Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Is that a construction cam?

Default Re: Is that a construction cam?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunjeb View Post
    Ready for a complaint....This is ridiculous! We have to go out and find pictures of designs. One of our fellow RPers goes out weekly to take pictures to share with everyone. Those in the "know" share what they can with everyone. Why do we have to go through so much effort? Why can't the university/athletics department share more with the public? Reddot found a picture, somewhere public I would guess, to share with everyone.

This will rub some the wrong way and I don't care. The university 50 miles down the road sends out a tweet once a week to the public inviting them to go to the web-site to see the latest photos of the renovations. There is no need to have a "Frenchie" fan go out there and take pictures. They have someone from LSU go and take 20+ pictures. Also, the AD sends out e-mails to the masses once a month updating the fan base on the latest with LSU athletics. To everyone! I am not saying that UL should be doing everything like LSU, but come on. Give us more!

If there are members of the administration/athletics on RP, come on man! Want us to be more connected with the university? Want more people to decide to buy season tickets? We have great momentum after softball and baseball. Let's not lose this! Keep us engaged. It's harder to keep a customer than to find a new one. Don't lose us!
    There are pictures posted weekly all over facebook by the university.

Cajunjeb is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    There are pictures posted weekly all over facebook by the university.
    So to find pictures about what's going on around the athletics department, I have to go to the university's Facebook page? Would sure be nice to see those on ragincajuns.com.

So to find pictures about what's going on around the athletics department, I have to go to the university's Facebook page? Would sure be nice to see those on ragincajuns.com.
    So you don't mind looking for an LSU reminder tweet yet you can't go look at a UL facebok page?

So you don't mind looking for an LSU reminder tweet yet you can't go look at a UL facebok page?
    Duggie, I get a "tweet" that tells me to go to the official LSU athletics home page to view their renovation pictures for LSU Tiger Stadium, an athletics facility.

5. Default Re: Is that a construction cam?

Ready for a complaint....This is ridiculous! We have to go out and find pictures of designs. One of our fellow RPers goes out weekly to take pictures to share with everyone. Those in the "know" share what they can with everyone. Why do we have to go through so much effort? Why can't the university/athletics department share more with the public? Reddot found a picture, somewhere public I would guess, to share with everyone.

This will rub some the wrong way and I don't care. The university 50 miles down the road sends out a tweet once a week to the public inviting them to go to the web-site to see the latest photos of the renovations. There is no need to have a "Frenchie" fan go out there and take pictures. They have someone from LSU go and take 20+ pictures. Also, the AD sends out e-mails to the masses once a month updating the fan base on the latest with LSU athletics. To everyone! I am not saying that UL should be doing everything like LSU, but come on. Give us more!

If there are members of the administration/athletics on RP, come on man! Want us to be more connected with the university? Want more people to decide to buy season tickets? We have great momentum after softball and baseball. Let's not lose this! Keep us engaged. It's harder to keep a customer than to find a new one. Don't lose us!
    I don't know about you, but I get an email from Scott Farmer every month due to RCAF membership. June's included info on the scoreboard, the ability to print out season tickets, the appointment of the new associate AD (who's job will include this type of stuff instead of stuffing it on Scott's plate), and the athletic graduates. All in all, it's well done. It's not a novel, but it provides relevant info.

Oh wait, did I just say something good about our athletic department... my bad

And I think Facebook and Twitter are perfect outlets to post pictures from construction this day in age. Not only are they easily accessible through albums all in one place. But most people (maybe not much of the older generation) are already on there. That is where new and future alumni (the new season ticket buyers you mention) get there info from these days. That's how you reach the masses. Hud for sure embraces it.

Frenchie does a great job with his pictures. He can listen to individual ideas of what we, here, want to see, and showcase that. The University will take more general pictures to show the larger changes, and I am fine with that.

And I could give two s**** what that school down the road does.

Brad Kemp posts updated pics all the time on twitter as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNryan4 View Post
    I don't know about you, but I get an email from Scott Farmer every month due to RCAF membership. June's included info on the scoreboard, the ability to print out season tickets, the appointment of the new associate AD (who's job will include this type of stuff instead of stuffing it on Scott's plate), and the athletic graduates. All in all, it's well done. It's not a novel, but it provides relevant info.

Oh wait, did I just say something good about our athletic department... my bad

And I think Facebook and Twitter are perfect outlets to post pictures from construction this day in age. Not only are they easily accessible through albums all in one place. But most people (maybe not much of the older generation) are already on there. That is where new and future alumni (the new season ticket buyers you mention) get there info from these days. That's how you reach the masses. Hud for sure embraces it.

Frenchie does a great job with his pictures. He can listen to individual ideas of what we, here, want to see, and showcase that. The University will take more general pictures to show the larger changes, and I am fine with that.

And I could give two s**** what that school down the road does.
    Either I am not stating my point clearly or you are not getting it. I have twitter but I don't have Kemp, so I am now following him. I also have Hud and several other DA writers.

My point is we have to go to other sources to find out the latest with construction projects. Granted, we have the camera and the videos on Ragin Cajuns.com, but we also have to go to facebook or twitter or RP to find out the latest on the Master Plan.

Either I am not stating my point clearly or you are not getting it. I have twitter but I don't have Kemp, so I am now following him. I also have Hud and several other DA writers.

My point is we have to go to other sources to find out the latest with construction projects. Granted, we have the camera and the videos on Ragin Cajuns.com, but we also have to go to facebook or twitter or RP to find out the latest on the Master Plan.
    Don't you understand how expensive tweets are!!!!!

Wonder what the 4th release will look like (compared to the original look and feel).

1.)

2.)

3.)

Where did he get that picture?

Quote Originally Posted by KragincajunS10 View Post
    Where did he get that picture?
    Architects Southwest website.

Just went on it and couldn't find it. I must be looking in the wrong place. Can anyone provide the link to the section in the website?

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Those lights are to make sure the entire stadium isn't gutted and sold for scrap in that neighborhood.
    I hope you were kidding around, as the property around Tulane University is some of the most expensive property in the area.

It's full of doctors and lawyers and "Old Line" New Orleans "Blue Bloods". That's why they were complaining so much about the stadium being built... they didn't want it to disturb their "quality of life".

14. Default Re: Is that a construction cam?

Quote Originally Posted by barchief View Post
    I hope you were kidding around, as the property around Tulane University is some of the most expensive property in the area.

It's full of doctors and lawyers and "Old Line" New Orleans "Blue Bloods". That's why they were complaining so much about the stadium being built... they didn't want it to disturb their "quality of life".
    ---Well that is true on 3 sides but Claiborne avenue is not the most desirable parking area for sure----And this area will tried as a parking area---People say they want to go back to the old days---but the # of cars now is overwhelming!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---Well that is true on 3 sides but Claiborne avenue is not the most desirable parking area for sure----And this area will tried as a parking area---People say they want to go back to the old days---but the # of cars now is overwhelming!!!
    Shuttles, shuttles, and more Shuttles.. what stinks about that is no tailgating.

Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread Information