Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 . LastLast

Thread: Is that a construction cam?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Nah, they're digging in the wrong place.
    North endzone?

2. Default Re: Is that a construction cam?

Oh so now I think of it-----Could have had a Giant Hill
    Slide for all the kids ----After practice the football team could have
    made a small visit ------The last Down Hill or I slid the Hill at Cajun Field!!
    Well I guess I would have wanted the T-Shirt!!!! lol

Default Re: Is that a construction cam?

the seats around that tunnel are going to be insane - especially when the team is coming through it

Any idea what they will do with that pumping station at the bottom of the hill. I assume the entry to it is within the tunnel. If so they can put seats above it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Any idea what they will do with that pumping station at the bottom of the hill. I assume the entry to it is within the tunnel. If so they can put seats above it.
    I was wondering that myself. Yes, the entry is in the tunnel, however the "Roof" of the pumping station seems to be higher than the level that the seats would be. I'm guessing they'll work around it.

Curious.Did the move the flag poles to the other side or will they put them back once the construction is done?

Looks like their digging/excavating around the pump and the tunnel exit. Maybe it will be moved/changed after all.

Any idea when they start on the buildings? I'm just wondering about the meeting rooms and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Any idea when they start on the buildings? I'm just wondering about the meeting rooms and what not.
    A few months. Probably around the beginning of summer break unless something gets delayed.

Construction has started in earnest yesterday and today (March 19 and 20). I would suspect they will work can to can't Monday through Saturday. Maybe on Sunday if they get rained out during the week. You will see them excavating along the retaining wall to place a geotextile fabric, stone and perforated pipe to make a french drain and then work their way up the hill. They will place this up the hill at predetermined locations. they will then place reinforcing steel, formwork and then place concrete. I suspect they will divide the project into three (maybe four) sections. That means they will do this at least three times. Each time starting at the retaining wall and working their way up the hill.

As I have stated in previous post in this and other threads, If they start in March they will make it for the end of August. The trailer located at the south student side gate is a job shack for Lemoine to use as an office during construction.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Construction has started in earnest yesterday and today (March 19 and 20). I would suspect they will work can to can't Monday through Saturday. Maybe on Sunday if they get rained out during the week. You will see them excavating along the retaining wall to place a geotextile fabric, stone and perforated pipe to make a french drain and then work their way up the hill. They will place this up the hill at predetermined locations. they will then place reinforcing steel, formwork and then place concrete. I suspect they will divide the project into three (maybe four) sections. That means they will do this at least three times. Each time starting at the retaining wall and working their way up the hill.

As I have stated in previous post in this and other threads, If they start in March they will make it for the end of August. The trailer located at the south student side gate is a job shack for Lemoine to use as an office during construction.
    Good stUff as always. Thanks!

Man! I bet whoever is driving that Bobcat, or whatever it is up and down that hill has an extreme pucker factor.

I hope something is done with the pumping station that will allow seating in that area next to the tunnel, either by moving it or by building on top of it. Helmut or CajunFan3406do you guys know what's going to happen?

14. Default Re: Is that a construction cam?

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    I hope something is done with the pumping station that will allow seating in that area next to the tunnel, either by moving it or by building on top of it. Helmut or CajunFan3406do you guys know what's going to happen?
    ----Through the years you hear so much from all the different employees at a university--I remember from my days somebody saying that the "Swamp's" pumping system was fabulous and I remember the old turtle Back draining extremely well!!! So Helm--will they keep the old or have a new system???

All of the subsurface drainage for the field goes to the pump station. They would have to redo that to move the pumps. I don't think it will happen. They may have to upgrade the pumps because more concrete area is draining to field level though.

It's pretty easy to upgrade a pump but changing the impeller diameter, or increasing the rpm and horsepower. Without knowing what kind of pump is installed I really can't say much more than that.

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 . LastLast

Thread Information