Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Sunbelt Football Television Schedule

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default 2008 Sunbelt Football Television Schedule

Default Re: 2008 Sunbelt Football Television Schedule

Impressive... NOT!!!!!

We move the MT game to a Wednesday night to only be on ESPN+.....not a good move.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    _ We move the MT game to a Wednesday night to only be on ESPN+.....not a good move. _

Doesn't matter. That game will send us to the NO bowl as 'Belt champs! It will be a packed house!!!

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ Doesn't matter. That game will send us to the NO bowl as 'Belt champs! It will be a packed house!!!

Z _
    Zee, If the game doesn't send MT, I sure hope it sends the Cajuns.

So far.......just MT, the Cajuns, the Warhawks, and FIU are the only SBC programs to NOT play in the N'Awlins Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by KAjunRaider View Post
    _ Zee, If the game doesn't send MT, I sure hope it sends the Cajuns.

So far.......just MT, the Cajuns, the Warhawks, and FIU are the only SBC programs to NOT play in the N'Awlins Bowl. _
    Midweek game. Will you make it? Heck, I'm not sure if I'll make it....

Z

_ Midweek game. Will you make it? Heck, I'm not sure if I'll make it....

Z _
    First game at home a third or the season gone, last game in the season in December without ample opportunity to get there. Yea that is a great deal for showing how well we set our schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express View Post
    _ First game at home a third or the season gone, last game in the season in December without ample opportunity to get there. Yea that is a great deal for showing how well we set our schedule. _

We have trouble getting fans on a Saturday game. If this were a BCS program, the house would be packed. I remember VA Tech on a Thursday night in a driving rain storm and a packed house, and that was before they were admitted to the ACC. But then again, that is one reason they are BCS and we are not. Attendance excuses are already starting to fly and the season hasn't started yet. Things like this may ultimately make the difference in our inclusion in the next conference reallignment or remain in the SunBelch where it is the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar Land Cajun View Post
    _ We have trouble getting fans on a Saturday game. If this were a BCS program, the house would be packed. I remember VA Tech on a Thursday night in a driving rain storm and a packed house, and that was before they were admitted to the ACC. But then again, that is one reason they are BCS and we are not. Attendance excuses are already starting to fly and the season hasn't started yet. Things like this may ultimately make the difference in our inclusion in the next conference reallignment or remain in the SunBelch where it is the norm. _
    Give the Sunbelch thing a rest, OK. You sound like a tech fan. Dr A screwed us. Nothing we can do about it. Lets be the best we can be. Right now thats being a member of the Sunbelt Conference.

Z

_ Give the Sunbelch thing a rest, OK. You sound like a tech fan. Dr A screwed us. Nothing we can do about it. Lets be the best we can be. Right now thats being a member of the Sunbelt Conference.

Z _

OK, Sun Belt. But, let's at least agree to act like a 1A program and not make attendance excuses before the season begins.

_ OK, Sun Belt. But, let's at least agree to act like a 1A program and not make attendance excuses before the season begins. _
    Sugarland, if that attdce thing is a shot at me its not appropriate. I work in N. Alabama 2 weeks at a time, and thats a hell of alot farther away than Houston. You can mark it down, if the Cajuns are in contention for the Sunbelt Championship...there is a very good chance I will be there.

Z

Things like this may ultimately make the difference in our inclusion in the next conference reallignment or remain in the SunBelch where it is the norm. _
    You need to adopt a Big XII program and run with it.

Louisiana Re: 2008 Sunbelt Football Television Schedule

I find it interesting that the fans of a team picked to finish 6th in the Sun Belt are complaining about not being in a better conference.

If our league is the Sun Belch, what do you call the 6th best team in the Sun Belch?

Let's play some football, make the best of it, and win a championship before we get too big for our britches. Sounds good?

Quote Originally Posted by KAjunRaider View Post
    Zee, If the game doesn't send MT, I sure hope it sends the Cajuns.

So far.......just MT, the Cajuns, the Warhawks, and FIU are the only SBC programs to NOT play in the N'Awlins Bowl.
    Yeah, if that darn UNT hadn't hogged the bowl for the first, what, 5 (?) years ...

_ Sugarland, if that attdce thing is a shot at me its not appropriate. I work in N. Alabama 2 weeks at a time, and thats a hell of alot farther away than Houston. You can mark it down, if the Cajuns are in contention for the Sunbelt Championship...there is a very good chance I will be there.

Z _

My comments were in no way addressed to you and I apologize if you took it that way. The only way to make a comment on this thread is to pick something and add to it, as I did here. My comments were in general as this has been going on for several years. There are always excuses from various fans about why we can't go to games, e.g. it is on a week night, it might be raining, its too cold, the game time is not right, there are other entertainment venues, a competing game is on tv, etc. etc. One of the reason BCS schools are BCS schools is because their fans support them 100% regardless of the day of the game or the time and they have a packed house at every game. If UL is ever going to make it to a level above where we are, that mentality has got to change. Granted, we need to win to make UL football and basketball more attractive, so the fans will come out. But, with a great city and area as Lafayette is, our fans and alumni need to be more supportive of UL sports. There is no reason UL should not have over 30,000 a game and demanding a larger stadium. If we ever want a chance to elevate ourselves to a better conference, we need to start filling the stadium regardless of when the game is held or the weather.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information