Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Interview with Robert Lee

Default Re: Interview with Robert Lee

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun2010 View Post
    _ I am quoting you, and agreeing with you 110%. He was thrown into a deep hole and with a corrupt program, however he is increasing grades, the apr, and he is even winning more games than the previous season. It is ludacris to even mention his job being in danger.

Geaux Coach Lee
    Geaux Cajuns _
    If there was a "deep hole" and "corrupt program". he was, as an assistant,
    a part of that "corrupt program" . So in a sense he is cleaning up a mess he helped create.

Quote Originally Posted by reddot View Post
    _ If there was a "deep hole" and "corrupt program". he was, as an assistant,
    a part of that "corrupt program" . So in a sense he is cleaning up a mess he helped create. _

ok that is true, although it wasn't completely his fault, he does have to take responsibility. And i think he has and it helping pull a 180.

_ ok that is true, although it wasn't completely his fault, he does have to take responsibility. And i think he has and it helping pull a 180. _
    So, what's this "corruption" you speak of? That's a slap in the face to a long list of great kids who came through our program in those years.

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ So, what's this "corruption" you speak of? That's a slap in the face to a long list of great kids who came through our program in those years. _
    First, I meant no disrespect towards anyone who played here during those years.

It has nothing to do with the kids that were ever involved with the school. And perhaps corruption wasnt the right word to use. The fact that Lee was a part of the coachin era that put us on probation and made us lose a few scholarships back in 04-05, plus the 90% of money we made and our records. And he is not just focused on winning (which he is doing) he is also increasing performance in the classroom and the character of the players he coaches. You have to give him credit for rebuilding the foundation of the basketball program with less scholarships and recruiting local talent. All i am saying is why would his job be in jeopardy when he has had to deal with all of this and is still moving the program up.

5. Default Re: Interview with Robert Lee

Without taking other variable into consideration I have an oversimplified timeline formula for time allowed to own a winning program.

If you take over a winning program tear it down and rebuild it to your liking, I think you should have 4 years to accomplish the task.

If you take a long running program that is and has been in shambles, you should have 7 years to accomplish the task.

If you start a program from scratch you should have 6 years to make it a winner.

jmo

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ Without taking other variable into consideration I have an oversimplified timeline formula for time allowed to own a winning program.

If you take over a winning program tear it down and rebuild it to your liking, I think you should have 4 years to accomplish the task.

If you take a long running program that is and has been in shambles, you should have 7 years to accomplish the task.

If you start a program from scratch you should have 6 years to make it a winner.

jmo _
    Turbine with the time line you set do you believe this is the the year for Bustle and if not it is time for a new coach?

7. Default Re: Interview with Robert Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ Turbine with the time line you set do you believe this is the the year for Bustle and if not it is time for a new coach? _
    Yes but I prefer to say THIS IS THE YEAR!

8-4

The Beamer Model turns the corner this year.

First, I meant no disrespect towards anyone who played here during those years.

And he is not just focused on winning (which he is doing) he is also increasing performance in the classroom and the character of the players he coaches. You have to give him credit for rebuilding the foundation of the basketball program with less scholarships and recruiting local talent. All i am saying is why would his job be in jeopardy when he has had to deal with all of this and is still moving the program up. _
    Now that I can certainly agree with.

PS As I recollect, most of what you cited as problems went straight back to OG passing what was deemed to be a "distance learning" course by our NCAA compliance officer that was then disappoved by the NCAA thus making him (retroactively) ineligible.

_ Yes but I prefer to say THIS IS THE YEAR!

8-4

The Beamer Model turns the corner this year. _
    I would prefer that to I am an optimist but its getting hard to stay that way lol

_ I am quoting you, and agreeing with you 110%. He was thrown into a deep hole and with a corrupt program, however he is increasing grades, the apr, and he is even winning more games than the previous season. It is ludacris to even mention his job being in danger.

Geaux Coach Lee
    Geaux Cajuns _

Backing coach Lee, but he did not inherit a corrupt program. He inherited a program that was good enough to contend with Louisiville. Jesse did not make the error on Green, and there are no other issues. All the players that cost him were players he had a big hand in recruiting.

_ Without taking other variable into consideration I have an oversimplified timeline formula for time allowed to own a winning program.

jmo _

The basketball program fits into your tear it down category. You say four years is needed in that situation. This coming season will be Year 3. We may be slightly ahead of the four years as we have several JC guys along with some transfers coming in. That should balance the roster as it was mostly high school guys the last two years.

_ You have to give him credit for rebuilding the foundation of the basketball program with less scholarships and recruiting local talent. All i am saying is why would his job be in jeopardy when he has had to deal with all of this and is still moving the program up. _
    Kudos to him for taking care of the APR factor. Let's say the APR wasn't a factor, in your opinion do you think he would be taking more gambles on the kids he brings in?

IMO, I think he would. The APR isn't something he imposed on the program. It would be naive
    to think coaches don't recruit to the edge of what is permitted.

Quote Originally Posted by reddot View Post
    _ Kudos to him for taking care of the APR factor. Let's say the APR wasn't a factor, in your opinion do you think he would be taking more gambles on the kids he brings in?

IMO, I think he would. The APR isn't something he imposed on the program. It would be naive
    to think coaches don't recruit to the edge of what is permitted. _

Of course you have to recruit to the edge in order to keep a winning program or perhaps make it better. And i do agree with you. He would take a gamble on a kid or two, but in the situation he is in, he did make the right move in getting a group of young local kids who he can mold into get student athletes who have great character. In this environment they can only improve in both acadmeics and in athletics. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ I am also optimistic about the upcoming basketball season. _
    Can I go offically on record and say I am also optimistic. Get off the floor, Mike, I know it's early. Shipley's book has me all psyched/psycho'ed.

Without taking other variable into consideration I have an oversimplified timeline formula for time allowed to own a winning program.

jmo
    Is this for basketball only?

'Cause if your guidelines include the football program, Baldwin would like you to testify in his behalf.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information