portland cement bonding to it. In addition being that the top is wider than the bottom the structure itself will act as a wedge to prevent sliding. Kind of hard to explain but it will act like an arch.

i get it. thanks.

Page 11 of 63 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 . LastLast

Thread Information