Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 . LastLast

Thread: Is that a construction cam?

Default Re: Is that a construction cam?

HelmutVII we are missing our updates it looks like they are working on the side closets to the home side.

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    HelmutVII we are missing our updates it looks like they are working on the side closets to the home side.
    It rained over the weekend and they spend Monday cleaning up the dirt and silt that washed down to the French Drain. We had a "surprise" short rain yesterday but it looks like it did not hurt them too much. There is astrong north wind with lots of sun so the ground should dry quickly. From what I can tell (keep in mind that I am viewing the cam from a good distance away) today they are fine grading the base in preparation of placing the mud bed. They really need to get the mud bed in because it will make the job go quicker and safer. Looks like good weather the rest of the week so we should see good progress.

Laying forms to set mud Bed

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    It rained over the weekend and they spend Monday cleaning up the dirt and silt that washed down to the French Drain. We had a "surprise" short rain yesterday but it looks like it did not hurt them too much. There is astrong north wind with lots of sun so the ground should dry quickly. From what I can tell (keep in mind that I am viewing the cam from a good distance away) today they are fine grading the base in preparation of placing the mud bed. They really need to get the mud bed in because it will make the job go quicker and safer. Looks like good weather the rest of the week so we should see good progress.
    Speaking from ignorance, but is it difficult to keep the concrete in the forms on a slope like this? It would seem like it would pool toward the lower end of the form with the top section of the next lower form being much lower. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Speaking from ignorance, but is it difficult to keep the concrete in the forms on a slope like this? It would seem like it would pool toward the lower end of the form with the top section of the next lower form being much lower. Thanks
    They will probably use a 2" slump concrete and it should be fine. They may even gunite it. I have paved many a mile of concrete coulee at 1.5 to 1 side slope which is steeper than this.

Thanks for the photos Frenchie, I figured they were placing Burke joints from the cam.

6. Default Re: Is that a construction cam?

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Laying forms to set mud Bed

-----hey Frenchie ---thanks for the STATE FARM advertising---maybe I should get a Terri Landry sign with it!!! lol

It looks like they will use those metal forms to scree the mud slide. The mounds on top of the lower picture is the mud slide they will lay down. Feels like course sand and cement mixture. And the top photo has some of Boomers advertisement.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    It looks like they will use those metal forms to scree the mud slide. The mounds on top of the lower picture is the mud slide they will lay down. Feels like course sand and cement mixture. And the top photo has some of Boomers advertisement.

Frenchie, the mud bed will be placed on top of the sand mixture you saw. The mud bed will be a low strength concrete that they will place between the burke joints (metal forms). When they get rain on that sand it will slide to the bottom and they will have a mess. The mud bed is a a misnomer, it is actually concrete to prevent mud from getting on the rebar, to stabilize the slope and to make it easier for the rod busters, form erectors and concrete finishers to work without getting mud on the rebar. You will see.

They are at an even more vulnerable time now because if we get a heavy rain all that sand is at the bottom of the hill and maybe on the field. The really really really need to bust butt to get that mud bed done before the next rain.

I will check it tomorrow afternoon. They may have quite a bit down. If it don't rain they may have the whole thing ready by this week end. I was watching them. It same to the man that they know what they are doing. I was there during lunch break30 minutes and they were back at it. Another thing, if they expect heavy rain, would they stop before they commit to something that would be ruined, and wait for the right time to continue?

So mud bed = protective layer of cement that will give stabilization and allow the job to move forward without fear of rain washing all the progress away.

Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux View Post
    So mud bed = protective layer of cement that will give stabilization and allow the job to move forward without fear of rain washing all the progress away.
    Ding ding!

Go to the head of the class. I forgot to mention it will allow them to get back to work sooner after a rain because there will be no mud to fight.

13. Default

Tech would have loaned us their tarps.

Quote Originally Posted by CockyCajun View Post
    Tech would have loaned us their tarps.
    They ran out they had to cover extra seats this year.

Hard to see with the glare but looks like a cement truck boom in the cam this morning

Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 . LastLast

Thread Information