Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 . LastLast

Thread: Is that a construction cam?

Default Re: Is that a construction cam?

MelRock You are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    So are the stands going to sit directly over these mud beds? I was expecting there would be some sort of foundation work for such a heavy structure.
    The stadium structure will sit directly on this mud bed. The stadium is basically a slab on grade but in this case the grade is sloped. Without the mud bed, the stadium would set on the ground. The mud bed, (a relatively weaker concrete) is still stronger than the soil below.

The mud bed is there for several reasons
    1 - to stabilize the slope during rainy conditions,
    2 - to allow them to get back to work after a rain without tracking mud on to the steel or contaminating the joints between concrete placements
    3 - to make a safer job site after rains by preventing slipping and falling by the workers.

Fellas - it's all good. Construction is like making boudin. It's the end result not how you get there. Getting there may not be pretty.

3. Default Re: Is that a construction cam?

so what is the next step in the process?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    See post #206.

Well today we see the advantages of a mud bed. It rained like the dickens yesterday afternoon about 4:00 and this morning at 7:30 they are working. If there would have been no mud bed, the site would have been a mess this morning and they would not have thought about working for at least two days.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I think mix the rice with the spices.

7. Default Re: Is that a construction cam?

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Well today we see the advantages of a mud bed. It rained like the dickens yesterday afternoon about 4:00 and this morning at 7:30 they are working. If there would have been no mud bed, the site would have been a mess this morning and they would not have thought about working for at least two days.
    Mud beds prevent mud beds.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Mud beds prevent mud beds.

It should be called an ANTI mud bed but that's just the way it is. Kind of like the "sway" bar on a car should be called an "ANTI" sway bar.

Starting to set and tie rebar today. This will be slow and tedious it may not look like apparent progress from day to day but there will be plenty of work going on.

10. Default Re: Is that a construction cam?

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Starting to set and tie rebar today. This will be slow and tedious it may not look like apparent progress from day to day but there will be plenty of work going on.
    ---So Helmut---the workers get there at 3AM and the first shift leaves at about 11-12 and then the next guys come on duty??? Is this about right??

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---So Helmut---the workers get there at 3AM and the first shift leaves at about 11-12 and then the next guys come on duty??? Is this about right??
    right now it appears they are working can to can't (roughly 7:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M.) I don't think they will be running double shifts yet.

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Obviously, the seating area is rolling along full speed ahead and should be ready before next season.

Does anyone here know when the concession/restroom and/ or visitor locker room portion will be kicked off? And how long that portion would take?

When they do the other side, will another pump need to be added?

14. Default Re: Is that a construction cam?

Quote Originally Posted by zakeeus View Post
    When they do the other side, will another pump need to be added?
    I would have guessed no, but since they felt they couldn't tap into the football field drainage system and needed a brand new French Drain, I think yours is a good question.

I hope they build a 3 sided nook -opposite of the tunnel- at Swamp level for the UL Cannon.

15. UL Basketball Re: Is that a construction cam?

I hope the cannon is mothballed. So aggravating and yet so common.

Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 . LastLast

Thread Information