Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 . LastLast

Thread: Is that a construction cam?

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    They will finish tomorrow. Pumper truck is gone for the day as are concrete finishers.
    They get another early start like they have the last two days and they'll be done by 10:00 AM, easily.

Default Re: Is that a construction cam?

They will finish tomorrow. Pumper truck is gone for the day as are concrete finishers.
    I guess they are working faster than the soil finishers

here is a picture in case no one has seen it yet

Attached Images Attached Images  

i have an idea of how to utilize that area of the cement with the field pump's vents near the tunnel.
    assuming they plan not to put seats over it.

assuming the band will eventually move to the endzone seating.

move the band to that location to the Right side of the tunnel, and place the band directors platform over that slab.
    currently there is a podium for the director and drum majors to stand on in front of the band. it is merely a wooden platform sitting atop the bleacher seats in the student section anyways.

that way it doesnt look like an empty section of seats nor will it look like they didnt finish a portion of the stadium seats.

5. Default Re: Is that a construction cam?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunsHat View Post
    i have an idea of how to utilize that area of the cement with the field pump's vents near the tunnel.

move the band to that location to the Right side of the tunnel, and place the band directors platform over that slab.
    currently there is a podium for the director and drum majors to stand on in front of the band. it is merely a wooden platform sitting atop the bleacher seats in the student section anyways.

that way it doesnt look like an empty section of seats nor will it look like they didnt finish a portion of the stadium seats.
    Brilliant aesthetic move.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunsHat View Post

this would be a genius move. I hope other people hear your opinion and take action

7. UL Football Re: Is that a construction cam?

Send the ideas to His Highness Scott Farmer.

im just a little peon.anyone with a bigger name is more than welcome to take my idea and forward to his highness.

Finished the mud bed this morning. (Saturday April 12). Rain will not affect them too much now.

Can someone go turn the construction cam to the left slightly so I can watch spring "game" while I'm at work?!?!

Now the fun begins. they will probably spend the next day or two to do layout work, form construction and tying steel. I would hope that they have been tying steel while the mud bed was being placed. They are in good shape right now because the mud bed has basically got them "out of the weather". They will then go through the process of, tying steel, setting forms and placing concrete, over and over again until they make it to the top. Once they get about two or three placements done, we can get a pretty good idea of the pace. However, as they get higher the bowl gets bigger and progress may seam to slow as they get to the top.

Helmut, explain the area by the student side. Why does the slab show to be somewhat lower then the rest of the area. You can see at the top that the slab is lower than the cement walkway. It don't same to be level at all

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Helmut, explain the area by the student side. Why does the slab show to be somewhat lower then the rest of the area. You can see at the top that the slab is lower than the cement walkway. It don't same to be level at all
    I am not Helmut, but that is not the final height of the slab, they still have to build up the steps and sections that the seating will sit on.

Now the fun begins. they will probably spend the next day or two to do layout work, form construction and tying steel. I would hope that they have been tying steel while the mud bed was being placed. They are in good shape right now because the mud bed has basically got them "out of the weather". They will then go through the process of, tying steel, setting forms and placing concrete, over and over again until they make it to the top. Once they get about two or three placements done, we can get a pretty good idea of the pace. However, as they get higher the bowl gets bigger and progress may seam to slow as they get to the top.
    So are the stands going to sit directly over these mud beds? I was expecting there would be some sort of foundation work for such a heavy structure.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post

The mud bed is just a base for them to work off of and has nothing to do with the final elevation of the stadium. The low points were at the Burke Joints that they used to set grade and screed the mud bed to. The low points you are talking about happen only at the curve of the walk. Where the walk is straight thee are no low points. It really is no big deal that there are low points that's just how they decided to do it.

Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 . LastLast

Thread Information